Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How Did Cp Become So Promoter Driven...................

Originally posted by stigeleiro

First of all I have to say there are alot of valid points on this thread but there is one that is really missing. That is every nightclub owner needs more then one night at their venue to succeed. It is tough enough to get one night running strong but to do multiple nights they need distinction. They get this by the various promoters they hire. Some promoters target certain markets while others dont. I have been in this business for 10 years now and I must agree with Caruch that things have definitely changed over the past couple years. More places opening and with all this competition out there they are counting on promoters to get the word out these owners wouldnt know any other way. Me personally I dont consider myself a promoter as much as I do a consultant. I offer more to a club I feel with staffing and overall knowledge of the business. Mind you right now I work for two great owners that have been around the scene more then 15 years in the guys from the Abyss/DEKO and Joey Jr. and they still look at me for answers on current trends and what is out there that the public wants to see or hear. Plus I dont like looking at the people that come to these clubs as my customers. I work at places that I know I have power at so I can take care of the people I consider my friends. I do make it a point to let people know where I am working because most people enjoy the parties I work at. If it takes me going on a message board to make sure it gets done then I will do it. I have a very extensive email list and most of these people have been on my list for a while and so I blast them an email because they care to know. I bring my own staff to any venue I work at and I like to do the things that I do everywhere I work. As people may notice most of my parties have alot of the same staff. I like it that way and I wont go into a venue without that power. There are only a few consultants / promoters that can do something like that (Joey Enuff, Tommy D, etc) and that is why they are respected much more and paid lots of money to do it. It is not an easy job and I hope people dont think its just throwing flyers around. Making sure ur party is fresh and bringing top of the line talent that keeps everyone interested is not easy and u must have the proper contacts and knowledge of the business to do it. So what I am trying to say is that every nightclub is in need of me or a person that distributes flyers but what some of what these owners lack in knowledge of the business they pick up from their hired help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!!

I WAS JUST WAAAAAY TO BEAT UP FROM THE WEEKEND TO WASTE TIME ON THIS MOMO.

VERY WELL PUT SERGE(although i would have liked elite ent. mentioned w/ the list of quality promoters LOL)

Originally posted by dtrave

I'll do you one better - Why did anything ever become promotor driven? Why the fuck do club owners really think they need these fools? Why are they willing to give up the door & a % of the bar for them to throw flyers everywhere & pimp out thier place?

amen to that!!

And also - Why are club owners even in this business of they can't promote themselves?

I agree that with certain things or theme nights you should get a certain amount of help to pull these nights off - but if you can't establish your venue to where you have a regular crowd, well

WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR YOURSELF OR THE PROMOTER?

Originally posted by dtrave

And also - Why are club owners even in this business of they can't promote themselves?

I agree that with certain things or theme nights you should get a certain amount of help to pull these nights off - but if you can't establish your venue to where you have a regular crowd, well

WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR YOURSELF OR THE PROMOTER?

You know the song right

CASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME -- CREAM

that song I think was made about nightclub owners. Its great money if it scores

Originally posted by secretpromos

OK so you're trying to tell me that if you go and open up a club tomorrow... and you have zero promoters, it'll be successful? Yea you might pull some heads, but the club will be empty! U NEED PROMOTERS to have a successful night... even if the DJ is promoting it, he's still a "promoter."

a smart club owner gets a dj that is going to bring heads a dj should pay for his self

sound garden the owner handles the promotions and it is pretty dam good on saturday nights

what did u start going out a year ago and your banging a promoter so now your apromoer

Originally posted by trewguy

a smart club owner gets a dj that is going to bring heads a dj should pay for his self

sound garden the owner handles the promotions and it is pretty dam good on saturday nights

what did u start going out a year ago and your banging a promoter so now your apromoer

It's not the DJ's job to get people there, the promoter provides a DJ that brings good music and keeps the people that come (because of the promoter) coming. Thats why alot of people fail at these places... they rely on others to "make" their parties.

Watch the difference at Taste from last year to this year Dave.

I don't expect to bring 1000 people there... but I plan to have 250-300 of the SAME people coming back every week.