Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who else besides me thinks Nerve's sound system is loud

Bling

Originally posted by nerveguy

WELL SAID, FUCK THAT NO JOB HAVING FAT FUCK....

i guess no thread is complete with out your . 02...........very intelligent, shouldn't you be home studying for your green card? rather than being nasty .................

i guess no shot of digital 7 moving this post right, because it has so much musical intelligence attached to it

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351

jon, i don't care how clear, how powerful how awesome that system is, last night at voodoo lounge, they kept the volume down and slowly built it up, it was awesome, we drank and talked to people, then got into the music later on. This is something you guys don't do, you guys crank it up so loud, it's not fun being there. Fact remains to many clubs pay so much money for a dj, and they loose their patience since they are under stress because if the night flops they are out a bundle of cash, so they crank it up early on, but at clubs with no name djs no one worries about it. I wish nerve all the luck in the world but you guys really need to take a look at that set up you have. It's not working, perfect example is karma in lauderdale, they refuse to fire the bartenders who are sooooooooo slow it takes a long time to get a drink, and the music is so loud and they have it cranked up at 11pm, and now one goes anymore. They are just waiting for the condos to be done, to revitalize them, but it won't work, the fundmentals are all out wack. Karma is a lounge who has the system at levels of a club , and nerve is.... well we don't know, lounge or club, but it's clear, you can't play the music louder then space, in a rooms that size... You've worked hard to keep that place going, and i know you have big plans, but stop and take a look at the little things that you can fix now, it might make all the difference in the world. Its the same reason why people hang outside of rock bars, cause only crack heads can put up with it that loud. When i'm at nerve, i run for the vip, so i can get away from the sound, but after a while we give up, and stand there talking to no one all night. I'm not bashing you guys at all, i want it to work, i don't have to wear my bullet proof vest over ther, it's far from that ghetto scene of central sobe.

I"m not gonna come to see jimmy spin, and have to yell all night, especially from 11pm till 1am, the social drinking hours...

ps book the guy in my sig please:D

Originally posted by saleen351

jon, i don't care how clear, how powerful how awesome that system is, last night at voodoo lounge, they kept the volume down and slowly built it up, it was awesome, we drank and talked to people, then got into the music later on. This is something you guys don't do, you guys crank it up so loud, it's not fun being there. Fact remains to many clubs pay so much money for a dj, and they loose their patience since they are under stress because if the night flops they are out a bundle of cash, so they crank it up early on, but at clubs with no name djs no one worries about it. I wish nerve all the luck in the world but you guys really need to take a look at that set up you have. It's not working, perfect example is karma in lauderdale, they refuse to fire the bartenders who are sooooooooo slow it takes a long time to get a drink, and the music is so loud and they have it cranked up at 11pm, and now one goes anymore. They are just waiting for the condos to be done, to revitalize them, but it won't work, the fundmentals are all out wack. Karma is a lounge who has the system at levels of a club , and nerve is.... well we don't know, lounge or club, but it's clear, you can't play the music louder then space, in a rooms that size... You've worked hard to keep that place going, and i know you have big plans, but stop and take a look at the little things that you can fix now, it might make all the difference in the world. Its the same reason why people hang outside of rock bars, cause only crack heads can put up with it that loud. When i'm at nerve, i run for the vip, so i can get away from the sound, but after a while we give up, and stand there talking to no one all night. I'm not bashing you guys at all, i want it to work, i don't have to wear my bullet proof vest over ther, it's far from that ghetto scene of central sobe.

I"m not gonna come to see jimmy spin, and have to yell all night, especially from 11pm till 1am, the social drinking hours...

ps book the guy in my sig please:D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

wow now that was a great post, i knew i stuck up for you so many times before when the entire cp. board was battling you for a reason ................and just for the record its 100% the clubs fault and who is watching the system ........it is not that the rig is to big or anything else,

I agree with your post 1000% - it is a fact that the new DJ's that are coming up through the ranks have no idea how to take a night from a-z, they have no idea how do the peak and valley thing or how to build excitement into a night........... Programing is a foreign word to them & means nothing to them.......that's why a lot of them are BORING - most of them just get on the turntables and TEAR SHIT UP AT FULL VOLUME STARTING 15 MIN AFTER THE DOORS OPEN........this problem runs rampant in almost every club from sobe to w. palm not only at nerve.

if you came to see at nerve satoshi or Roger Sanchez you would understand what i am talking about, these guys take you on a musically journey from a-z and the sound always sounds pristine..........that's also another reason why the place is full at closing time, they know how to groove the people till the end, not bombard them and chase them out at 3:30am or sooner like when the open bar is finished .................bottom line there is much more to djing than getting up to the booth and mixing 2 records together at full volume......also there is much more to promoting than picking up a phone and calling a booking agency that handles 25 DJ's and closing your eyes and picking this weeks DJ

i take my hat off to you saleen you are 1000% correct in your post

Originally posted by stormentgroup

i guess no thread is complete with out your . 02...........very intelligent, shouldn't you be home studying for your green card? rather than being nasty .................

i guess no shot of digital 7 moving this post right, because it has so much musical intelligence attached to it

I had my green card stupid fuck, and as of sept 10th i am an american Citizen after 21 years paying taxes in this country,

when was the last time you paid taxes stupid fuck.

