Clubplanet Nightlife Community

9/11--Today's Events

Although those who know me know that I am rarely very serious, but I just had a few things on my mind...

I have been sitting here all day reading everyone's thoughts and stories regarding 9/11 and thinking to myself why??? How could this happened.

Like Stacked, two years ago today I walked out of the WTC at approximately 8:55am-- Unlike Stacked, I didnt work there though. In fact, it was my first day back from vacation and, although I worked in midtown, I had a court appearance in NY Supreme Court downtown that morning. Two very random coincidences.

Turns out I was on the last PATH train to let people off. Although I had no clue what was going on, after I exited the building, I looked up and saw the hole from the first plane. After that, I witnessed the second explosion whereupon I knew it was time to leave.

What I didnt know was that a very good friend who worked for Cantor was dying a most horrid death. My friend and I met in high school--me at Seton Hall Prep, him at MKA--turms out we both attended Muhlenberg College and both had houses down the shore. Although we were in different fraternities, we always hung out-him even getting in a fight with his brothers once because he was hanging out with a football playing thug such as myself. As if that were not enough, we both went to law school (different schools though) and even studied for the bar together. In fact, it was his notes that I used when I took the Ny bar exam.

So anyway, my point. Why? Two people following the almost same life path. One dies and one doesnt. Why? I was never in danger that day and I dont what this to sound like i was, but why??? He was the one with the new wife and baby, not me.

Anyway, as always my heart and prayers go out to them.

As for you Stacked, stay strong...youre good people!!!

Originally posted by njstacked2

Rubas...I was in Jersey City last night @ Exchange Place...saying some prayers and just putting some closure to the whole thing...It felt good just to reflect back on the day and shed some tears.....

See you at Bourbon St. Saturday.

Stacked..I will call u tomorrow

Bus--Lets keep my Saturday nite story on the down low