Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Riicchhiieeee Fuckin Rryyddeellll

axel-a-promos

Incredible night? Were you at the same place I was? It was far from incredible. His set went no where last night. I was waiting for him to pick it up all night and he didnt. He needs to play some different songs and get rid of Luz Divina. The song has been played out for a while. I know Richie is capable of playing much better. I guess he just had an off night.

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

Incredible night? Were you at the same place I was? It was far from incredible. His set went no where last night. I was waiting for him to pick it up all night and he didnt. He needs to play some different songs and get rid of Luz Divina. The song has been played out for a while. I know Richie is capable of playing much better. I guess he just had an off night.

i noticed the same thing. he played alot of old school tracks, iy kinda felt like classics night.. but hes still the fuckin man!!!

The music really had to be questionable for Brian to actually complain??? What happened Bri???

Originally posted by carguy19

The music really had to be questionable for Brian to actually complain??? What happened Bri???

I am not one to complain usually. I just couldnt get into the music. It went no where. No progression at all IMO. Some of the songs he played need to stay in his bag. He plays them too often. He defintely an off night last night.

:eek:;)

He needs to play some different songs and get rid of Luz Divina. The song has been played out for a while. I know Richie is capable of playing much better.

I agree - He did the same thing last Friday, too. Classics and older tracks are okay, but not when you hear them all the time..

New tracks are needed.....

Brian, i think YOU must have had an off night last night...........

RICHIE RYDELL SMOKED THAT ENTIRE ROOM FROM START TO FINISH ( and since i know you are an expert brian,:rolleyes: , the dance floor tells it all, when you turn on the lights at 2:45 and the dance floor is still packed, the dj ripped it up the right way).Can you possibly name ANY other place where you would hear BETTER music, with a better crowd, and better soundsystem on a friday night?

Not to mention the place was packed with tons of girls.Crazy energy, great ,great crowd.

Somthing seems a little FISHEY here. If there is a personal problem here brian with SOMEONE (and i dont think its with me), handle it like a man, no need play games on a computer.Anything i can do let me know.

Think you drank a little to much last night brian...............

And believe me, ANYONE can have an off night, i just dont think i heard one last night. I think this post has some personal overtones..............IMO!

Originally posted by ml2k3

RICHIE RYDELL SMOKED THAT ENTIRE ROOM FROM START TO FINISH ( and since i know you are an expert brian,:rolleyes: , the dance floor tells it all, when you turn on the lights at 2:45 and the dance floor is still packed, the dj ripped it up the right way).Can you possibly name ANY other place where you would hear BETTER music, with a better crowd, and better soundsystem on a friday night?

Not to mention the place was packed with tons of girls.Crazy energy, great ,great crowd.

Somthing seems a little FISHEY here. If there is a personal problem here brian with SOMEONE (and i dont think its with me), handle it like a man, no need play games on a computer.Anything i can do let me know.

And believe me, ANYONE can have an off night, i just dont think i heard one last night. I think this post has some personal overtones..............IMO!

Georgie, I think whats going on here is not that richie had a bad night, i think that he's catering to all the people that come in, I personally can't stand the KTU commercial BS music, but if that brings you 20 more people every week thats another 200-400 at the door and another 5-600 at the bar. People seem to miss the point that this is a business and we(promoters) try to cater to make everyone happy. People are always gonna complain but the people who complain still come for the music the other 85% of the time richie is going off with the real deal beatz.

I hear what you are saying carguy, but the LAST thing someone could call richies style is COMMERCIAL!? But you are right carguy . Remember its suposed to be a PARTY....YA KNOW .....HAVE FUN.....MAYBE HOOK UP......LISTEN TO GOOD MUSIC....NEW AND OLD.

Isnt the job of a dj.......TO MAKE PEOPLE DANCE?????

KEY WORD.....D-A-N-C-E!!!!!!

carguy, try to come check us out next week.

Originally posted by ml2k3

I think you have me confused with someone else. I would never bring a personal problem I might have into a review. My review is my review. I have heard Richie numerous times and he has been great almost all the time. Last night, wasnt one of his great nights. The music wasnt that great last night IMO. I know Riche is capable of playing much better. He is entitled to his off nights just like any other DJ. As for the girls, yea there were girls by your bar, but if you would have walked around you would have noticed there was alot more guys than girls. I have always posted good reviews of Richie and Metro/Merge. Today just wasnt one of them. Richie knows I like him and his djing and Im sure he knows my post was constructive crticism. I still enjoy Metro and I am sure I will be back there.

FYI, I was sober last night.

richie tore shit down last night. That place was rockin from start to finish. I thought rich's set progressed very nicely. You may personally not like that luz track but every time he plays it the place erupts. And the majority of his tracks were new stuff. I also thought the place had a good girl to guy ratio. Maybe there were more guys but it wasnt an overwhelming majority. Personally i thought his set was solid as a rock. :cool:

Originally posted by jtav13

Wow...I am sure that Rydell is the only Dj in the State of Jerz that has an "off night" ever....what the fuck?? I got your back richie....

Like I said, he is entitled to off nights just like any one else. Richie knows that i love him and I have always supported him so I got his back as well. ;)

Originally posted by coogs78

To say his set was commercial is just stupid. Most people would have a tough time naming any track he played besides the luz and amuka.

I agree. He is not commercial.

Do not blow my post up. It wasnt meant to be drama. It was my 100 % honest review. I have no motives behind me in writing this. The night didnt suck. It was an ok night. I know it will only get better in the weeks to come.