Oh i forgot you need a job in order to pay taxes....

Pathetic you are i tell you...:laugh: :laugh:

I had my green card stupid fuck, and as of sept 10th i am an american Citizen after 21 years paying taxes in this country,

when was the last time you paid taxes stupid fuck.

Oh i forgot you need a job in order to pay taxes....

Pathetic you are i tell you...:laugh: :laugh:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow..................you finally passed your test for your green card in just under 22 years, great job, i am really happy for you. i knew you could do it, great job !!!!!!!!.............now all you need to do is to learn how to read and write ENGLISH a little better (in my opinion) so your posts are not filled with ghetto third word curses, this way you will be able to articulate much better what you are trying to say..........................WELCOME TO AMERICA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow..................you finally passed your test for your green card in just under 22 years, great job, i am really happy for you. i knew you could do it, great job !!!!!!!!.............now all you need to do is to learn how to read and write ENGLISH a little better (in my opinion) so your posts are not filled with ghetto third word curses, this way you will be able to articulate much better what you are trying to say..........................WELCOME TO AMERICA

Mr. Storms, thanks for the confidence level you give me, I guess you forget what I have achieved in the last 22 years in relation to your major success, I have had a green card for 22 years Einstein there is no other way to get into this country, I just became a citizen this month. But who cares this is about Nerve and you have nothing to do with it, so buzz off, no one wants to hear your shit, and further more, no one likes you, so why are you still around?

Don’t let me start a new threat on “who likes Michael Storms†because I do not think you can handle the embarrassment , so got back to bed, there is no meaning to your life.

Mr. Storms, thanks for the confidence level you give me, I guess you forget what I have achieved in the last 22 years in relation to your major success, I have had a green card for 22 years Einstein there is no other way to get into this country, I just became a citizen this month. But who cares this is about Nerve and you have nothing to do with it, so buzz off, no one wants to hear your shit, and further more, no one likes you, so why are you still around?

Don’t let me start a new threat on “who likes Michael Storms†because I do not think you can handle the embarrassment , so got back to bed, there is no meaning to your life.

-----------------------------

My bad, I stand corrected. See unlike you, not only was I was born in this country, but I was born into wealth as well..............so I can sit on the cp. chat room all day & night if I so choose and not worry about a thing for the rest of my life............ (you know when my family is not donating new wings to hospitals or attending polo matches)

I'm sorry I don't know all the immigration laws apparently as well as you do (for obvious reasons) , and I can't really relate to my parents being flat broke or living in a shack without running water and having to come to the PROMISE LAND......it must be a struggle for those people (who ever they are) who had that kind of life and I truly feel bad for them..............

As far nerve goes, unfortunately we don't make up the rules as we go along in America, there are LAWS and as much as you probably don't like it I do own A substantial percentage of the club, so when its all said and done because of your actions you will be very lucky if you don't wind up with criminal charges against you...........(in my humble opinion) .............................you had numerous opportunities to handle the nerve situation fairly, but you decided you know better, and you would try and screw me, so now you have to deal with the Legal consequences.....NOW THAT'S AMERICA!!!!!

also i have asked you many times, please go over your posts before you post them, you look foolish when they look like a 3 year old wrote them............" so got back to bed".....................if you need help send them to me and i will happy to proof them for you

thanks

Back on topic for a moment...if that's ok...

I was at Nerve on Friday night and had a blast.

It's been a very long time since I went out and ran into that many people I knew. From the CP peeps to the old school Sobe crowd, they were all represented. I even got to hang out with my old pal Gerry Kelly for a while and laughed my ass off. It really felt good in there.

As for Saleen's "lounge vs club" thing, I don't know. It does feel like a club in the main room and a lounge in the VIP. I dig that...sort of. All I know is that I think of Nerve as a "club" and I think it packs a good punch for its size.

