15 krs one -- REAL MC

14 run dmc -- REAL MC

13 dmx-REAL MC

12 nelly- corny but sells so they put him up here

11 big pun-REAL MC

10 missy- the realest when it comes to women

09 beasty boys -- REAL MC

08 lil kim- def. not

07 dre --------------------- DOESNT EVEN WRITE HIS OWN FUCKIN RHYMES, right on that one

06 rakim -- REAL MC

05 jay z -THE REALEST MC! DOESN'T EVEN WRITE THE LYRICS DOWN, ALL FROM THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

04 nas -- REAL MC

03 eminem -- REAL MC

02 biggie smalls -- REAL MC

01 2pac-REAL MC

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ketaman

22 chuck d -- REAL MC

21 method man -- REAL MC

20 queen latifah-real enough

19 ll cool j-REAL MC

18 foxy brown- ehhhh

17 common sense -- REAL MC, but whack

16 snoop dogg- REAL MC

15 krs one -- REAL MC

14 run dmc -- REAL MC

13 dmx-REAL MC

12 nelly- corny but sells so they put him up here

11 big pun-REAL MC

10 missy- the realest when it comes to women

09 beasty boys -- REAL MC

08 lil kim- def. not

07 dre --------------------- DOESNT EVEN WRITE HIS OWN FUCKIN RHYMES, right on that one

06 rakim -- REAL MC

05 jay z -THE REALEST MC! DOESN'T EVEN WRITE THE LYRICS DOWN, ALL FROM THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

04 nas -- REAL MC

03 eminem -- REAL MC

02 biggie smalls -- REAL MC

01 2pac-REAL MC

dude, first off PAC is not an MC aka lyricist..not to say hes not an icon, but when it comes to mc'ing...he doesnt have skills

jay-z is not an MC, he can write but hes too pretty to be an MC

..same thing with MISSY...all these commercialized stars are not MC's....they are not voices for the street

you lost all your credibility when you said COMMON is whack....he's been in the game much longer than most of this list over here...he's a fuckin MC..more so than JAY Z and most of the list.......you are a rookie and know nothing

Originally posted by smokesum

dude, first off PAC is not an MC aka lyricist..not to say hes not an icon, but when it comes to mc'ing...he doesnt have skills

jay-z is not an MC, he can write but hes too pretty to be an MC

..same thing with MISSY...all these commercialized stars are not MC's....they are not voices for the street

you lost all your credibility when you said COMMON is whack....he's been in the game much longer than most of this list over here...he's a fuckin MC..more so than JAY Z and most of the list.......you are a rookie and know nothing

Thats funny cause last time I checked Reasonable Doubt was one of the best records that came out. Yeh yeh I know what your gunna say, but just cause you feel that he's to pretty doesnt mean he isnt a REAL MC. I didnt know you had to be Gutter to be a REAL MC. A REAL MC is a person who "CAN WRITE" and can tell a story through their words. So I dunno what your sayin.

Originally posted by origskeemr

Thats funny cause last time I checked Reasonable Doubt was one of the best records that came out. Yeh yeh I know what your gunna say, but just cause you feel that he's to pretty doesnt mean he isnt a REAL MC. I didnt know you had to be Gutter to be a REAL MC. A REAL MC is a person who "CAN WRITE" and can tell a story through their words. So I dunno what your sayin.

im not sayin that jay-z dont got skill...all im sayin is that he is another category....he's hip pop...he goes against what rap is about...its not about the bling bling and choreography...its not just the rhyming..its the content..the attitude

you can't put him in same group as real MC's/lyricists like...

