Clubplanet Nightlife Community

*Be Seen* Grand Opening This Saturday (9.20.03) @ Taste

What time did you eat Frankie???

We got there pretty early. Must have been 7:30. There were only a handful of people there.

The waiter we had was pretty good. He also comped the pasta. The problem is it left a bad impression with everyone in my party for the night.

I was so hungry after dinner, I had to order dessert. Maybe I'm just too big of a dessert eater, but the piece of cake was the size 3 quarters! I ate it with two forkfuls.

"The donger need food!"

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by FrankieGunz

Now with the music early on. If I didn't know any better, I thought the village people were throwing a bash in there before 10:30. Michael Jackson, Duran Duran, Jackson5? For a trendy lounge, that was some gay music early on. Try some ambient next time.

Not bashing the place or being a hater, just posting my opinion.

never been to an upscale lounge in nyc i can tell...

Originally posted by jerrycxtacy

never been to an upscale lounge in nyc i can tell...

Can you really tell Mr. John Edwards? If you could, you would not have started the night out with that gay music.

I've been to most of the NYC lounges. The lounges that I've heard that type of music, stuck with it all night.

I've never been to lounge that started out with the village people and michael jackson and then would jump into trance.

And again, that was my opinion, if you can't take my opinion, get out of the business!

:blown:

I am the promoter at Taste, it's my party.

Have you been to guastavino's??

B'lo ??

Flow??

Sessa??

Show??

On their busy nights? If so then you know that they play 80's music hip hop and tribal and progressive house (not trance).

For you to not be happy with the music I apologize man really, but I got emails Instant messages PM's and people calling me saying that the music was kick ass that are in triple digits. We mix it up and thats why we are successful there. Just like the NYC lounges above do.

For the record I have the playlist from saturday and there were no villiage people songs played.

Duran duran, MJ, prince, madonna.... this is all in style again man.

Originally posted by FrankieGunz

Can you really tell Mr. John Edwards? If you could, you would not have started the night out with that gay music.

I've been to most of the NYC lounges. The lounges that I've heard that type of music, stuck with it all night.

I've never been to lounge that started out with the village people and michael jackson and then would jump into trance.

And again, that was my opinion, if you can't take my opinion, get out of the business!

:blown:

:confused: im like confused.. but everytime i go to an upscale lounge in the city, they all play pretty much the same thing.. hip-hop.oldschool & 80's... some house too..... but never have i gone someplace that went right to trance afterwards....

I think you guys are missing my point.

What I'm trying to tell you is that I've never been to a lounge on a Sat. night that started out with that type of music and went into progressive house like Taste did. It did not blend well.

And to Jerry, yes, I've been to lounges that play a mix of 80's, hip hop and dance. BUT, they play that all night. Do you see my point?

I would try a nice ambient mix while dinner is still being served. I had the Safety Dance in my head all the next day.