Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Louie Devito, John Digweed, Paul Van Dyk

inyang

You should come down to Avaland this month! Fridays are the biggest night at Boston's biggest club, with multiple rooms: house, techno, hip hop, latin, and r&b. This month at Avalon:

Thursday : MTV's DJ Clue spins HIP HOP

Friday : America's No 1 DJ Louie Devito

Saturday : UK Megastar, John Digweed

Aug 29 : UK DJ Scott Bond

Aug 30 : Int'l Superstar Paul Van Dyk!

Let me know, I'll put you and your friends on the guest list!!

Inyang

www.afterdarkpromotion.com

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Megastar is bigger than a superstar, but not necessarily international!!

So is anyone coming down.

Also Avaland is just the name for Avalon when it opens the doors to all it's other clubs Axis, ID, Embassy, and Modern.

So is Digweed an international megastar, or just a UK megastar??

Does he just play records in the UK and this is some sort of rare thing??

What does he play, is he any good??

Out of those listed who do u think is the best disk jockey??

How long has Avalon been doing that, sounds real cool!!

Avalon has been doing this for about 14 months, opening up all the clubs together. The cool thing is, each club has a different DJ and different music:

Avalon - Techno

Axis - Hip Hop

ID - Top 40

Embassy - R&B/Hip Hop

Modern - Latin

As for the DJs, the No. 1 DJ (sales/popularity/crowd pull) is Paul Van Dyk. John Digweed is either 5 or 6 right now. The bigger the DJ the bigger the crowd, the more famous people come, the interesting/fun the night. On the flip side, sometimes a little tight in there, and bigger lines.

You might want to check out this week to determine whether you'd be interested in seeing PVD.

We take a few pics of the club and post them on our site, www.afterdarkpromotion.com

I thought Devito was the #1 DJ in the world???? He must be better than that Paul guy...I've never even heard of him.

Avaland sounds really cool, but I think I'm too scared to go!! I don't think I could ever handle a club like that!!

XOXO

Originally posted by sparkem

I thought Devito was the #1 DJ in the world???? He must be better than that Paul guy...I've never even heard of him.

Avaland sounds really cool, but I think I'm too scared to go!! I don't think I could ever handle a club like that!!

XOXO

Louie Devito is America's #1 DJ, but who knows who is #1 in the world. Who cares too? Anything outside the USA sucks anyway LOL!!!

God Bless The USA

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Louie Devito is America's #1 DJ, but who knows who is #1 in the world. Who cares too? Anything outside the USA sucks anyway LOL!!!

God Bless The USA

True, true very true.

One of my good friends knows a lot about techno and he told me that some people really like DJ's from Europe?? I don't believe him though lol He DJ's a little bit and sometimes when he's playing he'll throw in some songs by an English DJ that he downloaded off the internet, but those songs don't have any words, so I really don't pay much attention to them.

I wonder if being a promoter for Avaland gives you perks...like maybe you get in for free????

XOXO

AVALON is neato, voted Best Night Club in America earlier this year, it's so successful that they're opening one up in New York and LA! PVD spins similar to Louie D, just with a little bit more energy, plus he has more of his own original stuff. Both pretty darn good though.

As for getting you in. The doors for PVD open at 9, because he's going to spin a full 4 hour set!! (Usually 2). If you come early and might be able to help you though, especially if you bring the girl on the right hand side ;)