When I got there around 12:00, Jon was on. The sound was great. Not too loud...clear as a bell...deep bottom that you felt in your chest...plenty of sizzle. Jon was playing a very cool set. During the fashion show he dropped a couple of old classics and set a great mood. As it got closer to time for Lee, he made a really smooth transition into some more funky, minimal, proggy stuff that I really dug. All in all, I thought his set was well planned and perfect for the night.

Then it went a little south, (in my opinion). The light guy, (who, by the way, thought it was very funny to shine a red laser pointer on the crotch of every model in the fashion show), is a fucking disaster. I can count the times he payed attention to the music on one hand. He missed every opportunity to enhance the vibe but never missed an opportunity to hit the strobes. At one point, my wife had to leave the room because it was making her sick. Jon, the guy is not good at his job and is an embarrassment.

As Lee came on the volume was notched up all at once. It was still good, clear sound...BUT WAY TOO LOUD. Sorry, I know the arguement has been club or lounge, but it should be loud vs too loud. I left at about 3 AM mostly because of the lights but also because of the volume. My ears hurt for hours after I left. Funny thing is that I went to Crobar after Nerve. Same clear Phazon sound and a REAL club vibe and it was easy to hang on the dancefloor and in the booth. You don't have to hurt people to be a club.

I love what you're doing at Nerve. It's good for the scene and Dance Music in general. I dig the vibe in there on Fridays and would be a regular if it was a little less painful to the ears and the eyes.

I don't know what's really going on between you guys and Michael but don't you think that it would be best handled between you guys in private? None of my business and I do get a good laugh reading it, but I can't help but think it's bad for a good club.

Just my $.02

Dade

Originally posted by ogmiami

It's been a very long time since I went out and ran into that many people I knew. From the CP peeps to the old school Sobe crowd, they were all represented. I even got to hang out with my old pal Gerry Kelly for a while and laughed my ass off. It really felt good in there.

As for Saleen's "lounge vs club" thing, I don't know. It does feel like a club in the main room and a lounge in the VIP. I dig that...sort of. All I know is that I think of Nerve as a "club" and I think it packs a good punch for its size.

When I got there around 12:00, Jon was on. The sound was great. Not too loud...clear as a bell...deep bottom that you felt in your chest...plenty of sizzle. Jon was playing a very cool set. During the fashion show he dropped a couple of old classics and set a great mood. As it got closer to time for Lee, he made a really smooth transition into some more funky, minimal, proggy stuff that I really dug. All in all, I thought his set was well planned and perfect for the night.

Then it went a little south, (in my opinion). The light guy, (who, by the way, thought it was very funny to shine a red laser pointer on the crotch of every model in the fashion show), is a fucking disaster. I can count the times he payed attention to the music on one hand. He missed every opportunity to enhance the vibe but never missed an opportunity to hit the strobes. At one point, my wife had to leave the room because it was making her sick. Jon, the guy is not good at his job and is an embarrassment.

As Lee came on the volume was notched up all at once. It was still good, clear sound...BUT WAY TOO LOUD. Sorry, I know the arguement has been club or lounge, but it should be loud vs too loud. I left at about 3 AM mostly because of the lights but also because of the volume. My ears hurt for hours after I left. Funny thing is that I went to Crobar after Nerve. Same clear Phazon sound and a REAL club vibe and it was easy to hang on the dancefloor and in the booth. You don't have to hurt people to be a club.

I love what you're doing at Nerve. It's good for the scene and Dance Music in general. I dig the vibe in there on Fridays and would be a regular if it was a little less painful to the ears and the eyes.

I don't know what's really going on between you guys and Michael but don't you think that it would be best handled between you guys in private? None of my business and I do get a good laugh reading it, but I can't help but think it's bad for a good club.

Just my $.02

Dade

------------------------------

dade,

fantastic write up as usual, in reference to the nerve, no one has worked harder or cares more about the club more than me, every good idea that nerve has, seems to come from me (including the sound system, the size of the booth, it all comes through my connection w/ dash and phazon)....and i can't begin to tell you as both a professional DJ, lover of all types of music and a club owner, how heartbreaking it is to see people bash the system just because they don't know how to use it correctly, the same goes with the top of the line comar lighting i supplied the club with at dealer cost.

