Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Night Clubs And Promoters Need To Wake Up!

aj2234

Originally posted by southof5th

The way it works is the local DJ should get a resident spot at the club, and the headliners usually are booked from out of town.

If the local resident knows his\her stuff, they should be able to prove themselves week after week and gather a following and move from there. After all, that's how the big names got started themselved in the first place.

Yeah but truth of the matter is, a great majority of DJ's get started becuase they know someone in the biz and got that extra push to get their foot in the door. Granted there is tons of talent here in South Florida and its a shame that they're not acknowledged or provided with the ooportunity to spin. In theory, it all sounds great, but in reality its the club patrons that decide what DJ's will headline the clubs. Most folks here in Miami won't go to see an unknown DJ, therefore the clubs will continue to book known talen that brings in the steady cash flow.

Great suggestion would be to have a club have one night of the month open to up and coming DJ's and see how that works out. Maybe have three DJ's per night and give them a time slot...but then again, what club would be willing to take a risk like that?

Originally posted by hard155

Plain and simple

The crowd in Miami doesn't give a S**t

Look AT Danny T

It took for him to move away from Miami

For anyone to realize that he is not just a great DJ but also a great Producer

This has been happening down hear for a long time and it will continue for a while.

When promoters and club owners star to give the Locals that have been maintaining

This so called seen afloat for the last 10 to 15 years maybe we all will have a chance.

Than again it's not How you DJ but who you Know!!!

:idea: :idea:

Best comment I have read so far. Soooo true. You hit it right on the nose my friend.

Guest saleen351

if there were 3000 people in club space at any given night and you asked every person what the dj name is that is spining, i'd say 20% would know oscar's name... whereas in nj it is 80%...

Miami dones't care..... and now it's so bad with the niggas and ghettos trash people like howard stern are saying on his show that he won't ever go back there....

it's ova... get use to it....

Clubs are a business they know big names will bring in $$$. If you can achieve a nice balance, as in local and "superstar" Dj’s then you're headed in the right direction.

Space is perfect example of this. Space All-stars (which features local talent) past DJ’s: Stryke, Michael Louis, Craig Demo, Gabby Fain, Cue, Jimmy Toural, Tony Tone, etc. not to mention the development of such talents as Oscar G., Edgar V., Roland, etc.

Also you have promoters such a Bliss, Restricted, Cooljunkie, etc out there fostering local talent.

I think we tend to forget or acknowledge, for the most part. what is happening in our scene, and expanding and supporting that which already exist.

Yes the scene is a little hard to break into, but that’s a mere obstacle. IMO successful people achieve success, because they are driven to succeed .in spite of any obstacles, which may be put before them.

:)

Original Post from SOBETON

--------------------------------------------------------

people like you and the displaced northerners; who seem to think they invented clubbing, and have the best scene in the world. annoy the fuck out of me. you shit on the scene, and expect people to do fucking cartwheels to support you. how about you get off your ass, and go out and make a name for yourself. if you want support from the scene, and want to foster a change. then get off your ass and do something about it; moving forward with a positive attitude. or sit back with the rest of the whiners and bitch about how the miami crowd doesn’t give a shit, the scene is dominated by euro dj’s, the scene is dieing, people don’t know the name of dj, etc.

Although it is true I’m not from Miami. But I’m not a displaced northerner ether.

I consider myself one of the OK Dj's in this town. I've been in Miami since 9th grade and know I’m 31.For you to tell me to get off my ASS I consider a little offensive since you don't even know me. But that just shows me the pure lack of knowledge that most of the MIAMI crowd has about this so-called scene. I’m one person that has always been optimistic about the music down here. If I was not I would not be djing any more. I give respect to those that know what they’re talking about and in turn take their knowledge into consideration and move on.

No sweat if you think I don’t get of my ASS.

But you will always shake your ASS to My MUSIC

:blown::hat:

people like you and the displaced northerners; who seem to think they invented clubbing, and have the best scene in the world. annoy the fuck out of me. you shit on the scene, and expect people to do fucking cartwheels to support you. how about you get off your ass, and go out and make a name for yourself. if you want support from the scene, and want to foster a change. then get off your ass and do something about it; moving forward with a positive attitude. or sit back with the rest of the whiners and bitch about how the miami crowd doesn’t give a shit, the scene is dominated by euro dj’s, the scene is dieing, people don’t know the name of dj, etc.

Although it is true I’m not from Miami. But I’m not a displaced northerner ether.

