Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question about Steriods?

daillestmattyg

I am in my senior year of high school and I currently work out 5-6days each week. I run track and I in my track season I am in a plateau with times each week being fast but not increasing. My running workouts are crazy which I put forth full effort. In taking steriods I know I will get bigger but will it make me faster??

thanks matt

Originally posted by daillestmattyg

I am in my senior year of high school and I currently work out 5-6days each week. I run track and I in my track season I am in a plateau with times each week being fast but not increasing. My running workouts are crazy which I put forth full effort. In taking steriods I know I will get bigger but will it make me faster??

thanks matt

Personally I don't think steroids would make you faster. In a way by getting bigger I would think they would make you slower...

What kind of track do you run.

Most runners that I see never really get big. They may get a little bigger off season when they are not running but when the seasons is back and they begin running again they usually slim out and lose some muscle mass. I believe running drains your body of alot of the essentials it takes to build on muscle mass...

Elite... I am sure you can come up with something better...

And as a runner I would not want to mess with my heart rate like that. :nono:

First of all, I would NEVER - recommend the use of hormones to anyone under the age of 20-21, for many reasons.

But if you are going to do it anyway - here we go.

Steroids do NOT dictate whether a person is big or small - that comes from diet.

There are several different anabolics used by track athletes - which is usually decided by 2 factors - the first being money and the second whether they will be tested or not. (not neccesarrily in that order)

Answer the previous 2 questions for me and then I can outline a cycle for you.

1) How much money do you have to spend??

2) Will you be tested?

Nautica

One other comment.

In the past, I have seen threads on anabolics get moved to the substance abuse section.

Personally, I believe that they should be in this section, due to the fact that the 2 subjects go hand and hand.

It is really no different than questions about supplements to me. Unless abused they are used to promote health - not destroy it.

Also, anabolics are not "illegal" they can be obtained from a doctor legally. The only reason they are controlled in the first place is due to the IOC trying to stop cheating in sports. They could not control it themselves, so they made up a bunch of bogus studies, took them before congresss and banned the substances not only for athletes but for all americans.

But, I would like to hear from the other 2 moderators - in order to decide what needs to be done.

Nautica

Originally posted by elitesnautica

First of all, I would NEVER - recommend the use of hormones to anyone under the age of 20-21, for many reasons.

But if you are going to do it anyway - here we go.

Steroids do NOT dictate whether a person is big or small - that comes from diet.

There are several different anabolics used by track athletes - which is usually decided by 2 factors - the first being money and the second whether they will be tested or not. (not neccesarrily in that order)

Answer the previous 2 questions for me and then I can outline a cycle for you.

1) How much money do you have to spend??

2) Will you be tested?

Nautica

I have as much money as needed so whatever is the best works and 2nd i will be tested prob. around sometime next summer

One other comment.

In the past, I have seen threads on anabolics get moved to the substance abuse section.

Personally, I believe that they should be in this section, due to the fact that the 2 subjects go hand and hand.

It is really no different than questions about supplements to me. Unless abused they are used to promote health - not destroy it.

Also, anabolics are not "illegal" they can be obtained from a doctor legally. The only reason they are controlled in the first place is due to the IOC trying to stop cheating in sports. They could not control it themselves, so they made up a bunch of bogus studies, took them before congresss and banned the substances not only for athletes but for all americans.

But, I would like to hear from the other 2 moderators - in order to decide what needs to be done.

Nautica

Nautica,

Your comments are on point!

One other comment.

Nautica

They will stay in here being there are health effects from steroids... The last time I passed it to the Substance forum is because you were not posting much in here... And personally I don't know much about them... Seemed like the question could be answered better in the substance forum... ;)

I just don't want this forum becoming like the substance forum where it is supposedly to try and help people with their addictions meanwhile the forum became a place where people could find better more enjoyable ways to take them. As well as how to smuggle them...

I would like this forum to stay more on the topic of health. As I am sure many agree... All I ask is that things don't get out of hand... And every question being about juice. :D

Originally posted by elementx

They will stay in here being there are health effects from steroids... The last time I passed it to the Substance forum is because you were not posting much in here... And personally I don't know much about them... Seemed like the question could be answered better in the substance forum... ;)

I just don't want this forum becoming like the substance forum where it is supposedly to try and help people with their addictions meanwhile the forum became a place where people could find better more enjoyable ways to take them. As well as how to smuggle them...

I would like this forum to stay more on the topic of health. As I am sure many agree... All I ask is that things don't get out of hand... And every question being about juice. :D

I couldn't agree more.

Nautica

Dali

Did I also see another thread - where you are trying to gain weight?????

First of all, you need to sit down and write out your goals. What is important to you vs. what you want.

When you have your goals - post them and we can go from there.

Also, when I asked about money, I was orginally think about HGH, IGF-1 and things like that - but you are much too young and not only could it cause problems - but if you were to become a national competitor in the next 3 or 4 years - then you would have nothing to step up to in order to give you a boost.

So for now we will keep it extremely simple.

Also, give us your stats, eating habits, ect...