Me & roman ricardo one of NYC top - DJ's, (1018, tunnel, roxy, paradise garage etc,) promoters, and owners for the last 25 years did everything good from a-z and walked in one day to work and my partners decided to just change the locks on my own club. Can you imagine!!!!!!!!!...................It is a sad situation that they have exposed themselves to and unfortunately the legal system takes a little time to run its course.

but please be assured that there are lawsuits on the way for both the "entity nerve" and individually for all the players involved. this legal matter i am sure will be in private but just as you have stated, the posts have been very entertaining to say the least

Originally posted by ogmiami

Just my $.02

Dade

dade,

you are a gentleman and a scholar and I thankyou both for your kind words and for your critisizm. Friday was awsome and the mix of people was amazing. Seeing everyone from yourself, to gerry kelly, to maxwell blandford, to jerry powers,ect ect ect all in one place was amazing. I agree with your comments about the lights being way too "strobe heavy" and I will deal with that. I personally thought the sound was set for the entire evening during my set but Lee and several other people on the dancefloor were asking us to turn it up. I never thought it got ear peircing but maybe it was a bit too much and I will keep a tight eye on that. As for the things with Mr. Storms, agreed - should be kept behind closed doors but michael doesn't seem to have the tact to do that... oh well, such is life and karma will certainly come around. As for Nerve, our fridays are getting stronger by the week and I anticipate we will keep our momentum as we are moving into season. I do hope we get too see more of you dade and I thankyou for your honesty and valor. Hope too see you along with the entire "old school" crew again this week for james zabiela.

best regards.

Jon:hat:

------------------------------

dade,

fantastic write up as usual, in reference to the nerve, no one has worked harder or cares more about the club more than me, every good idea that nerve has, seems to come from me (including the sound system, the size of the booth, it all comes through my connection w/ dash and phazon)....and i can't begin to tell you as both a professional DJ, lover of all types of music and a club owner, how heartbreaking it is to see people bash the system just because they don't know how to use it correctly, the same goes with the top of the line comar lighting i supplied the club with at dealer cost.

Me & roman ricardo one of NYC top - DJ's, (1018, tunnel, roxy, paradise garage etc,) promoters, and owners for the last 25 years did everything good from a-z and walked in one day to work and my partners decided to just change the locks on my own club. Can you imagine!!!!!!!!!...................It is a sad situation that they have exposed themselves to and unfortunately the legal system takes a little time to run its course.

but please be assured that there are lawsuits on the way for both the "entity nerve" and individually for all the players involved. this legal matter i am sure will be in private but just as you have stated, the posts have been very entertaining to say the least

please give it a rest already michael...its old by now...

Originally posted by jcbliss

please give it a rest already michael...its old by now...

now what's the problem Jon, i said dade made a great post, i thought i had a good post and its all good, what's getting old? .... this entire thing will be a great lesson learned for everyone............how you gonna explain to your dad how you DJ for free and went around town telling everyone your an owner of the club and wound up smack in the middle of a lawsuit, that you will be forced to defend........and if that was not bad enough rumor has it that your Fridays are numbered ALA Jerry k....so at the end of the day what are you going to wind up with ZERO.....or should i say a negative ............seems weird to me...........than to boot where you gonna play at? maybe you need to head back to the UK with your mates for a gig...........................you have booked enough random DJ's over the past several months to get a "reciprocal gig" I'm sure .... so its all good i guess

i don't even understand why you answered my last post, i did not say one thing about you in it! how many times are you gonna smack the bees nest before you just leave it alone

again the negativity kills me... read my post above that one before you comment.. secondly, its you who has no idea what you speak of.. get your facts straight before you air them to the world... or even better - just keep making a fool of yourself... its wonderful evening humor to all of us..

dade,

you are a gentleman and a scholar and I thankyou both for your kind words and for your critisizm. Friday was awsome and the mix of people was amazing. Seeing everyone from yourself, to gerry kelly, to maxwell blandford, to jerry powers,ect ect ect all in one place was amazing. I agree with your comments about the lights being way too "strobe heavy" and I will deal with that. I personally thought the sound was set for the entire evening during my set but Lee and several other people on the dancefloor were asking us to turn it up. I never thought it got ear peircing but maybe it was a bit too much and I will keep a tight eye on that. As for the things with Mr. Storms, agreed - should be kept behind closed doors but michael doesn't seem to have the tact to do that... oh well, such is life and karma will certainly come around. As for Nerve, our fridays are getting stronger by the week and I anticipate we will keep our momentum as we are moving into season. I do hope we get too see more of you dade and I thankyou for your honesty and valor. Hope too see you along with the entire "old school" crew again this week for james zabiela.

best regards.

