Clubplanet Nightlife Community

carbs!!!

fineones

carbs can be ur enemy or ur best friend if eating properly....

but finding the right carbs are the key

i used to take carbo force for my PWOM carb

and mad spree's but i think im gonna stop eating the spree's cuz i dont wanna ruin my teeth...that would look great a nice body with jacked up teefffff....

but how do u get ur carbs..whats a clean source ..they stopped making carboforce so now im kinda fucked and i cant find pure white dextrose..that would be ideal

So how do u get ur carbs...simple and complex..when do u eat them how often ...etc..

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by elitesnautica

Fineone - pure dextrose is easy to find.

But why would anyone want dextrose or spree's for their carb intake.

Do you shoot slin post workout to build muscle????

What are you trying to accomplish by adding these sugars in your diet?

nautica

to be honest im not really sure..im know im gonna sound like a dick here...but i got a diet froma friend whos a nutritionist and this was part of it...and i liked eating the sprees/sweettarts so much i never complained or even questioned it :confused: i assumed it was for muscle gain cuz i dont have them on off days

:confused: :confused:

Fineone - I thought you were a female, Sorry. which would have no use for those type of carbs.

I guess it would be okay for muscle gain. But even that, if you are not shooting insulin, then the high glycemic carbs will not do you much good.

Nautica

I've also seen diets written up by nutritionists that recommended taking in abotu 100g worth of carbs immediately post workout in the form of dextrose - not sure why tho...any ideas?

Yeah, I can tell you why.

You take 10 iu's of slin, you need at least 100 grams of simple carbs in order to keep from going hypoglycemic. You take this along with protein and the slin will drive the protein and carbs into the muscles and your muscle will explode.

This is a trick that has blown up the pros. This the the sole reason the pros look so much different today than the pros of the 70's.

You can also take the "sugars" without slin, but the muscles will not absorb them and it will most likely be absorbed in the adipose tissue.

The reason they recommend it post workout, is b/c your glycogen levels have been depleted from the workout and this is to restore your glycogen levels without making you fat. The problem is that the theory is sometimes better than reality.

Nautica

so what should ones post workout meal consist of for optimum results without taking in un-necessary stuff. Rite not i'm just having an isopure shake so that gives me 50g of protien and 200cals, but only 5carbs or so - should i be taking in carbs here too - mind you that i get outta the gym at about 11pm, so my logic was that i didnt really wanna take in too many carbs that late in the day

Originally posted by daillestmattyg

i'm 142 pounds 5'10 i'm skinny i have some muscle should i take more carbs? i take about 220grams of protein a day thanks

matt

142 x 18-20 = 2556-2840 calories a day. Aim for that, and if you haven't gained weight after a week, add 200 calories a day until you do.

220g of protein is more than enough.

Originally posted by berniec

combo of both...

i'm trying to lean out rite now a lil, but i'm also trying to maintain/make small gains at the same time (with the help of some things ;))

If you want a small amount of high glycemic carbs post workout with your protein it is okay.

But if I were trying to lean out - I would completely avoid them and my carbs would consist of brown rice, sweet potato, and oat meal.

Nautica

Fineone - I thought you were a female, Sorry. which would have no use for those type of carbs.

I guess it would be okay for muscle gain. But even that, if you are not shooting insulin, then the high glycemic carbs will not do you much good.

Nautica

a female awesome ~ makes me feel so much more confident on a health N fitness site :laugh: j/p

so i spoke to my friend who is the one who gave me the meal plan and ur right with the reason i take in those carbs PW and he said the same thing about the pro's lookin differently today as apposed to 20 yrs ago...

and as far as carbo force goes ...i spoke to three stores and they all said they are no longer making it anymore..but i havent looked online..which like the dextrose ...was right there :doh:

If you want a small amount of high glycemic carbs post workout with your protein it is okay.

But if I were trying to lean out - I would completely avoid them and my carbs would consist of brown rice, sweet potato, and oat meal.

Nautica

So your saying stick to what i've been doing, and not take in any carbs post workout (mostly b/c i work out so late) OR you saying that i should try and stuff some brown rice or something down after it? also, what do you consider a small amount?

thanks bro

Originally posted by fineones

and as far as carbo force goes ...i spoke to three stores and they all said they are no longer making it anymore..but i havent looked online..which like the dextrose ...was right there :doh:

your better off getting 99% of all sups online anyway, its a hell of a lot cheaper if you shop around then the prices you can find in the stores locally.

Originally posted by rackham

142 x 18-20 = 2556-2840 calories a day. Aim for that, and if you haven't gained weight after a week, add 200 calories a day until you do.

220g of protein is more than enough.

what is so foods high in calories that are also healthy? also what is "dextrose" that everyone is talking about?