Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why??

joeg

attachment.php?s=&postid=1686252

not for nothing... but there are much better cars to do this to... the reason one would buy a TT is for the combination of luxury and performance... theres definately faster/cheaper cars (and lighter) to rip apart...

hell... even if you were hellbent on the 1.8t + awd, i believe they made an AWD golf or something... lighter to begin with...

thats like buying an SL500 and putting 15" rims with huge drag slicks on the rear... :confused:

attachment.php?s=&postid=1686239

see, that's what REAL racecars look like ;) welcome to the world of automotive performance.

did you really think someone's going to throw their rally car sideways at 100mph with full leather upholstry and no rollcage?

;) dont be aghast just because your little cutesy titty car isn't cruising the local shopping mall looking for underage chicks.

alot of times cars like this start off with a few performance mods, then alittle more and alittle more and alittle more, thats how my friends' drag car got started.....first a cold air kit and springs on a nice clean street car and then 8 years later its become a trailered strip queen with full blown cage, tubbed and 'chutted.

Originally posted by joeg

not for nothing... but there are much better cars to do this to... the reason one would buy a TT is for the combination of luxury and performance... theres definately faster/cheaper cars (and lighter) to rip apart...

hell... even if you were hellbent on the 1.8t + awd, i believe they made an AWD golf or something... lighter to begin with...

Originally posted by cintron

see, that's what REAL racecars look like ;) welcome to the world of automotive performance.

did you really think someone's going to throw their rally car sideways at 100mph with full leather upholstry and no rollcage?

;) dont be aghast just because your little cutesy titty car isn't cruising the local shopping mall looking for underage chicks.

my point is you have to be a MASSIVE TOOL to drop 40g and then rip it apart, when the TT isn't really that fast or light to begin with....

the TT ISN'T a "real" racecar... its a luxury sports car...

and theres no shock & awe... i'm just stumped as to why someone would waste that kind of cash on something so WRONG for that purpose...

its like someone buying a 1992 mr2 and spending 10g on handcrafted italian leather interior...

Interesting...

Looks setup for rallying. I'm not certain if the Quattro system is the best for off road durability and power transfer but its an interesting idea.

Sometimes you have a certain amount in a car and then just take the extra step because there is no point turning back.

The 944 has no back seats, no rear carpeting or sound deadening, track pads that squeal like a bus.... but it serves its purpose. You can hear the rear transaxle whine through all the gears with the windows up. It's actually kinda nice. :cool:

Who said the guy spent $40k on the car then tore it apart. Maybe he spend $20-30k used. who knows.

Originally posted by teklord310

Interesting...

Looks setup for rallying. I'm not certain if the Quattro system is the best for off road durability and power transfer but its an interesting idea.

Sometimes you have a certain amount in a car and then just take the extra step because there is no point turning back.

The 944 has no back seats, no rear carpeting or sound deadening, track pads that squeal like a bus.... but it serves its purpose. You can hear the rear transaxle whine through all the gears with the windows up. It's actually kinda nice. :cool:

Who said the guy spent $40k on the car then tore it apart. Maybe he spend $20-30k used. who knows.

he spent a minimum of 30k... but judging by how much work is done... he didn't get it last week... meaning he probably spent closer to 40k...

i mean, its definately a cool car and all... but with the same money, you could definatley have a much faster/better handling car for rallying than that...

who said he spent that much?

you ever heard of selling the parts you take off?

there is also a thing called custom fabrication in your own garage.

i know i know.. why pick a tt for rally... its called being different. why do something that everyone else is doing. pioneering is the best shit. thats how you get reconized and get mad respect.

and thats how you get sponsered and get free parts...

monster garage calls it "freebies freebies freebies... zip zero nada"...

if you look at the car carefully, you will noticed some stickers.

FOR EXAMPLE first pic you will kinda see a omp sticker on the side. there for you seen omp seats and steering wheel

my point is you have to be a MASSIVE TOOL to drop 40g and then rip it apart, when the TT isn't really that fast or light to begin with....

the TT ISN'T a "real" racecar... its a luxury sports car...

and theres no shock & awe... i'm just stumped as to why someone would waste that kind of cash on something so WRONG for that purpose...

Audis have done reasonably well with rallying in the past. The quattro system actually did come in handy for that stuff, especially when it was first introduced. It took years for other manufacturers to play catch-up.

40k is damn cheap for making a complete rally car. And no, it's nothing like putting a handcrafted leather interior into an MR2. ;)

Racing an Audi is like racing an MR2 is like racing a viper.

You gut it, build it up, strengthen the weak points, enhance the strong points and take the machine out. Racecars aren't always pretty but they ARE always purposeful.

The speed of a car is only limited by the depth of the owner's wallet.

i think everyone misunderstood what i said about cost...

he had to spend about 40k just to get the TT... he probably spent another 20k in mods... depending on whats under the hood...

Racing an Audi is like racing an MR2 is like racing a viper.

i'm going to remind you that you said that every time you take a shot at audis... :tongue:

I guess if money's no object, why not... i wanna find out more about whats under the hood... and i want to know what it actually weighs...

well then you're just wrong... i was trying to give you a graceful out... ;)

judging by the model and year and stuff... at bare minimum he paid 30k...

So? It's not a crazy amount of money to spend.. yeah its a lot.. maybe you feel the impact of his decision because you own a TT.

Check out how many people out there strip their $50-$100k+ cars THEN mod them to hell just for track use.

Just feel the flow and live with it. Don't fight it. :clap: