Clubplanet Nightlife Community

education...

dgmodel

in the office, where i work they hired a new girl. ( i should say lady b/c shes about 30 but anyway) anyhoo, we got to talking and turns out she has three degrees... a mba in finance, a mba in a quantatative mathematics, and currently obtaining a third degree in economics... so i asked her how much was her brain worth, and she said she spent well over 200k on her education... insane!!! insane!!! i would not buy anything that i could not resell for $200k... she has more school loans than anyone i know, and will be paying them off for ages... its insane...

Originally posted by dgmodel

i would not buy anything that i could not resell for $200k... she has more school loans than anyone i know, and will be paying them off for ages... its insane...

She isn't really selling her knowledge, but how much is she charging your company to use it?

The top guy in my office has TWO DR's, and 3 Masters. He is a west point grad and a Harvard Grad. Now how much do you think his brain is worth.

Originally posted by smokesum

knowledge is forever..you can never take that away

i agree 110%!!!!!

and, Marko, I pose the same question to you as our resident bitch (( Sassa )). Where did you go to school, what did you study, and to what extent (( what type of degree )).

There is no way in hell you can ever put a price tag on your education or your knowledge. Sure there are different occupations that require different levels of knowledge/experience....but I would say in your field, education is vast if you want to get off the trading floor sometime in this life.

school of hard knocks...

so.....no uni? college?

and marcid: thanks, for calling me a resident bitch. hahaha. fits me too :D:tongue:

p.s. i wanna meet you one day, so you can see how much of a bitch i can really be. ;)

Damn, that's really crazy. 3 masters degrees :eek:

I paid about $50,000 for my total education, which includes a B.A. from Stony Brook University, and Paralegal certification at Hofstra, which is like a masters.

I sure hope she makes it worth all the money she's put into it :worry:

in the office, where i work they hired a new girl. ( i should say lady b/c shes about 30 but anyway) anyhoo, we got to talking and turns out she has three degrees... a mba in finance, a mba in a quantatative mathematics, and currently obtaining a third degree in economics... so i asked her how much was her brain worth, and she said she spent well over 200k on her education... insane!!! insane!!! i would not buy anything that i could not resell for $200k... she has more school loans than anyone i know, and will be paying them off for ages... its insane...

Are you serious? This has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've evert heard. With an educational backround as extensive as you say she has, her salary will surely be in the six-figure range, eventually. She will more than make up for it.

theyre not exactly hiring hand over fist right now, and whoever they do hire is not exactly for top dollar pay... salaries and bonuses have decreased significantly in the past three years... although the economy is on a "rebound" they have not yet gone back to paying out what was once the standard...

Exactly, I graduated from Johns Hopkins 2 years ago, spent around 110k to do so. . . and I'm working as a club promoter. I don't have any debts tho, because the stock market was a good boooooooooom for me. . . I've applied to about, oh, 2300 jobs, during this calendar year. . . not a single godforsaken reply. Good at economics, sales, marketing, computers, decent at webdesign, programming, etc. . . . no fucking clue what i want to do, but a ton of things i can do, want to try out something and see if i like it.

so someone who spent 200k, working as an intern, understandable. . .

exactly, and youre not the only one with that story, supply and demand laws are in favor of co's right now... and they can pretty much do whatever they want... and they know this... competition is getting tougher and the market is shrinking...