Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Trying to Gain Weight?

daillestmattyg

EAT EAT EAT EAT. I'm guessing that you're working out? Last year I put on 30 pounds in about two months-

half cup oatmeal before the gym

protein shake after with a banana, creatine and glutamine

peanut butter sandwich snack on oat bread snack

protein shake with banana and glutamine

Lunch- chicken or fish and baked potato or sweet potato

peanut butter sandwich snack on oat bread snack

protein shake with banana

Dinner- whatever, just making sure it had at least 50 grams protein and a good amount of carbs

Protein shake with banana before bed

I know it sounds like a lot because it is. I also chilled on the cardio for a while and rested a little longer between sets (two minutes) I lifted heavier weights for fewer reps.

about gaining weight and yes I am trying to gain weight because the more muscle I put on the stronger I will be which will help me sprint. My eating habits are in the morning I have either egg whites and toast or 2 packets of oatmeal and 1 scoop of protein and 1 tablespoon of protein with cup and 1/2 of milk lunch I eat an egg white/grilled chicken wrap or subway turkey breast sandwich dinner I have another shake....my times are for the 400m dash 54 seconds 800m dash 201 looking to break 2 minutes and even better so thats why im willing to try juice....please help elite and whoever else thinks they know what can help me? My track season starts early December by the way thanks

matt

First off, throw the scale away. A scale does not let you know much if you are into quality gains.

There are times i have Juiced & actually lost wieght but gotten much bigger & stronger. Its all about body composition. If you lose 15 lbs of fat & gain 15 lbs of muscle, will the scale tell a fair picture of your gains?

Will you be subject to testing? are you an aspiring olympic or collegiate hopeful?

Thanks,

B. Johnson

Originally posted by daillestmattyg

about gaining weight and yes I am trying to gain weight because the more muscle I put on the stronger I will be which will help me sprint. My eating habits are in the morning I have either egg whites and toast or 2 packets of oatmeal and 1 scoop of protein and 1 tablespoon of protein with cup and 1/2 of milk lunch I eat an egg white/grilled chicken wrap or subway turkey breast sandwich dinner I have another shake....my times are for the 400m dash 54 seconds 800m dash 201 looking to break 2 minutes and even better so thats why im willing to try juice....please help elite and whoever else thinks they know what can help me? My track season starts early December by the way thanks

matt

TIME OUT!!

I'm not sure how much you weigh now but there's no way if you pack on the pounds, that you're going to break sub 2 for the 800.

This seems more like a training issue than anything else - you're probably looking to build up your 400 speed to help you with your splits in the 800.

What types of running workout have you done in the past and what are you willing to do improve your times?

I have PR's of 47.94 in the 400 and 1:50.98 in the 800, and I help train athletes on the side, so maybe I can give you a hand.

just in case no one else said it eat, eat, eat, eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat

hope this helps

your welcome

jay cutler

Originally posted by spragga25

TIME OUT!!

I'm not sure how much you weigh now but there's no way if you pack on the pounds, that you're going to break sub 2 for the 800.

This seems more like a training issue than anything else - you're probably looking to build up your 400 speed to help you with your splits in the 800.

What types of running workout have you done in the past and what are you willing to do improve your times?

I have PR's of 47.94 in the 400 and 1:50.98 in the 800, and I help train athletes on the side, so maybe I can give you a hand.

im willing to do ANYTHING! i run 400m workouts with 80 seconds 75 second 70 seconds 65 seconds then an all out to end the workout i have run 20 200's any many other diff workouts my coach is very talented but I really believe in getting stronger it will make me faster

Originally posted by daillestmattyg

im willing to do ANYTHING! i run 400m workouts with 80 seconds 75 second 70 seconds 65 seconds then an all out to end the workout i have run 20 200's any many other diff workouts my coach is very talented but I really believe in getting stronger it will make me faster

The way I learned was through repitition...I had to teach my body how to run splits. My 400 meter PR at the end of my Junior year was 56.9. By running heavy mileage the next fall...doing lots of 200, 400, and 800 repeats and intervals in the winter...by the end of my senior year I ran high 49's.

Thinking about running splits is simple...I went out in 24 and could come back in 25. Training your body to do that is whole different matter.

You should certainly do some weight training to help with your aerobic conditioning...elite could give you something for that.

I can give you a 3 month program if you like to get you on your way. Just let me know