Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What NYC NEEDS........!

What we all really need is a nice Weekly or atleast Bi-Weekly Underground Trance Party....There aren't many good ones these days around here atleast....any feedback??????

I just want to see what the majority of people on here are really feening for...thats what i've been wanting for some time now...

Originally posted by djdannyrockz

what I mean....is we need something banging that a couple thousand people can enjoy weekly or atleast bi-weekly....and it's got to be all trance....I'm sure i can find parties here and there but nothing consistent....

just wait, with all these big rooms opening in the fall, you may get just what you asked for ;)

all the big rooms are probably going to fail miserably.

big clubs aint like they used to be in NY, and as much as everyone can deny it, its cause drugs arent what they used to be.

with the crackdoen by Giuliani and Blomberg, and with our DEA doing such a god jobs keeping drugs out of the country, clubbing aint what it used to be. Drugs used to make the scene, and without good ones, dont expect to see a dope big club scene.

not advocating either way, just stating how it is.

Originally posted by breakbeatz2

all the big rooms are probably going to fail miserably.

big clubs aint like they used to be in NY, and as much as everyone can deny it, its cause drugs arent what they used to be.

with the crackdoen by Giuliani and Blomberg, and with our DEA doing such a god jobs keeping drugs out of the country, clubbing aint what it used to be. Drugs used to make the scene, and without good ones, dont expect to see a dope big club scene.

not advocating either way, just stating how it is.

i agree and i disagree

th big rooms will fail your right, in 97,98 clubbing hit the mainstream so to speak, and once that group went thru "the fad" everythign had to downsize,

drugs making the scene yuor couldnt be more wrong, they did contribute i think but did not make it, on the occasion i want a disco biscut i get real good ones, comparible to the ones from 97,98,99

the asshole mayors of NYC did play a huge role is discouraging people from going out but again i do not feel drugs made the scene,

the music, and NY'ers made the scene

Originally posted by dancerbar

i agree and i disagree

th big rooms will fail your right, in 97,98 clubbing hit the mainstream so to speak, and once that group went thru "the fad" everythign had to downsize,

drugs making the scene yuor couldnt be more wrong, they did contribute i think but did not make it, on the occasion i want a disco biscut i get real good ones, comparible to the ones from 97,98,99

the asshole mayors of NYC did play a huge role is discouraging people from going out but again i do not feel drugs made the scene,

the music, and NY'ers made the scene

it was drugs and as drugs went downhill so did the scene

sadly this is true

drugs aint what they used to be, aint as easily accessible, aint as good for the most part

limelight, twilo, tunnel, etc etc etc would not be the same without the goodies found within them

WE LIVE IN A HUGE CITY

at one time there were 8 big rooms filled every night, and i think NY can handle it, alot of people dont go out cause theres no where to really go, the new rooms are going to improve the crowds, the music, and make the other venues in NY that are lacking, > Pick up there slack big time!

AVALON> from what i here is gonna have amazing talent, much like avalon in boston does, and u mean to tell me LIMELIGHT is gonna fail? with headliner Dj's n shit......NO! LOL where u there for any of caldrones night's? when it was estate? the line went DOWN 20th and around 6th ave.......lol

or how about when danny was there....... u see that line, the place was packed.... it only failed because there were problems with managment, not cuase they couldnt draw a crowd, they couldnt draw a crowd being all swanky, but the lines went around the block when there was good music there, lol

Spirit, is also gonna be huge, saturday nights will probally be focused on a trance night, AND i dont know about u, But that room has never failed, its just a great room, and there gonna do it right, booking good talent and making YOU, the dancer center of a theatrical Production, SOUNDS SICK, lol

and crobar> victer's deff doing something there, as is the original crew who did body n soul, who are gonna be doing some kinda soulfull house night, > THat came straight from jd's mouth to, as i was told weeks ago,

SO SHUT THE FUCK UP,

you whinny fucken Un-NYer's kill me,

go to REHAB, ITS ABOUT DANCING, Danger n MUSIC, not popping 5 pills, there are plenty of venues in NY that cater to the pill crowd, LOL

ugh>

oly>

and not to be a bitch

i have been around for ages, and the main lure to go to a club in NY was the DANGER of it all, the excitment and the experience

Drugs were deff around, and prob will be around 40ever, but NOT EVERYONE went out to get fucked up, esp back then, when not everyone could get into every fucken club in NY, There were door people n lists that stopped the rift Raff.... DRUGS might of been a lure to limelight in the late 90's but i dont really remember many pill runners in there untill 92-93, beofre that , nY was Very un-drugy, u were a scumbag if u did drugs preatty much, and if u did it, you didint broadcast it, people were just excited to go out and dance and have fun, it started out with good intentions, and people fucked it up, look at every club with a large drug problem, THERE ALL CLOSED, lol

keep the drugs outta NY clubs, or atleast be discreat about it

people are ready to dance, people need a release, look at al lthe shit we have been threw in the past 4 years in NY, its time to smile and dance again, not blow lines n fumble around dark spaces, that was a NY of the past, dosent mean NY cant be great again.

olympia>

dont get me wrong. i'm no crackhead, and hopoefully still have most of my brain cells intact

and about being a nyer, i'm a NYer is anyone is. i've been around as well, and seen a lot of changes over the years.

of course it was the danger that lured people to clubs, but where did that danger come from? it was the undrgroundness of the scene, and a very big part was the drugs. those days i was actually mostly sober, but you could see how much drugs had to do with everything.

of course a lot of factors have weighed in, with a shitty economy being right up there. but the whole crackdown on clubworld has made clubs get aught up in the center between being mainstream establishments and underground places.

now i'm not one of them nostalgic people who cries for twilo everyday, and i'm still very much into nyc nightlife. i'm just saying people who expect the new clubs on west 27th to rekindle the spirit of a few years ago will probably be dissapointed.

hey, i hope i'm wrong. i'd love to aprty like its 1999. haha.

Originally posted by djdannyrockz

what I mean....is we need something banging that a couple thousand people can enjoy weekly or atleast bi-weekly....and it's got to be all trance....I'm sure i can find parties here and there but nothing consistent....

perfect target

drugs shouldn't be depended on...Exit heads now a days need them because the vibe sucks and the music is ehh Factory forever will be drug paradise because of its rep. to be fkked up in there of course its fun to be fked up but drugs will ruin not only yourself but the club so stick to the drinks:) all you gotta worry about is a hangover

matt