Clubplanet Nightlife Community

short pleated skirts...hmmm

whats the best way to wear short pleated skirts...? i loved the way lucy liu wore hers in charlies angels full throttle (the opening scene)... so i guess i have to get up the nerve to wear one again.... does anyone have any advice on how to wear one without looking like venus and/or serena??? and also, are they worthy enough to wear to a club?

I think some of the styles can be cute - however, all the funky patterns/colors make them look tacky....Best bet would be a solid black or white skirt....And I'd just wear a simple little tank top or tube top...

BUT, I don't think I'd ever wear one out, lately, I have seen WAY too many girls in them.....too trendy for me

Originally posted by citygirl1980

whats the best way to wear short pleated skirts...? i loved the way lucy liu wore hers in charlies angels full throttle (the opening scene)... so i guess i have to get up the nerve to wear one again.... does anyone have any advice on how to wear one without looking like venus and/or serena??? and also, are they worthy enough to wear to a club?

They sure do look xtremely HOT. In strip joints, the dancers wear those and they look heavenly (so i was told) . The reason alot of gals shy away from 'em is coz of the slutty stigma attached to it...

Hands down a boner aphrodisiac :D

they are cute, well i dont like pleats but i saw some really short cute skirts at the mall today... i wouldnt wear them because i dont think it is appropriate to walk around dressed in that, that is like wearing shorts with your ass hanging out because it is in style. i dunno, i think i could do it if i wanted to, i am just not that trendy. also, i dont want people looking at me.

I bought two the other day.. One is linen with two rows

of pleads and another one with long pleads that go

straight down... I plan on wearing both with light tank

tops.. now when it comes to shoes.. I can play with either

high heels or cute fashionable flip flops.. I love the look.

Its a great wait to look nice and be comfortable.

I was at some trendy hotspots in LA, and I saw them paired with a tank top under an off the shoulder sweatwhirt w/ it's collar cut out, so it draped off the shoulder, and some shapley (colorful, to draw attention to the legs) pumps. I thought it was very cute, as well as other friends, but one person did not--but they were from minnesota, so what do they know?

and no doubt you can make it look preppy as well, w/ some boots and a matching form fitting oxford

good luck, I'm sure it will look fabulous no matter what ;)

Originally posted by diabolique007

I was at some trendy hotspots in LA, and I saw them paired with a tank top under an off the shoulder sweatwhirt w/ it's collar cut out, so it draped off the shoulder, and some shapley (colorful, to draw attention to the legs) pumps.

yeah that sounds really hot... i love california girls style.

Originally posted by citygirl1980

half way down with your thong hanging out