Clubplanet Nightlife Community

***CP BBQ "OFFICIAL" REVIEW ***

erickamikaze

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First and foremost, a big THANKS to Lyrik for hosting the party and having me warm things up on the decks to get the party started! And thanks to the tilllate crew for the nice collection of pix online.

Both my wife and I had a great time hanging with everyone while enjoying good food and GREAT music. Props to ALL the other DJs. Lyrik, Rico, Eric, OBBY, mp3some, mirza, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting, was great meeting you guys and putting a face to your name! Mirza, we're diggin the CD, some nice tribal beats.

Not much more to say, everyone has said it all already! Rock on CP'ers!

Peace and Respect,

DJXL

Koky, that track was no other than Momu - Sunsicle / Donner Pass which was released on Bedrock Breaks a while back. I have been hyping up Momu for a while so it was nice to hear him catch your attention.

Your CD is waiting for you to scoop it up.

OBBY

Well It is Monday now, and I'm Glad its a holiday... This weekend was soo much fun I'd be in trouble if i couldnt relax all day today... now that I'm finally able to get online, here's my thoughts on the event. :)

I had such a great time this Satrurday! Thank you so much Lyrik for hosting this lil get together. U have a very nice place, and some very Tolerant neighbors! lol What a wonderful opportunity to meet some very cool people.. We all sortof know each other thru the msgboards, but putting faces to names and sharing food and drinks is definitely the way to go!! Luckily, the weather was great, the food kept going non-stop for who knows how many hours... Thanks rico for keeping it flowin' on the grill! Drinks were also in abundance as well, in all varieties and for all tastes!

I got there around 4pm maybe; I missed XL's set, but heard everybody else's. Good job by all the cp jocks, u guys set the right mood for the event. Most of the guys gave us a good tour through several different types of house. Some a bit loungier than others, some a bit darker than the rest, but overall just right. I particularly enjoyed listening to Cianci & Avila's set (finally got to hear a lil bit of u guys in action) you both seemed to be enjoying urselves; good mixing and excellent track selection. Music u could chill and nod, or get up and dance to... Also when Lyric took on the decks along Rico and Reiss, the night was setting the tone and u guys shifted on to a very balearic sound. I absolutely loved it! Chill Ibiza-like house w some female vocals served for an excellent intro to the long saturday night that was coming up ahead. MichealMartin and Vacom came in w some cdj's, and served us up a nice set with a touch of breaks.. Really topped off a whole afternoon of great music. :cool:

It was great meeting all you guys, pretty much everyone in attendance! Like Olrando said, the internet is great, and online communities are awesome! Not often can you hang out with so many interesting people who share the same love for the music and the scene. I really look fwd to doing this all over again; maybe at some Park!? All those who didn't come really missed out!! :tongue: See you all Next Time!! :D

Peace!!

Miguel.- :smoke:

well, what can i say that already hasn't

had a great time from the word go. Lyrik, you did a great job & you're house is cool!

if it wasnt for the Jello shots i probably would have remembered most of your names.

everyone at the BBQ was extremely friendly, which is always good when you're a completely new face.

and i dont think i heard one bit of trance all night!! good job on the decks to all & thanks for letting me spin some of the funkier stuff.

peace

Chris Reiss :rock:

FIRST AND FOREMOST I WANT TO THANK LYRIK FOR SPINNING AND THROWING THE PARTY AND RICO FOR GRILLING AND SPINNING! ERIC YOU ARE THE MAN THANKS FOR ALL THE COOL PICS! I DIFFIDENTLY ENJOYED THE DIFFERENT SOUND OF HOUSE MUSIC WE LISTED TO ALL DAY. I ENJOYED MEETING ALL YOU PEOPLE FOR THE FIRST TIME HOPEFULLY NOT THE LAST. Cianci & Avila GREAT SET, DJXL I DIDN’T GET TO HERE YOU ENOUGH LIVE BUT I ENJOYED YOUR CD. I ENJOYED THE CHICAGO HOUSE THAT LYRIK AND RICO THROUGH DOWN, CHRIS REISS GOT THE CROWD JUMPING, Michael Martin & Vacom STARTED TO GET MY HEAD MOVING BUT IT STARTED TO RAIN ON THEM. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR MORE OF ALL YOU GUYS. I DIDN’T GET A CHANCE TO HEAR JIMMY SPIN BUT I WILL MAKE IT A POINT TO HEAR HIM SOON. IF ANYONE WANTS TO HEAR MORE OF MY MUSIC JUST E-MAIL ME AT djmirza@usa.com AND I WILL SEND YOU A CD.

