Clubplanet Nightlife Community

car audio help

I just figured this out (in case anyone is interested)...

I had built custom small boxes for the rear components, as my old car had no place for rear speakers... so I decided to open them up because I got a slightly lower resistance reading than I should have for one of these boxes... so I open it up and see that a few fibers from the pos & neg speaker wires inside the boxes were just about touching... I guess not enough to cause a short unless the power was really high, then it became a problem at high volumes... oh well, I'm glad I didn't send a perfectly good amp back ;)

Originally posted by gmoneyjive

I had built custom small boxes for the rear components, as my old car had no place for rear speakers... so I decided to open them up because I got a slightly lower resistance reading than I should have for one of these boxes... so I open it up and see that a few fibers from the pos & neg speaker wires inside the boxes were just about touching... I guess not enough to cause a short unless the power was really high, then it became a problem at high volumes... oh well, I'm glad I didn't send a perfectly good amp back ;)

ahhh its always something simple... i didn't even think to check if the cables were touching...

so hows everything sound now that its working right?

Guest jroo
Originally posted by gmoneyjive

if they're touching thats enough for a short, when you had more power going into it you had more bass, so they probably werent really touching until the bass pounded, and when they shorted internal electronics shut it off to protect the circuits. thats what i think, and im sticking to it.

Originally posted by jroo

if they're touching thats enough for a short, when you had more power going into it you had more bass, so they probably werent really touching until the bass pounded, and when they shorted internal electronics shut it off to protect the circuits. thats what i think, and im sticking to it.

sounds reasonable...

Guest jroo
Originally posted by joeg

sounds reasonable...

its my job, its what i do, i work with night vision and stuff, and i used to have two tens that i blew because of too much bass.