Clubplanet Nightlife Community

hmmm . . .

vicman

jimmy van m. is listed for starscape.

burridge and zabiela for that new avalon place up in NY, on consecutive weekend. :shaky:

if there is something good goin on at Arc the following saturday i would be up for going to see Zabiela on 10/3.

isn't Avalon supposed to be at the old Limelight?

sweet! limelight's space is great for a good club experience. i guess imagine the main room at nation but with only 2 floors, and the side bar in the back, all within a church. being avalon, i'm sure it will be good.

if g goes i go.

yeah, i dunno how different it might be this time, but it's still inside the church...you think they re-did the outside of the church also?

well, if everything goes as planned and they do open in time and stuff, i would really go up for this.

"The clubs will be harbingers of gentrification, if Mr. Smith's experience with the Crobar that he and Mr. Fortis built 10 years ago in Chicago is any indication. Over time, the industrial area they moved into was populated by other clubs, then restaurants, then retailers. Even an Old Navy is there now."

This is a completely bullshit statement. Crobar was not the faciliator of this neighborhood gentrifying but its close proximaty to River West and Lincoln Park, the dirt cheap real estate prices, and the mega tax breaks Mayor Daley gave developers. I can tell you right now that residents there would like nothing better but for Crobar to go away.