i would like to see him go at it with 50

then we'd get a jada and em battle

and a obie and shiek battle....

omg if that happened if be the happiest mutha fucka

jada verse em

MY GODDDD!!!

That would be kinda HOT!

cannibus is goods....definitly. but em would kill it in a battle

now em vs jada..i dunno. they both have the dopest flows in hip hop right now. but not many people can touch em lyrically and his freestyles are just so tight. so id go with my mans eminem on that one

Originally posted by barslut

em is all hype non content same subject matter every song , canibus would destroy him , cage destroyed him but he's not a pop star so nobody cares.

all hype? he does get a lot of fuckign attention and people who dont know shit about music amp him up, but he does deserve it though. same subject matter in every song? i really dont agree with that at all

yeah canibus is ill, but i still feel em would rip it without a doubt..his lyrics and flow are just so tight

Ah, I never said who would win, all I said was you can easily notice he only battles chumps. I'm not discounting the man, all you have to do is throw on his verse from Patiently waiting from 50's album and you can see he might have the best word play in the game today. jada is no slouch though.

YALL got NOOO clue.....sheek is the hardest Nugga in the mixtape game lately..and thats that....AND now that the man himself,,STYLES p. is out..just watch out (andd he writes most of the lox shiiit)......

the illest emcees..underrated..

STYLES p

Ali VEGAS (the next nas...yall just dont know.)

Big L (gotta always include my man.RIP..among the best ever)

Cassidy..(watch out)

GRAPH

and flame me all u want..but from the true headz..i can tell u that 50 also is a hipacrite and a sell out basically (ya ya, its about the loot..sure)...i just know his flow and style was different from a long time ago...he changed up,,and he's like a american idol now,,to people who got no clue..makes me sad...hah....oh,,and every mixtape follower can admit that hes one of those few artists that u like to (well at least me) hear rhyme over other peoples beats...thats wat made him ill before (like a hiphop Weird-Al kinda)...i dont care how many times he tells his gettin-shotup story, or his jabs at Ja, hes watered down and fake now..Done

(oh, and Ali vegas is having huge label beefs...columbia collapsed,,,hes stranded)..peace

50 waited 8 years, but a lot of that was industry blackballing. Of course dude switched his flow up, and I would have too. He released classic, crazy hot lyrical masterpieces like 50 bars, life on the line,corner bodega, etc and didn't get a sniff. Now hes making 100g a night, and clown back-packing nerd rap kids on the net call him a sellout. IF I could sell 7 million+, and get 100k a show, show me the way to the sellout game.

Vegas is straight nasty, but I thought he was the next nas like 3 years ago, and what that kid said was right. ever since that clue/fab diss, I haven't heard anything bangin.

damn this is actually one of the best threads I've seen...

BUMP...

A couple months ago I would think that Shady would take the Lox but the Lox are on their GRIND... Shady isnt that hungry right now cause they're eatin nicely right now... As for the Lox wit Jada and his street credit and Sheek about to drop (and BTW he's killin mixtapes) and Styles just gettin out of jail (has crazy rhymes I'm sure)... In all honesty i dont know what will happen...

All I know is that D-Block is FUCKIN HUNGRY!!!! You can hear it in their voice and rhymes.

50 Cent is still bangin.....im one of those people who followed this kid from Guy Brewer to where he's at now . the shit he used to make was when he was hungry and it still is pretty much the same for him..and to be honest i noticed a lot of the hate comes from people who never even bothered to listen to Get Rich...they just heard Wanksta and Its Ya Bday and totally deaded him and said he went commercial..thats just plain bullshit...his whole album is listen-able except for 21 questions and the 2 afforementioned tracks..he's kept it street...and he shows his versatility to flip a track...the joints he did on the new Clue prove his skill...and fuckin Lloyd Banks is a killa'...and Tony Yayo is primed to be the Hypest Hype man ever since Jack Haley played on the Bulls....

look what happened to Fabolous? fab was a killa on mixtapes....then BAM!...goes commercial and now he's horrible..that shit hasnt happened with 50....i just think a lot of people assume he's commerical cause he gets airplay...

one person im dissaponted in is Shells , i wish he would stop bullshitting around man...im so dissapointed in his shit as of late..a couple of my friends who were with him @ Exit last Friday said the crowd was hatin on him....

but then again when Joe Buddens and Sheik r in the house..who would wana hear Shells anyway??

