Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DURAN DURAN at Webster Hall Tonight

I was on my way from work tonight when I passed Webster Hall. I could not believe all the TV camera's that were out front of Webster Hall.

I stuck around and it was like the Acadamy Awards. There was a red Carpet with every news and entertainment show you could imagine. I saw Drew Barrymoore, Justin Timberlake, Cameron Diaz, The band the STrokes, Frederic the Model, Rob Zombie, and a ton of other people but I did not know who they were. This was I guess a the Kickoff Party for the VMA's.

After all these years Webster Hall is still a crowd favorite

Just got back from WH. What a great concert! Duran Duran was really good... Also saw: Moby, Ed Burns, Michael Musto, tons of models, and the whole band came out to the balcony afterwards. Photos will be up soon...

I saw on the news this morning that Duran Duran told the Crowd that there was no better venue in America than the stage they were on at Webster Hall.

I guess it also use to be called the Ritz and the Owners turned it into Webster HAll the Dance club which was it's original name in 1886 when it was built.

The news also said that it was owned in the 20's by Al Capone.

Then by Frank Sinatra in the 50's.

COOL HISTORY