Clubplanet Nightlife Community

attraction...

dgmodel

do opposites really attract??? in a relationship sense, i mean... or are you more inclined to favor someone you have much in common with??? and in the same vein, what makes one attract a certain type of person, or in a plural sense certain genre of ppl...

Originally posted by mursa

I think that we are attracted to people that are alot like ourselves but at the same time , have Qualities-traits that we particularly dont have but admire .

So ........it's a 50-50 mix in my opinion .

agree 100% :aright:

Opposites do attract. Relationships are about exploring the things you do have in common and accepting what you don't. This won't apply to everyone but its my .02

I think that people cannot just be attracted to a certain kind of person or a genre of person, thats where preference comes in. There's always a possibility to click with anyone if given the opportunity to get to know them. Its you decision to take it that opportunity.

Originally posted by gmccookny

agree 100% :aright:

:D . You absolutely have to simalarities that attract you to the person but your differences have to compliment each other.

Case in point, my girlfreind tends to be very cold, callous and insensitive person. On the other hand, i am very emotional, expressive & sensitive. If we were both like me, we would never get anything accomplished other than bitch & whine like little girls about "how we feel" :laugh: . So our differences balance each other out.

I think people will often be attracted to that which is different and new. However, in order for that attraction to turn into something deeper, there has to be common ground on which they can meet. Even though two people might *seem* like total opposites, they might not view themselves that way, because of the ways in which they *do* relate to one another.

There are certain traits which demand an opposite- ex: a dominant to a submissive. But for the most part, no, I wouldn't entirely agree with the whole theory of opposites attracting each other.