Clubplanet Nightlife Community

9/11/01

NEVER FORGET

7:58 a.m. - United Airlines Flight 175 departs Boston for Los Angeles,

carrying 56 passengers, two pilots, and seven flight attendants. The

Boeing 767 is hijacked after takeoff and diverted to New York.

7:59 a.m. - American Airlines Flight 11 departs Boston for Los

Angeles, carrying 81 passengers, two pilots, and nine flight

attendants. This Boeing 767 is also hijacked and diverted to New York.

8:01 a.m. - United Airlines Flight 93, a Boeing 757 carrying 38

passengers, two pilots, and five flight attendants, leaves Newark, N.J.,

for San Francisco.

8:10 a.m. - American Airlines Flight 77 departs Washington's

Dulles International Airport for Los Angeles, carrying 58 passengers,

two pilots, and four flight attendants. The Boeing 757 is hijacked

after takeoff.

8:46 a.m. - American Flight 11 from Boston crashes into the North

Tower at the World Trade Center.

9:03 a.m. - United Flight 175 from Boston crashes into the South

Tower at the World Trade Center.

- U.S. Federal Aviation Administration shuts down all New

York area airports.

9:21 a.m. - Bridges and tunnels leading into New York City

are closed.

9:25 a.m. - All domestic flights are grounded by U.S. Federal

Aviation Administration.

9:45 a.m. - American Flight 77 crashes into The Pentagon.

10:05 a.m. - The South Tower at the World Trade Center collapses.

10:05 a.m. - The White House is evacuated.

10:10 a.m. - A large section of one side of The Pentagon collapses.

10:10 a.m. - United Flight 93 crashes in a wooded area in

Pennsylvania, after passengers confront hijackers.

10:28 a.m. - The North Tower at the World Trade Center collapses.

Well...I was waiting for 9/11/01 to post something...but I am glad you did....The day means so much to .....

It has been almost two years since my life has changed...almost two years ago since I was down stairs in the WTC right where the PATH TRAIN was...sipping my protein shake....The little cafe in the basement made sick Protein Shakes...I was...getting ready for my second day of work on the Goldman Fixed Income Trading Desk....drinking a protein shake reading the WSJ...watching the thousands of people walk by getting ready for work...10 minutes later my life changed forever...There is not a day that goes by that I do not think about 9/11 and all the thousands of people that died....I am going to Jersey City (Exchange Place) to light a candle....Remmeber 9-11-01......

Glad someone posted this....means just as much to me also.....

This one day has affected my life so much that I can't go one day not thinking about it. I can't even begin to explain what I had seen, or what thoughts were going through my head @ that time.....all i can say is that I've taken life in a new perspective and learned not to take anything for granted.

Originally posted by njstacked2

Joe...you should check my Tattoo out..it is the Iron Corss from the Trade centers...it says 9/11/01 REMEMBER......

I actually felt a lot of closure after I got it....

I was debating whether or not I was going to get a tattoo also....I wanted to cover up my tat on my right arm and have something symbolic there.

I will post a pic of it tomorrow....

The artist really nailed the design...bent Steel and rivets...exactly how it looks.

I remember going to Factory the first weekend it actually opened after 9/11.....JP spun "God Bless America" to beats for a half hour....it was fucking off the hook...everyone was tearing....Joe have you ever heard this?

Joe...you should check my Tattoo out..it is the Iron Corss from the Trade centers...it says 9/11/01 REMEMBER......

I actually felt a lot of closure after I got it....

got a pic of it so we can all see it??? i would love to see it :D

The artist really nailed the design...bent Steel and rivets...exactly how it looks.

I remember going to Factory the first weekend it actually opened after 9/11.....JP spun "God Bless America" to beats for a half hour....it was fucking off the hook...everyone was tearing....Joe have you ever heard this?

Luz Divina and Bush made the song I think Stacked. I think I still have it at home. I was there that Saturday too, the whole place was shook up when JP played that.

Originally posted by djfrankie

i didn't know if i should post this, but inside i had too. as a paramedic, i was there for a week starting that day. no words can express the horror i saw. my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone that lost someone. god bless america!

DITTO

Everytime someone else talks about it or myself I get chills up and down my body

My thought and prayer go out to all everyone out there...

I look at life much different from that day on, I appreciate every minute, and it brought me closer to my family, and my girlfriend

Basically that day taught people NOT to take life for granted and to love yout family, friends, etc.....:hug: :hug: :hug:

