Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Alcohol and Weight Loss

lizard23

I have come to the conclusion that my frequent drinking is the reason for the extra weight that I have. I eat very well for the most part and I try to do half an hour of light jogging a day, 5 days a week, but I feel like I'm not seeing any results. I know jogging isn't the most intense workout, but that in combination with my healthy eating habits should make a difference. So here's my question - if I completely stopped drinking for a month (which would mean eating a little better on the weekends too b/c when you're hungover all you want to eat is grease), could I see a major difference, say a loss of 10 to 20 pounds? I drink to get wasted 2-3 nights a week and just to have a few beers 1-2 nights a week, so I'm hoping it will get me somewhere. If and when I want to have a drink agian - what's best as far as low calorie, maybe vodka and diet coke? Suggestions needed, so feel free to comment....

Thanks!

Hi.

When i was younger & into going out every single weekend, i would drink heavily Thursday-Sunday, as well as "drunk eat" some shitty food. I would consume litterally a few extra thousand fatty calories. However due to hard training & proper supplmentation i was still able to remain fairly lean. Then i planned a trip to cancun & wanted to look better than i ever did.

I did everything exactly the same as i always have except i didnt have one single drink of alcohol for about 6 weeks. I also cut the cheat days down to sunday only. I was able to get prettty hard (see avatar) just by eliminating alcohol from the equation.

And i was still able to go out & have fun. Instead of alcohol, i did X, K, & G. :laugh: Remember its not about health, its about looking good :laugh:

But now i do drink socially & i try to cut calories where i can & usually opt for Rum & diet coke alternated with hits from my trusty little $50 bag of coke.

Enjoy & hope this helps.

Regards,

Brandy76

It is hard to say how much you will loose - but the food intake definately goes way up when drinking, which is one problem.

another problem is that there have been studies that have shown that protein metabism goes down for 24 hours after alchohol consumption. Which is extremely bad - if you don't want to burn muscle while trying to loose fat.

Nautica

i think most ppl go through this...i was positive that my wieght gain was due to alcohol...and i was right.. i gave it up for 5 months <which was probably the longest 5 months of my life> but it worked amazingly ...i lost just about 50lbs and completely cut up ...got in the best shape of my life...the pics are floating around here somwhere...so i deffinetly suggest it. i dont know if ull lose 20lbs but im sure ull feel much healthier and deffinetly deffinetly be happy with the results....

good luck

Originally posted by tommyarmani

Hi.

When i was younger & into going out every single weekend, i would drink heavily Thursday-Sunday, as well as "drunk eat" some shitty food. I would consume litterally a few extra thousand fatty calories. However due to hard training & proper supplmentation i was still able to remain fairly lean. Then i planned a trip to cancun & wanted to look better than i ever did.

I did everything exactly the same as i always have except i didnt have one single drink of alcohol for about 6 weeks. I also cut the cheat days down to sunday only. I was able to get prettty hard (see avatar) just by eliminating alcohol from the equation.

And i was still able to go out & have fun. Instead of alcohol, i did X, K, & G. :laugh: Remember its not about health, its about looking good :laugh:

But now i do drink socially & i try to cut calories where i can & usually opt for Rum & diet coke alternated with hits from my trusty little $50 bag of coke.

Enjoy & hope this helps.

Regards,

Brandy76

:laugh: When I use to get banged up I found out that when I took pills I looked good but the day after I felt so weak and could tell I lost weight. Now I just drink and I notice the shitty condition the next day but nothing compared to how shitty I felt after pills. I think I am gunna try to cut drinking for a little and see if I can see a difference.

I really do think that I will benefit from giving it up for awhile and then incorporating it back in slowly and much more healthy (i.e. 2-3 vodka or rums with diet soda vs. 6-10 beers per night.) Plus, it's time to stop putting my body (and my bank account) through so much in one weekend. I estimate that I drink anywhere from 2-30 beers a week and that is a lot of calories that my body will not be getting from now on, so I can't see it not making a difference. Plus, the only time I eat fast food or unhealthy stuff is when I'm drinking and/or hungover, so that should help too. I'm not looking at this as a diet per say, but as a healthy lifestyle change in the long run.

Originally posted by lizard23

I really do think that I will benefit from giving it up for awhile and then incorporating it back in slowly and much more healthy (i.e. 2-3 vodka or rums with diet soda vs. 6-10 beers per night.) Plus, it's time to stop putting my body (and my bank account) through so much in one weekend. I estimate that I drink anywhere from 2-30 beers a week and that is a lot of calories that my body will not be getting from now on, so I can't see it not making a difference. Plus, the only time I eat fast food or unhealthy stuff is when I'm drinking and/or hungover, so that should help too. I'm not looking at this as a diet per say, but as a healthy lifestyle change in the long run.

I hear ya, when you are hung over & starving, I just run to Mcdonalds & down #1 sup-A Sized w/ Hi c, 6 piece Mcnuggetts, extra big mac, extra fries...

THE last thing i want is chicken breast w/ vegetables in this condition.