Rakim

GZA/Genius

Big L

Jeru

Sadat X

Common

Evidence

Last Emporer

Guru

High & Mighty

Kool G Rap

Mos Def

Recent Nas

Black Thought

Self Scientific

Slick Rick

El Producto...to name a few

and Reasonable Doubt was mediocre at best

first off your buggin if you thin Reasonable DOubt is mediocre. I agree with you 100% on the albums you posted. I think your blinded by the fact that when someone gets a video on TRL they are pop. That just means he caught the eyes of the MTV culture. Just because he raps about his cars and his money doesnt mean he fell off just means he moved up wit his money. Real rappers write about what they see in everyday life not what they think they saw. In Reasonable DOubt he was young, hungry, and hustling which gave him the songs Dead Presidents, D'Evils, Cant Knock the Hustle. I actually respect him for not rappin about cookin coke cause thats not what he does anymore like most of these rappers claim to do when they are really in a mansion in Jersey not in the hood. He talks about how he makes his hustle with clothes and these TRL kids. The TRL people only listen to Big Pimpin and J to the Izzo not the rest of the album. Just like these kids only listened to 1 Mic and I Can on the Stillmatic album. To tell you the truth I could really care less about who you consider a "Real MC" or not, but I just hate when someone puts Nas on a pedestal and knock Jay-Z. He fell off just as bad and tried to go commercial wit his shit but the kids never fell for it. Just cause he came with Ether and 1 Mic (2 street bangers) doesnt make him on top again. All his CD's sucked after It Was Written as well and I dont understand why everyone forgets that.

Smokesum, Gangstarr suck. All they got is Premier. he's ill.

And Fat Joe ain't shit compared to Pun.

Nas and Jay-Z are equal in my eyes. ALL of Hov's albums were hot, the early and most recent Nas ones were fire. Consider them both kings. Sometimes Jay can be too hip hop and sometimes Nas talks out of his ass with some of the shit that he spits. They have their ups and downs but, regardless, both are on top.

Fuck GZA!??!?! FUCK GZA??????????

u just hated on THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BEST storyteller MC since Slick Rick.........the man who singlehandedly TOPPED what the whole Wu did as a group....the man who put together (along with the rza) arguably the GREATEST LP OF ALL TIME...u can listen to Liquid Swords straight thru and not skip a song....he was the fucking Glue of the Wu...once he went solo everything went to shit...cause they knew theyd never transcend what he created as a solo artist..

listen to any Wu track from back in the days....80% of the time Gza's verse is the one everyone wilds out to...the one that sticks out the most...

his voice is comparable to Rakim's...somethin that just grabs u by the neck and says ALRIGHT MOTHERFUCKER UR GONA LISTEN TO WHAT I GOTA SAY AND UR GONA LIKE IT...

u talk about underrated MC's...GZA is at the TOP TOP TOP TOP of that list along with Big L...Jeru...Kane...and the like...

for u to come out and hate on GZA and Common in the same thread and big up Jay Z and qualify Snoop Dogg as an MC is inexcusable...

i have the smallest grain of respect for u for bringin up Scarface...but then u go and hate on Guru...nniigggaaa...GURU??? the other half of Gang Starr??...

u have this affinity towards the shiny things in life man...it aint all pretty..the best MC's r never the flashiest or the best paid....thats y Pac and Big will never be able to hold a candle to Big L..Rakim..Slick Rick..Kane..etc etc

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

Fuck GZA!??!?! FUCK GZA??????????

u just hated on THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BEST storyteller MC since Slick Rick.........the man who singlehandedly TOPPED what the whole Wu did as a group....the man who put together (along with the rza) arguably the GREATEST LP OF ALL TIME...u can listen to Liquid Swords straight thru and not skip a song....he was the fucking Glue of the Wu...once he went solo everything went to shit...cause they knew theyd never transcend what he created as a solo artist..

listen to any Wu track from back in the days....80% of the time Gza's verse is the one everyone wilds out to...the one that sticks out the most...

his voice is comparable to Rakim's...somethin that just grabs u by the neck and says ALRIGHT MOTHERFUCKER UR GONA LISTEN TO WHAT I GOTA SAY AND UR GONA LIKE IT...

u talk about underrated MC's...GZA is at the TOP TOP TOP TOP of that list along with Big L...Jeru...Kane...and the like...

for u to come out and hate on GZA and Common in the same thread and big up Jay Z and qualify Snoop Dogg as an MC is inexcusable...

i have the smallest grain of respect for u for bringin up Scarface...but then u go and hate on Guru...nniigggaaa...GURU??? the other half of Gang Starr??...

u have this affinity towards the shiny things in life man...it aint all pretty..the best MC's r never the flashiest or the best paid....thats y Pac and Big will never be able to hold a candle to Big L..Rakim..Slick Rick..Kane..etc etc

i dont hate u as much as i thought i did...while most these rap cats nowadays stress the butter on their rolls gza aint sweatin it cos hes 100% whole wheat bread. the mans a prophet... "scratch underneath the surface where does ya purpose lieeee"...shit is bonkers