PEACE MIRZA

:dj:

Originally posted by djreiss

well, what can i say that already hasn't

had a great time from the word go. Lyrik, you did a great job & you're house is cool!

if it wasnt for the Jello shots i probably would have remembered most of your names.

everyone at the BBQ was extremely friendly, which is always good when you're a completely new face.

and i dont think i heard one bit of trance all night!! good job on the decks to all & thanks for letting me spin some of the funkier stuff.

peace

Chris Reiss :rock:

What's wrong with Trance as long as it is not mainstream?

I think the only thing that was missing from the BBQ was Trance.

Intelligent Sounding Trance

Originally posted by themrs

Ditto.

It was coming...the rain ended that though...like I said, the next time I organize I will give mrmiami a prime spot....and I would like to get Obby, JT and get a good mix of other DJs going....keep bringing the great tunes....maybe next time we can get a park thing ....and have (2) areas of sound...I know I have the set-up for one area already, all we would need help with is the other....we could take over some place like South Point....as long as it is on a slow weekend....and of course I need time to recover from this last one.....I WILL BE OFF TO THE BAHAMAS THIS WEEKEND....SO I WILL GET SOME REST THERE :rolleyes: YEAH RIGHT!

Originally posted by lyrik

It was coming...the rain ended that though...like I said, the next time I organize I will give mrmiami a prime spot....and I would like to get Obby, JT and get a good mix of other DJs going....keep bringing the great tunes....maybe next time we can get a park thing ....and have (2) areas of sound...I know I have the set-up for one area already, all we would need help with is the other....we could take over some place like South Point....as long as it is on a slow weekend....and of course I need time to recover from this last one.....I WILL BE OFF TO THE BAHAMAS THIS WEEKEND....SO I WILL GET SOME REST THERE :rolleyes: YEAH RIGHT!

You did good though Lyrik....

Have a great time at the Bahamas!!

:D

LYRIK MY MAN.... SWEET PARTY...

GLAD TO HAVE SOME MORE CP'ERS.....

FOOD WAS OFF DA CHAIN....... HATS OFF TO THE COOK...

GREAT HANGING WITH THE USUALS

TOO MANY NAMES TO MENTION... IF WE MET & SPOKE FOR A FEW U KNOW WHO U'S ARE....

THANKS AGAIN LYRIK FOR THE HOSPITLAITY & THE USAGE OF YOUR CRIB FOR THE BBQ...... TILL NEXT BBQ....

BTW...

NICE POOL TABLE....:aright:

& 1smashley!!!!:mad:

what's up with that!!!??? (avatar)...

j/k.... u know i got nothing but love for ya girl...

:tongue:

& its about damn time u post!!!!!!! woman....

Originally posted by lavosdeldiablo

-Oh and flip thanx for introducing me to the Flight Simulator:D ...

LADIES & GENTLEMEN I PRESENT TO YOU.....

CADET JIMMY T.

PASSED HIS FIRST FLIGHT SIMULATOR WITH FLYING COLORS!!!

CONGRATS JIMMY...:laugh:

Originally posted by lavosdeldiablo

Awesome Barbq... Big thanks to Lyrik for hosting it... Your one cool cat dude, and your house was perfect... By far the best barbq yet... Great peeps, great tunes, & GREAT FOOD!!!

2 thumbs up ... Can t wait for the next one,...:)

-Oh and flip thanx for introducing me to the Flight Simulator:D ...

Glad to be of some service!!!!!!!!;):laugh: