Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lets do this: Is the music in miami too predictable?

Guest saleen351

Is the music in miami too predictable?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Is the music in miami too predictable?

• Yes
    • No
    • not sure....

Originally posted by biznation00

Not really, but it can be.. depending on your Dj...

For that matter the NY/NJ scene seems to me more predictable. But that's just my opinion...

NY shouldn't be in the same line w/ NJ, but that's just my opinion.

Guest saleen351

the same tracks you hear in NYC you hear in NJ for the most part... But NYC is never predicable in anything, except you know the food will be great...

Originally posted by cheekeetika

I think the music in Miami is pretty predictable week in and week out. Hopefully that will change soon....:D

Well, of course it's predictable............ :rolleyes:

If all u listen to is the same dj's over and over and over again.... if u go see oscarg 'week in - week out', u know its predictable.. even beloved EV has a considerable degree of predictability...

It is predictable in the sense that if u listen to 93.1, u KNOW u'll only hear the same 5 songs they've had since they opened...

SO the secret is, keep it fresh.. check out new venues, check out all kinds of new Dj's, local and imports, and I guarantee u will not be daunted by predictability...

One thing that is totally predictable here in Miami is definitely NOT the Music, but the People! :blank:

peace!

mp3.- :smoke:

Originally posted by mp3some

Well, of course it's predictable............ :rolleyes:

If all u listen to is the same dj's over and over and over again.... if u go see oscarg 'week in - week out', u know its predictable.. even beloved EV has a considerable degree of predictability...

It is predictable in the sense that if u listen to 93.1, u KNOW u'll only hear the same 5 songs they've had since they opened...

SO the secret is, keep it fresh.. check out new venues, check out all kinds of new Dj's, local and imports, and I guarantee u will not be daunted by predictability...

One thing that is totally predictable here in Miami is definitely NOT the Music, but the People! :blank:

peace!

mp3.- :smoke:

I don't go listen to Oscar week in and week out, actually he wants me and EV to go to his Patio sessions and we haven't. As for the music here in Miami, Edgar and I support ALL of the DJ's that come through our city. We've been to clubs when there's been no one there to support these guys. I've seen it first hand, Miami peeps only go to whats familiar.

Everyone on this board to some point or another is guilty of not supporting new talent and its been discussed time and time again. And I'm not referring to those who work at the actual clubs where these Dj's play cuz they have to be there, I'm referring to everyone else who is so tired of the same thing week in and out. Who complain about wanting to hear new stuff, but yet no one goes out to support.

And as for EV being predictable, yes at times he can be, but he is very flexible with his style. I've heard him play breaks, house, progressive house, techno and of course his signature trance. And i'm sure many of you don't know that Edgar is part of Southside, a group composed of Edgar, Charlie and Sammy O (from Moda) - they do house tracks for Twisted Records. Hows that for predictability.:tongue:

Originally posted by cheekeetika

I've seen it first hand, Miami peeps only go to whats familiar.

Everyone on this board to some point or another is guilty of not supporting new talent and its been discussed time and time again. And I'm not referring to those who work at the actual clubs where these Dj's play cuz they have to be there, I'm referring to everyone else who is so tired of the same thing week in and out. Who complain about wanting to hear new stuff, but yet no one goes out to support.

My point exactly! :D

I wasn't referring to u specifically when i mentioned OscarG every week, but u def know what I mean. ;)

I do my fair share of support... I've only been in miami seasonally (3-4 mos /yr) for the past 5 yrs, but now I actually live here. I am not involved with working in the nightlife industry, therefore I can't afford to be out every time i want to, but Whenever i have the time and the money, u can bet ur butt, I will be there to support the scene in what is now my hometown.

It is a very relative term in the sense that the music is predictable if you make a particular selection as to what genre u specifically support: eg.: tranceheads will go support their trance dj's and will know/ (will be able to predict ) what to expect from them -specially the local ones-.

But as far as the Music being predictable i still beg to differ. Miami is still one of the very few places where it is not oficially labeled worldwide as to what type of music is signature in the city.. (Ex: Detroit Techno, Chicago House). Some DJ's might disagree saying fluffy GA trance represents miami, but I believe many of the BIG name dj's use miami (and NYC, mostly) to showcase what they have, experiment with the crowds, and show some stuff they wouldnt show anywhere else (specially on WMC time).

I think that compared to other cities in the US, if we are in any way privleged, it is definitley Musically.... of course we're up to par w the other 2 hotspots (NY, LA), but overall is what i mean..

but thats Enuff ranting for now.. u def catch my drift...:tongue:

Peace!

Mp3.- :smoke:

Originally posted by mp3some

My point exactly! :D

But as far as the Music being predictable i still beg to differ. Miami is still one of the very few places where it is not oficially labeled worldwide as to what type of music is signature in the city.. (Ex: Detroit Techno, Chicago House). Some DJ's might disagree saying fluffy GA trance represents miami, but I believe many of the BIG name dj's use miami (and NYC, mostly) to showcase what they have, experiment with the crowds, and show some stuff they wouldnt show anywhere else (specially on WMC time).

I think that compared to other cities in the US, if we are in any way privleged, it is definitley Musically.... of course we're up to par w the other 2 hotspots (NY, LA), but overall is what i mean..

but thats Enuff ranting for now.. u def catch my drift...:tongue:

Peace!

Mp3.- :smoke:

In response to this...the only place I could say that has an eclectic variety would be Ibiza...party central!:D