Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why i have a hard time trusting women

tastey

it's not so much that they are malicious (though they can be) but really it's just that they follow their emotions. in fact, a chick will probably be incapable of understanding that she is untrustworthy, because in her mind she was "following her heart"..."listening to her woman's intuition"...how can it be wrong when it feels so right?

chicks really are enslaved to their emotions. so many societal structures from times past were meant to protect women from their own emotions...until women's lib came along and FREED THE MEN }:-)

i pounced on this post because I've discovered I cannot discuss this sort of thing with many of my friends...they simply do NOT get it...they think I am bitter, or I hate women, or "he's been burned" etc. the truth is, i think women are great. but i recognize them for what they are...

deida put a chapter in his book "your woman is not a liar" where he tried to explain that, even though it seems like women are constantly bullshitting and lying, it's really because they are vocalizing their emotions. when you listen to a woman, you can't take her words literally, you have to listen like you are listening to the ocean or the wind. a good friend once pointed out that guys say "word is bond"...but when was the last time you heard a woman say that? they just don't think in those terms.

women!! ---> i never knew too much about those.

they are emotinally oriented whearas males are goal oreinted. yes men, we will never understand how a woman thinks.. unless of course we neuter ourselves and inject estrogen into our bodies.

it takes alot of patience to deal with some woman.

they are what their parents and environment form them to be.

i don't believe in this "men have goals, but women have emotions" black and white bullshit.

being emotionally mature, *regardless* of your gender, means you have the ability to recognize your emotions and, by recognizing them, decide to act or NOT act on them.

no one is perfect, of course, and it's certainly not easy to live a balanced life, but we all have it in us... if only we try hard enough.

no offense eckobarbie, but you have NO excuse not to think unless you happen to be plain ol' *stupid.* if you feel taken advantage of, it's because you aren't doing everything you can to protect yourself.

Your points can be refuted by reading up on margaret meades studies which clearly show that the "roles" you defined are cultural not genetic.

In lay, many of the "feminine" characteristics that woman have & the so called "mascualine" char. that men have are dictated by a self concept that thier perspective society puts.

Heck, its so built into our system of beliefs, that many woman accept this as "normal" & dont know any better. Ignorance.

" there are none so blind as those who refuse to see"

Honestly, i dont know what im talking about :confused:

:laugh::laugh:

i think it is how we as men are raised by our fathers. its the whole "be a man" concept that are fathers instilled in us as kids, dont cry, stop whining, grow up, blah blah. you want emotion from a man, tell him his favorite baseball or football team sucks ass.

my best friends husband is the opposite of myself, when they fight, he gets to the point of almost being in tears. she loves him, but cant stand that emotional side of him, even she wants him to "be a man" at that point. there is a fine line for men when showing emotions, are you branded that your just being open, or branded an emotional wimp? :confused:

i don't see why acting sad when something is sad, acting angry when something angers you, or acting happy when something makes you happy somehow makes someone "less of a man."

except, of course, that imbedded in culture are gender roles that dictate as such... but for no good reason.

Let me tell you something guys.

If you have a pile of shit, garnish it with lavish vegetables,serve it up on a nice platinum plate, serve it up with the finest of wines... etc ..

Guess what, its still a pile of shit, its just been dressed up & packaged nicely to fool some of you.

you can fool some of the people some of the time........ so the saying goes.......

:laugh:

Originally posted by wideskies

i don't see why acting sad when something is sad, acting angry when something angers you, or acting happy when something makes you happy somehow makes someone "less of a man."

except, of course, that imbedded in culture are gender roles that dictate as such... but for no good reason.

If you re read what i wrote, i agreed with you.

:hat:

Originally posted by wideskies

your completely right, men are expected to act a certain way emotionally in society, for no good reason except to be strong. i have no problem expressing my happiness, anger, frustration, etc., but when it comes to expressing sadness, publicly at least, its not easy to do. i broke down on sept. 11th in the streets of nyc, but would i break down if my girlfriend broke up with me, yes, but not in front of her.

Originally posted by tastyt

Women who have control over their emotions are called cold, a bitch.

Men who express theirs are looked at as a pussy.

Are you trying to say that these cultural beliefs have absolutely no effect on our behavior?

No tastyT, what im saying is that these are cultural boundaries. In some societies woman may exhibit more "masculine" qualitites & vice versa.

I agree with you.

BTW, were you even talking to me? :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

this is a very good post to read....it has valid points....but hey guys lets not let it go to far....we r retarded....just as retarded as woman....maybe even more so

Werd ! .........I also think that Men & Women "complete" eachother , as one has something that the other gender doesn't .......nature works in mysterious ways .