Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Friends with benefits.........

romy20

im in the same position as you....i obviously went with it..and have sex with the girl...its alright so far, we are still best friends

..some tricky situation come up..like when we are at the clubs in the city, talking with other people..we just talk and work shit out...communication is key...and you have to have a mentality like its just sex, nothing else...you have to MAKE SURE you dont develop any feelings...or it will end up ugly...

I think you just have to realize that friends with benefits will most likely have an ugly end it to, with both of you not being friends anymore...it is hard to stop having sex with somebody and then be just friends...imo

Originally posted by sexxyh

POINT# 1.

guys and girls can easily be friends...my 2 best friends are guys one i know for 8 years, am good friends with his girlfriend and i know he would do anything for me and vice versa...the other one i know for 3 years and we talk about everything.......i know al his sexual conquests and he knows mine and there is no sexual tension.

POINT# 2.

well not really a "point" more like a question but whatever.....last nite i had a conversation with a good friend of mine about being friends with benefits and it was the most ridiculous conversation i've ever had....very long and confusing..........we both don't necessarily want a relationship yet we dont the other one to have sex with anyone else........in the end i was the one who couldn't go through with it b/c if i do have sex with someone i want it to be with someone im in a relationship with...........however when i was thinking about it today i thought that maybe i should do it, b/c like i said before i dont want a relationship right now so it would be stupid of me to stick to that rule..............any advice??

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by podes881

im in the same position as you....i obviously went with it..and have sex with the girl...its alright so far, we are still best friends

..some tricky situation come up..like when we are at the clubs in the city, talking with other people..we just talk and work shit out...communication is key...and you have to have a mentality like its just sex, nothing else...you have to MAKE SURE you dont develop any feelings...or it will end up ugly...

I think you just have to realize that friends with benefits will most likely have an ugly end it to, with both of you not being friends anymore...it is hard to stop having sex with somebody and then be just friends...imo

~~i completely understand what ur saying.....maybe yesterday i just needed time to figure out if i can go into this without feelings and either way i must consider the fact that he'll prolly leave in january to cali anyways.........now the only problem is that he probably feels stupid for openly being all "for" it while i wasn't..........well whatever happens-happens! thanx for the advice:D

no prob...just keep your options open...you dont want to get tied down with this guy and miss out on somebody else

~~i completely understand what ur saying.....maybe yesterday i just needed time to figure out if i can go into this without feelings and either way i must consider the fact that he'll prolly leave in january to cali anyways.........now the only problem is that he probably feels stupid for openly being all "for" it while i wasn't..........well whatever happens-happens! thanx for the advice:D

POINT# 2.

well not really a "point" more like a question but whatever.....last nite i had a conversation with a good friend of mine about being friends with benefits and it was the most ridiculous conversation i've ever had....very long and confusing..........we both don't necessarily want a relationship yet we dont the other one to have sex with anyone else........in the end i was the one who couldn't go through with it b/c if i do have sex with someone i want it to be with someone im in a relationship with...........however when i was thinking about it today i thought that maybe i should do it, b/c like i said before i dont want a relationship right now so it would be stupid of me to stick to that rule..............any advice??

Hey girl... my advice, is to not go through with it... I am generally against this whole concept to begin with- more often than not, it leads to nothing but headaches. The fact that you said you want to be in a relationship with someone before having sex with them leads me to believe that you associate sex with love, and that by sleeping with your friend, feeling are likely to develop- the least of which is massive confusion, lol... You've already backed out once... it doesn't sound like your heart's in it- follow your instincts!

Just my $.02. ;)

Originally posted by tastyt

Hey girl... my advice, is to not go through with it... I am generally against this whole concept to begin with- more often than not, it leads to nothing but headaches. The fact that you said you want to be in a relationship with someone before having sex with them leads me to believe that you associate sex with love, and that by sleeping with your friend, feeling are likely to develop- the least of which is massive confusion, lol... You've already backed out once... it doesn't sound like your heart's in it- follow your instincts!

Just my $.02. ;)

Great Advice!!!

Now can we have sex. Great!!!

Originally posted by tastyt

Just my $.02. ;)

~~great advice thanx hun.........the problem is tho that i dont necessarily associate sex with love ...more like a steady sex partner who is not having sex with anyone else (helath safety issues only no jealousy) but some people consider that a relationship:rolleyes: so basically im a confused lil girl.......if i do go thru with it he better be worth it;)

Originally posted by marcomaxim

Great Advice!!!

Now can we have sex. Great!!!

LOL, what?!?!?

~~great advice thanx hun.........the problem is tho that i dont necessarily associate sex with love ...more like a steady sex partner who is not having sex with anyone else (helath safety issues only no jealousy) but some people consider that a relationship:rolleyes: so basically im a confused lil girl.......if i do go thru with it he better be worth it;)

Oh, I gotcha... yeah, that does kind of sound like a relationship, lol...