Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Women's World Cup

vicman

so the Women's World Cup is being held in the US again starting in early September...football (soccer) I'm talking about. Originally it was supposed to be held in China but got moved because SARS. A few games are scheduled for DC, anyone interested in going?

Full schedule: http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/03/en/t/match/index.html

I recall last time it was in the US there were crazy results like 7-2, 8-0, 6-1 so it should be fun for those who complain about all the 1-0 and 0-0 games.

last time it was here in dc and it was awesome . . .

i watched a double header with us vs. germany and china vs. brazil . . .

i tell yeah, i've never had so much fun with all those brazilian fans, they were bangin on their drums, dancin and the best part it was non-stop through the whole game . . .

i'm down . . .

Originally posted by eggmok

last time it was here in dc and it was awesome . . .

i watched a double header with us vs. germany and china vs. brazil . . .

i tell yeah, i've never had so much fun with all those brazilian fans, they were bangin on their drums, dancin and the best part it was non-stop through the whole game . . .

i'm down . . .

I was in Brazil during the world cup one year and they are CRAZY over there, they had tvs on every corner and fans cheering on. When they won a game, all you see is people screaming and running outside - it was out of control!!! Those people are nuts.

Originally posted by lena1279

I was in Brazil during the world cup one year and they are CRAZY over there, they had tvs on every corner and fans cheering on. When they won a game, all you see is people screaming and running outside - it was out of control!!! Those people are nuts.

its the heat :tongue:

how fun that must have been . . .

brazil has such a strong soccer tradition, that their fans are die hard, hardcore lovers of the sport . . .

soccer fans are the craziest of them all, especially those hooligans from england . . .

and please ladies, don't mention david beckham . . .

0,,2434529,00.jpeg

DC schedule. ALL double headers.

Date Teams

Sun-Sep 21 USA : SWE

Sun-Sep 21 BRA : KOR

(double header starts at 12:30pm)

Wed-Sep 24 NOR : BRA

Wed-Sep 24 FRA : KOR

(double headre starts at 5pm)

Sat-Sep 27 FRA : BRA

Sat- Sep 27 ARG : GER

(double header starts at 3:30pm)

i would choose Sun. the 21st. the US and Brazil are 2 of the best 3 or 4 teams in the tournament so we would probably get to see a shitload of goals in those 2 matches. plus we get to see all the brazilian chicks.

Originally posted by eggmok

how fun that must have been . . .

brazil has such a strong soccer tradition, that their fans are die hard, hardcore lovers of the sport . . .

soccer fans are the craziest of them all, especially those hooligans from england . . .

and please ladies, don't mention david beckham . . .

0,,2434529,00.jpeg

can someone say OVERATED? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by vicman

i would choose Sun. the 21st. the US and Brazil are 2 of the best 3 or 4 teams in the tournament so we would probably get to see a shitload of goals in those 2 matches. plus we get to see all the brazilian chicks.

How much are tickets?

BTW, brazilian girls AND guys are HOT.......I was at the beach and couldn't keep my mouth closed. That place had the most beautiful people I've ever seen.

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

i don't care if he can play soccer :laugh:

its like who cares that Britney Spears has sold millions of records? :D

edit: to drive my point home :D

02.jpg

i dont like britney. fact that she got a boob job and tummy tuck makes it worse.

How much are tickets?

BTW, brazilian girls AND guys are HOT.......I was at the beach and couldn't keep my mouth closed. That place had the most beautiful people I've ever seen.

wierd.

$75 to $305 and that covers all 6 games in DC.

i'm trying to find out if they are selling individual tickets for 1 match day.