That took alot out of me

God Bless America by Luz I was there it killed me inside

Stack I will burn you a copy and give it to you

I remember this day to a T. I usually don't get emotional but this is way different. I was on State Street and I just remember how a thick black smoke surrounded the building. The building started to shake and people were evacuating. Fucking unreal. All the while I'm watching the first tower go down on televison in the traders office. The market was halted, or maybe it didnt even open. I'm not sure, I dont remember. The bond market was open for a bit, though. Anyway, We stayed in the office until about 1:30 p.m. It was just a fewof us...A few brokers, the compliance officer and the CEO. When we went downstairs it was a ghost town with about two inches of ash on the ground. Those little hotdog carts had been abandoned. We usedour shirts to cover our mouths up because it was really difficult to breathe. As we were walking, people started making lighthearted jokes, including myself. Nobody knew what to say, so we just starting laughing at everything. Funny thing is, alot of people were doing the exact same thing. Really weird. So, we headed over to Killarney Rose and just got hammertime. I didn't even have any money on me. But, one of the brokers just bought me drinks all day. The most diverse type crowd I have ever seen in a bar/club. It was fucking awesome. So,we left at around 5:30p.m.and headed up FDR, I think it was. Soooo many fucking people walking up. We were so fucking drunk. Along the way, were meeting new people, introducing ourselves, and vice versa. Somehow, I end up at the New School U. with some broad. Hanging outside her temp. dorm because their dorms were downtown at William St. So, they evacuated as well. Cute chick, she let me feel her clit ring over her panties. Anyway, let me not stray. I got home at around 11:30 p.m. Even though Icalled my parents and everyone to let them know I was ok, they were frantic. They though something happened to me after the buildings went down. Because, I had called them before they did. Regardless, horrible day turned into a very peculiar day. I went to therapy for this. I haven't been the same person since. Sorry for the nonfiction novel

Originally posted by calebb

I remember this day to a T. I usually don't get emotional but this is way different. I was on State Street and I just remember how a thick black smoke surrounded the building. The building started to shake and people were evacuating. Fucking unreal. All the while I'm watching the first tower go down on televison in the traders office. The market was halted, or maybe it didnt even open. I'm not sure, I dont remember. The bond market was open for a bit, though. Anyway, We stayed in the office until about 1:30 p.m. It was just a fewof us...A few brokers, the compliance officer and the CEO. When we went downstairs it was a ghost town with about two inches of ash on the ground. Those little hotdog carts had been abandoned. We usedour shirts to cover our mouths up because it was really difficult to breathe. As we were walking, people started making lighthearted jokes, including myself. Nobody knew what to say, so we just starting laughing at everything. Funny thing is, alot of people were doing the exact same thing. Really weird. So, we headed over to Killarney Rose and just got hammertime. I didn't even have any money on me. But, one of the brokers just bought me drinks all day. The most diverse type crowd I have ever seen in a bar/club. It was fucking awesome. So,we left at around 5:30p.m.and headed up FDR, I think it was. Soooo many fucking people walking up. We were so fucking drunk. Along the way, were meeting new people, introducing ourselves, and vice versa. Somehow, I end up at the New School U. with some broad. Hanging outside her temp. dorm because their dorms were downtown at William St. So, they evacuated as well. Cute chick, she let me feel her clit ring over her panties. Anyway, let me not stray. I got home at around 11:30 p.m. Even though Icalled my parents and everyone to let them know I was ok, they were frantic. They though something happened to me after the buildings went down. Because, I had called them before they did. Regardless, horrible day turned into a very peculiar day. I went to therapy for this. I haven't been the same person since. Sorry for the nonfiction novel

Finally some emotion and kindness from you.

I was at Factory too that morning, a lot of people were wearing red, white & blue & at 9:11am there was a moment of silence.

I never heard SF that quiet & hopefully never will again.

Always remember those that have fallen on this tragic day.

WOW.. thanks for bringing back a memory there Stacked.

I was at factory as well, and remember JP gave a lil speech and then played Luz.. great night..

I can not phathom the pain and sadness that you all must've gone through. My uncle is a firefighter here in Boston. After the attacks he felt so helpless that he took a leave from his shifts here to go to NYC to help with the recovery efforts. He said the things he saw left a scar on his heart. That the devestation left him having nightmares for weeks. BUT the people of NYC were the most amazing people. He said the people at Penn Station gave him a free trip home after his 3 days there. That random people off the streets shook his hand or gave him a hug or a word of thanks....for what he says is "just doing his job". It meant so much to my family knowing that he was taken in and cared for down there. He now has friends from that whole experience that he says will last a life time.

I still remember 9/11 like it was yesterday.

I was at work, outside, smoking a cig, when someone came out and said that a plane had hit one of the towers. We all kind of joked about how some idiot didnt know how to fly a plane. But then a couple of minutes later, someone else came out saying how another plane had hit the other tower.

We all stopped joking at that point.

They have a work out room here, so we all went down there to listen to the radio- the internet traffic was too heavy to read anything on line. It was something out of a scary movie to me, and I cant imagine how the people that were there, like stacked, even functioned at that point.

Within a half hour it was total panic. Alot of people had brothers, sisters, children -family members, that either worked there or were cops- or whatever.

I think by 10:00 they closed our office.

I got home and never felt so unsafe.

Then someone close to me had a terrible flashback from Vietnam and went off the deep end. I wont get into details on that, it was just a bad sight.

Everyone light your candles....it was a terrible day....and i feel so bad for people that lost someone, and even worse for the innocent lives that were taken that day.

God bless....