Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Silvia spotting out here in Cali

ou812

So I'm out here in SoCal for a week on business and upon leaving LBA and heading up the 5 Freeway I spotted a Silvia. Never saw one in peson before, only in Gran Tourismo 3. Def. looks better in person. So what's the deal with this car? Windows were tinted but I could tell it was a right hand drive so I guess it's a limited import and I spotted an intercooler in the front grille so obviously it not NA.

Guest brwneydtrouble

Lucky. A few weeks ago I saw a beautiful Skyline at the weekly bike hangout. So sad that we didn't get these cars in the US, such a shame. The 240 is such a sorry replacement.

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Lucky. A few weeks ago I saw a beautiful Skyline at the weekly bike hangout. So sad that we didn't get these cars in the US, such a shame. The 240 is such a sorry replacement.

Skyline I have yet to see, except in that sorry excuse for a movie 2 Fast 2 Furious, read about that Skyline in Road & Track or something, pretty slick car. 2 nitrous bottle in place of a passengers seat :laugh:

Guest saleen351

Not for nothing, but if these cars, mrclaren, skyline porsche etc were so great they would build them for the largest economy on earth. Heck California alone is the 5th largest economy on earth. It makes little sense to build these cars with no expectation of selling them in America. There has got to be a reason:

1. lack of demand

2. can't pass american standards

3. if they do pass american safety standards the cars aren't in a exotic or super performance class anymore

4. overpriced for what you get

5. simply cant' compete with the z06, cobra, SS F bodies, viper and the current crop of imports....

Fact remains, take a skyline, make it drivable in america and what do u have? overpriced crap a cobra could spank..

for a buck 25 you can buy a street legal, automatic grocery getting that runs 10's and hits a verified 226mph.... why waste your money on crap just because no one elese has one??

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by bigpoppanils

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

youre kidding right?

the data doesn't lie

0-60 1/4 mile Lat Braking Top Peak Peak Curb Source

Skyline GTRs (sec) (sc-mph) g (sp-ft) Spd HP/RPM TQ/RPM Wght (date)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

89 5.0 13.5 --- --- -- --- --- 280/6800 260/4400 ???? MM 8/89

91 4.2 12.9 105 .88 70 152 162 350/6800 325/4400 ???? CD 3/91

93 HKS Zero R 3.1 11.0 --- --- -- --- --- 450/7500 361/6000 ???? RT 3/95

93 Trust 3.0 9.7 --- --- -- --- 207 630/8500 ???/???? ???? RT 3/95

95 4.3 12.7 --- --- -- --- --- 280/6800 272/4400 ???? PC 6/95

95 4.6 ---- --- --- -- --- --- 280/6800 272/4400 ???? SCI9/95

now, take this car, bolt on parts to make it pass american standards and what do u have? a car that would loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooose to a cobra...

oh wait i just found the american numbers

R33 specifications as tested by Car and Driver December 1995

R34 Specifications as tested by Road and Track February 1999

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

car is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

game

set

match

you clowns like hype, not facts

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by barslut

lets over look shitty american build quaity and ergonomics.

yea, lets shift with our left hands in a skyline:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you guys make me sick, always liking something foreign, yet the americans just do it better... If you want to talk about great foreign cars, then do so, but leave this crap off of here, it's garbage...

e55amg, now thats a fucking car, 12.4's luxury car...

Originally posted by saleen351

yea, lets shift with our left hands in a skyline:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you guys make me sick, always liking something foreign, yet the americans just do it better... If you want to talk about great foreign cars, then do so, but leave this crap off of here, it's garbage...

e55amg, now thats a fucking car, 12.4's luxury car...

but american transmissions suck...

no joke.. look at the mustang gt auto tranny... cant even withstand a normal neutral drop... american build quality sucks...

Originally posted by cintron

u know, the rest of the world drives on the other side of the road. Even with the steering wheel on the other side, i'll put the ergonomics of any japanese sports car up against any american car. There is NOTHING impressive about american ergo.

as for speed - dude, you DO know stock skyline GTR's pack around 327 hp [285 rated] and run ET's around 12.8, right?

An exhaust, intake and boost controller give them low 12's with ease... which is nice, considering the car was designed primarily for roadracing, not for drag.

ACtually, I believe only 3 countries drive on the left hand side of the road. I think it's England, India, and Japan.

Originally posted by ou812

ACtually, I believe only 3 countries drive on the left hand side of the road. I think it's England, India, and Japan.

Actually, according to this website, this is how it breaks down:

http://www.travel-library.com/general/driving/drive_which_side.html#listofcountries

drivemap.gif

So the majority of the world does drive on the right hand side.

Originally posted by ou812

Actually, according to this website, this is how it breaks down:

http://www.travel-library.com/general/driving/drive_which_side.html#listofcountries

drivemap.gif

So the majority of the world does drive on the right hand side.

no...the majority of the world drives on the left hand side of the car

the color code of that map is wrong

UGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Did anyone actually bother to read the article????

R - Drive on the right-hand side of the road (and mostly the driver sits on the left side of the car).

L - Drive on the left-hand side of the road (and mostly the driver sits on the right side of the car).