I consider myself one of the OK Dj's in this town. I've been in Miami since 9th grade and know I’m 31.For you to tell me to get off my ASS I consider a little offensive since you don't even know me. But that just shows me the pure lack of knowledge that most of the MIAMI crowd has about this so-called scene. I’m one person that has always been optimistic about the music down here. If I was not I would not be djing any more. I give respect to those that know what they’re talking about and in turn take their knowledge into consideration and move on.

WHERE DO YOU SPIN???

the fact you are not originally, from miami wasn’t the point. by the way I was born and raised in new york, not that it really matters. if you’re offended by comments, I am equally offended by your rather unjust assault on “the miami crowdâ€. which would indicate to me, your general lack of knowledge concerning the same. if your where so optimistic about the scene, your comments would tend indicate quite the opposite (see your comments below)..

Plain and simple

The crowd in Miami doesn't give a S**t

Look AT Danny T

It took for him to move away from Miami

For anyone to realize that he is not just a great DJ but also a great Producer

This has been happening down hear for a long time and it will continue for a while.

When promoters and club owners star to give the Locals that have been maintaining

This so called seen afloat for the last 10 to 15 years maybe we all will have a chance.

Than again it's not How you DJ but who you Know!!!

:idea: :idea:

the miami scene is among the best in the world. I remain supportive of our scene, which would include the "miami crowd" you loath so much. I am happy that Space, Restricted Management, Cooljunkie, etc ;are helping to bring local talent to the forefront. IMO true knowledge is power.

I indeed look forward to shaking my Ass to your music. ;)

finally take some time and read Oscar G’s comments here . again TRUE knowledge is power. :)

they need to start booking or organizing live electronic shows.

i've seen the greatest DJs in the world preform right here in our city and they all had their heads pointed down; their noggen tilted to the side as to get their headphone closer to their brain for a louder cue sound; and basically trying to match two easily syncable beats. BORING. the bar has been raised.

the most memorable shows in south florida in the last five years are the live electronic acts.

hey people -- don't save up for those shiny new decks, buy a drum machine and a synth.

"you make mixes, i make music."

sobeton

I think you're misunderstanding what I’m saying my concern is not the fact that the "Miami Crowd" does give a S**t about the music but that if they would just give half the respect to Locals as they do the Out of town Talent that plays in Miami, things would be better. Because of the fact that Clubs like space have given others a chance, where as years ago that were not the case in Miami, things are looking better then what it used to be.

I just want people to Realize and take notice of the cesspool of talent we have in Miami and not take it for granted

:) :) :)

Originally posted by saleen351

Miami dones't care..... and now it's so bad with the niggas and ghettos trash people like howard stern are saying on his show that he won't ever go back there....

it's ova... get use to it....

Sure hope most of you Miami people don't think like this (even though I believe this guy is from the NY/NJ area)... hoping to get away from racist trash down here.

...and why do so many "non-nigga" type people on these boards like flowing with it so freely on their posts. These are the same people who never say a word when "a nigga" is present.... probably know what would happen to them! :blown:

HSP

hot clubber spots/pics/employment/dancers at ... www.hotspotpromos.com

sobeton

I think you're misunderstanding what I’m saying my concern is not the fact that the "Miami Crowd" does give a S**t about the music but that if they would just give half the respect to Locals as they do the Out of town Talent that plays in Miami, things would be better. Because of the fact that Clubs like space have given others a chance, where as years ago that were not the case in Miami, things are looking better then what it used to be.

I just want people to Realize and take notice of the cesspool of talent we have in Miami and not take it for granted

:) :) :)

respect is earned, and does not come over night ask Oscar G. ;) if you play the beats, the peepz will listen. it may take time to win them over, however if you have the skills and the persistence. they will take notice. just don't sell the miami crowd or yourself short, that's the point I’m trying to make bro. ;)

Originally posted by hotspotpromos

Sure hope most of you Miami people don't think like this (even though I believe this guy is from the NY/NJ area)... hoping to get away from racist trash down here.

...and why do so many "non-nigga" type people on these boards like flowing with it so freely on their posts. These are the same people who never say a word when "a nigga" is present.... probably know what would happen to them! :blown:

HSP

hot clubber spots/pics/employment/dancers at ... www.hotspotpromos.com

most people here usually disregard his ramblings, but his stuff always makes for interesting reading. a psychiatrist would have, a field day analyzing his stuff. :laugh: