Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ANYONE old enough to remember the Fifth Colvmn?

yeah, that place used to get so friggin packed . . .

i didn't enjoy it as much as tracks . . .

now tracks was by far the best place to go in dc, just down the street from nation . . .

i used to go there and every other thursday at fever in charm city . . .

Originally posted by hellomyname-is

Funny, I was a little kid riding around on a motorized skateboard in the fifth colvmn during my uncle's jewish wedding. They stood right under the peeing devil. Now I manage the best club in NYC, the impressions made during youth.

And what happens to be the "best club" in NYC?

Hey as a biased as it may be its' Centro-Fly. In the progression of memorable NY nightlife this has it's place as the best nightclub during its timeline. Just like Studio owned the late 70s, AREA, Club USA, Limelight in the early 90s, Danceteria 80s, paladium late 80s........2000-2003 centro has its place. The respect i have for ownership here and what they have done is tremendous.

Originally posted by hellomyname-is

Hey as a biased as it may be its' Centro-Fly. In the progression of memorable NY nightlife this has it's place as the best nightclub during its timeline. Just like Studio owned the late 70s, AREA, Club USA, Limelight in the early 90s, Danceteria 80s, paladium late 80s........2000-2003 centro has its place. The respect i have for ownership here and what they have done is tremendous.

I will grant you that. Centro has had many great parties and DJs in the past year and half. I was there last for Digweed/LES.

How long are the rennovations supposed to take?

Yeah Digweed was really a memorable night, even the next night with Oakenfold was just as astounding. Plus simultaneously Pete Tong was debuting Centro-Fly music with Carl Kennedy live on Radio one in Ibizia. 6000 people all screaming "Centro-Fly". Its really amazing to be part of that.