Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Kosei RT Penta - opinions?

joeg

from what i can find theres 2 cool things about these wheels:

1) they're discontinued, and thus won't be on every car i see...

2) they're DEEEEEEEEEP dish and weigh only ~16lbs (from what i could find)

these are stunning...

KoseiRTPenta.jpg

newpaint017.jpg

RTPENTA.jpg

unrpsidyno.JPG

my only question is how strong are they? they're not forged... (hense, why i can afford such a gorgeous, light rim)

i'm going to be shooting for 17x7.5

Kosei rims tend to be of decent quality. They're cast, so they're probably about as strong as any other cast rim like a Konig or a Rota.

There are so many other styles you can get though, Joe. Lots of replicas of that style too. Don't buy discontinued rims if you can afford not to - if you should bend one or fuck it up, replacing it is going to be an adventure.

check www.wheelmax.com since they have a shitload of replica style stuff.

it's a nice lip, but there are much better out there.

for the price, i'd take a peek at the 5zigen lineup and see what they have to offer. Kosei is decent and relatively inexpensive, but for the money, 5zigen stuff isn't that much more.

The Typhoon is something you should take a peek at, but eevn the 5ZR Copse is worth a look.

Originally posted by cintron

it's a nice lip, but there are much better out there.

for the price, i'd take a peek at the 5zigen lineup and see what they have to offer. Kosei is decent and relatively inexpensive, but for the money, 5zigen stuff isn't that much more.

The Typhoon is something you should take a peek at, but eevn the 5ZR Copse is worth a look.

the problem is most of the rims with lips like that are 3piece and A) heavy & B) expensive...

i couldn't really find anything remotely close that wasn't TOO expensive... and around 16lbs or lighter

multipiece rims can be very expensive, but if they're done right they should be lighter than single piece rims.

if youre looking for a deep lip and under 16lbs, you're going to have a serious problem getting it without dropping serious cash.

Some people like to drop three or four hundred dollars per rim - I like to drop three or four hundred dollars per SET ;) [figuring i race on them and they see abuse].

check places like www.wheelmax.com and www.victoriatire.com or www.whalentire.com

and if you are wiling to save and buy a TRUE set of multipiece rims, http://www.kodiakmotorsports.com is the place to shop ;)

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

One day, I too would like to have nothing better to do than arrange and photograph my tires :tongue:

well, in the interim, you can go ahead and photograph some of your current assets and post them here ;)

:)

oh, and i just saw these borbet type r's which are very similiar... (but again, heavier)

gtiborbet2.jpg

• 2 years later...