Originally posted by origskeemr

damn this is actually one of the best threads I've seen...

BUMP...

A couple months ago I would think that Shady would take the Lox but the Lox are on their GRIND... Shady isnt that hungry right now cause they're eatin nicely right now... As for the Lox wit Jada and his street credit and Sheek about to drop (and BTW he's killin mixtapes) and Styles just gettin out of jail (has crazy rhymes I'm sure)... In all honesty i dont know what will happen...

All I know is that D-Block is FUCKIN HUNGRY!!!! You can hear it in their voice and rhymes.

totally agree

dblock is hungry rite now

The 50 shit is simply hate. I can't front, he dumbed his lyrics down crazy on this album, but I don't blame him at all. For everyone who is hating, you tell me when this area had as much buzz as it did last fall? Biggie? Wu? Walk down canal street and EVERY mix tape had his mug on it, and he had at least half the tracks on the cd. He drops in the club, white chicks fall in love with it and him, and he's a sell out. Just throw on the album, let track 2 rattle your speakers, and you tell me who in the game today can make a hard core, east coast banger better then What up Gangster??

welll,,i hatin on 50....just tellin the truth...all i know is,,since he got his big signing bonus and signed to shady/aftrmath, they persuaded him to make more commercial joints than street ish..trust me,,the buzz would STILL there around him if he threw old tracks like "how to rob.." or any of his older ish..But he just did wat would make more and more loot (make like 99% of his album joints RADIO-playable)..to me,,the radio=NO no..fuk da radio

oh,,and D-block is just the illest new generation crew..i luv em..straight up...Jae-hood is a great addition..and i hope they all stick together forever...i dont see them really blowin up in the mainstream much (knock on wood),,so im happy as of where theyre at..the Mixtape KILLAZ,,,i probably got a thousand mixtape bangazz where they ripppp it..i swear to god, id listen to one of their joints a million times more than Any commercial album sold in stores (i think last cd i bought was ...ummmm....maybe the GZA or sumshit..)

oh,,and shellz has to get his shit going...i was happy that J-records signed him..(and remember,,this is the 2nd place Battle contest).Jada gotta get things rollin for TEAM ARLISS (shells, trav, straw...).peace yall.....great thread,,,...oh...and CANT FORGET ABOUT MY MAN..(still the rawesttt on the street....COR-muthafukin-MEGA).....i met cormega a while ago...and he is STREETS (straight drug price talk.etc... crazyyy ish)..he blew up a freestyle about growing up with nas,,and the details of how shit got fukd up between em..peace yall

im kinda sick of ppl sayin '50 sold out blah blah blah he used to be so street now hes making pop records'...

i personally think this also ..butttttt 90% of u ppl wouldnt have ever heard of him if he didnt make 'in da club' or '21 questions'

cuz they're to busy watching MTV looking for sway for ur hip hop news....

ppl confuse making money and sellin albums for selling out...

i think jada said it himself

'just cuz i aint broke nemore doesnt mean i aint street no more'

sure 50 mad some weak shit..but thats the formula for selling albums and getting air play

as far as ppl like fabolous was off the hook i liked his early shit allot...he killed mixtapes. and he's finally coming back ...he's shit with joe buddens and that other kidd on the clue tapes 'traingle offense' is hot and deffinetly worthy of a come back

Dblock is the shit ..and has been the shit for some time now..but i dont know if any of u have the LOX albums....there horrible...tehy kill mixtape a guest apperance's but they just cant make a cd no matter what label there on..but solo there off the hook also...so well see with shieks album

rapper noyd and mega...u kidding these two are by far the most underrated in hip hop today..those who know..know

but as far as the shady records d block battle..ther two teams are so strong right now that it would make for great hip hop ..okay maybe em and 50 and eating right so there not as hungry ..but nobody is hungrier then ya yo and lloyd banks...these two as a team forget it...if anybody can bring the gutter back to 50 and em its those kats

and the whole D- block is ready to launch so they would make for a perfect battle....one of those where hip hop is no place for the weak anymore kinda battles .....

theres mad more but its already offically my longest post ever ...