Nautica

about gaining weight and yes I am trying to gain weight because the more muscle I put on the stronger I will be which will help me sprint. My eating habits are in the morning I have either egg whites and toast or 2 packets of oatmeal and 1 scoop of protein and 1 tablespoon of protein with cup and 1/2 of milk lunch I eat an egg white/grilled chicken wrap or subway turkey breast sandwich dinner I have another shake....my times are for the 400m dash 54 seconds 800m dash 201 looking to break 2 minutes and even better so thats why im willing to try juice....please help elite and whoever else thinks they know what can help me? My track season starts early December by the way thanks

matt

btw - I was a vaulter on a (the) National Championship track team in the early 90's. I am not going to tell you the name of the team - but if you know anything at all about College Track and Field - you will know.

Nautica

Early 90's huh?

I have an idea on which college it is ;)

Did you ever vault at Penn Relays?

Dali - I see your point - but your goal should not be to gain weight.

Your goals will be training for speed and you can put on lean muscle while doing that - which could possibly reflect in the scales.

I have skimmed over your other post - but if you would - repost all of your diet. Also, I need to know your training routines - most high schools do not have an adequate training routine for sprinters - but I think I can help.

1) post your diet

2) post your training routine - track and weights

3) post your stats and experience with juice, if any.

4) Post your weaknesses - is it acceleration out of the blocks or is it final velocity.

5) Give me your 40 yrd time, 50 meters, 100 m, 400 m, and 800 m, stationary verticle and horizontal jumps, as well as power clean and squat maxes. That will help me understand more abuot your current status.

That seems like a lot, but I have helped tons of high school and college track athletes and I can help you improve - if you have the desire.

Nautica

Your goals will be training for speed and you can put on lean muscle while doing that - which could possibly reflect in the scales.

I have skimmed over your other post - but if you would - repost all of your diet. Also, I need to know your training routines - most high schools do not have an adequate training routine for sprinters - but I think I can help.

1) post your diet

4) Post your weaknesses - is it acceleration out of the blocks or is it final velocity.

5) Give me your 40 yrd time, 50 meters, 100 m, 400 m, and 800 m, stationary verticle and horizontal jumps, as well as power clean and squat maxes. That will help me understand more abuot your current status.

That seems like a lot, but I have helped tons of high school and college track athletes and I can help you improve - if you have the desire.

Nautica

:otopic:

now this is how a mod is supposed to operate :aright:

why does it seem that only the health and fitness mods do real moderating of these boards...most others who have the power dont??? :D

sorry to go off :cool:

1) post your diet

Nautica

This man knows his stuff!!

From looking at dali's info, he can run basically a 2:00 800 but only 54 400 - so my thought is that he'll need to improve his speed (squat workouts, plyos, etc will be a good start)

Originally posted by spragga25

This man knows his stuff!!

From looking at dali's info, he can run basically a 2:00 800 but only 54 400 - so my thought is that he'll need to improve his speed (squat workouts, plyos, etc will be a good start)

he sure as hell does...all the more reason why i started pushing for him to be mod months ago...he does not disappoint in this area at all :aright:

1) post your diet

Nautica

my diet is in the morning egg whites or 2 packets of oatmeal afternoon eggwhite/grilled chicken wrap and dinner is usually some kind of meat or high in protein/carb meal I also have about 2 protein shakes a day

My training routine right now is only weights now because my season has not yet started but I still need to prepare I like to hit the weights 4-5 times a day I have no experience with juice what so ever in the race I like to stay in a steady up front of the pack but my strength is bolting the last 300m for the win I really don't know my 40,50 or 100m time but my 200 is 24's 400 54 800 201 everything else I do not know

Originally posted by daillestmattyg

my diet is in the morning egg whites or 2 packets of oatmeal afternoon eggwhite/grilled chicken wrap and dinner is usually some kind of meat or high in protein/carb meal I also have about 2 protein shakes a day

My training routine right now is only weights now because my season has not yet started but I still need to prepare I like to hit the weights 4-5 times a day I have no experience with juice what so ever in the race I like to stay in a steady up front of the pack but my strength is bolting the last 300m for the win I really don't know my 40,50 or 100m time but my 200 is 24's 400 54 800 201 everything else I do not know

I need to know times before I can help. I will spend as much time helping you as I can but, if you really want this you are going to have to work with me. I know that your buddies probably dont keep track of times or workouts - but if you want to be better than them, then you must be different.

You need to be keeping a book of your times and max wieghts to track your progress and to determine what you need to be working on. Also, offseason is not just about weights - you will have off season training on the track as well.

And when you say you are doing wieghts - that does not tell me anything. I need to know what kind of routine your are doing. I need it to be broken down to exercise and routine. And remember - you do NOT need to be lifting so that you can impress the girls - you need to lift specifically for speed.

Also, what is your experience with plyometrics???

Your diet - we need to adjust that as well, but it will be incorporated into your training - so we need to establish a rountine first.

After we adjust your training (track and weights) and diet - then we can look at anabolics if it is needed.

Nautica