Jon:hat:

by the way - this was my answer to dades comment if you care to read it...

now what's the problem Jon, i said dade made a great post, i thought i had a good post and its all good, what's getting old? .... this entire thing will be a great lesson learned for everyone............how you gonna explain to your dad how you DJ for free and went around town telling everyone your an owner of the club and wound up smack in the middle of a lawsuit, that you will be forced to defend........and if that was not bad enough rumor has it that your Fridays are numbered ALA Jerry k....so at the end of the day what are you going to wind up with ZERO.....or should i say a negative ............seems weird to me...........than to boot where you gonna play at? maybe you need to head back to the UK with your mates for a gig...........................you have booked enough random DJ's over the past several months to get a "reciprocal gig" I'm sure .... so its all good i guess

i don't even understand why you answered my last post, i did not say one thing about you in it! how many times are you gonna smack the bees nest before you just leave it alone

get your facts straight.. Gerry K is a friend of mine and any involvement is of his is my doing... what we are doing now doesn't concern you anyways so mind your own probs.. I'd concentrate on your own career anyways, my bookings as a dj are plenyfull, I am signed to the bigest agency in the world www.cosmack.co.uk , my involvement in nerve is enjoyable and profitable contrary to your thoughts, and my career in real estate is currently thriving with several projects on the go..... also got some major plans that just aren't your business so stop concentrating on others lives and worry about yourself... Your in your 40's, living in a hotel room, you have no job and no dj gigs - doing great bud - keep up the good work.. now stop this crap michael - your just proving what an ass you truely are on a daily basis... this board is about the postives of the scene and the advancement and knowledge of music.... stop the crap storms - we're tired of it!

too all the others - thanks for the continued support

get your facts straight.. Gerry K is a friend of mine and any involvement is of his is my doing... what we are doing now doesn't concern you anyways so mind your own probs.. I'd concentrate on your own career anyways, my bookings as a dj are plenyfull, I am signed to the bigest agency in the world www.cosmack.co.uk , my involvement in nerve is enjoyable and profitable contrary to your thoughts, and my career in real estate is currently thriving with several projects on the go..... also got some major plans that just aren't your business so stop concentrating on others lives and worry about yourself... Your in your 40's, living in a hotel room, you have no job and no dj gigs - doing great bud - keep up the good work.. now stop this crap michael - your just proving what an ass you truely are on a daily basis... this board is about the postives of the scene and the advancement and knowledge of music.... stop the crap storms - we're tired of it!

WELL SAID PARTNER. LOSERS LIKE ATTENTION....

---------------------

I went to the site and apparently you forgot to tell your "booking agent" that your bliss label is out of business ( you should update your bio) and also I did pick up that your FIRST GIG WAS AT GROOVE JET (now out of business) .......so lets do the time line you have been playing in clubs what 3 years...........

As far as you getting plentiful bookings (as you claim) , not according to your calendar on the web site YOU SEEM TO BE WIDE OPEN..............

Strait up it looks like to be your friend Anthony pappa made a call and they threw you into the rooster as a favor to him......NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS..............

Stop with the bullshit and ass kissing and I bet someday you could be a very good DJ............

---------------------

I went to the site and apparently you forgot to tell your "booking agent" that your bliss label is out of business ( you should update your bio) and also I did pick up that your FIRST GIG WAS AT GROOVE JET (now out of business) .......so lets do the time line you have been playing in clubs what 3 years...........

As far as you getting plentiful bookings (as you claim) , not according to your calendar on the web site YOU SEEM TO BE WIDE OPEN..............

Strait up it looks like to be your friend Anthony pappa made a call and they threw you into the rooster as a favor to him......NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS..............

Stop with the bullshit and ass kissing and I bet someday you could be a very good DJ............

LET'S RESOLVE THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL...

---------------------

listen asshole - first off, bliss is not out of business - we have a very alive and kicking vinyl label distributed through intergroove. Just released pete lazonbys wavespeach about a month and a half ago and sold nearly 5,000 units thus far.. We have about 8 unreleased tracks to go including tracks by jimmy van M, terra diva, filterheads, revolt, Kazell & mike hiratzka, oliver moldan, Tilt and many other signings on the way - but thats not your business... secondly - so what if groovejet is out of business, it was one of the best clubs in the country and I was a resident -I played every saturday along with Luis Diaz and did a monthly party on the friday with dave seaman which for your info was nearly 6 yrs ago, by the way, groovejet has been closed since 99 so again your 3 yr notation is straight out of your big fat ass! - FACT but again not your business, thirdly - I am playing dominican republic in three weeks, lima peru at the end of october, tribehouse in germany in november, spundae in november - but again not your business - last order of business - I have been a part of cosmack long before anthony pappa was - Lynn cosgrave aproached me during my set at paul oakenfolds perfecto party(ever hear of it? were your talented enough to be asked to play for paul?) during wmc and she invited me onto the roster because she was impressed by my set but thats not your business either... For your information, Pappa was only added to the roster about 3 weeks ago - get your fucking facts straight and like I said - concentrate on your own life which is going nowhere quickly not player hating on mine, mario's and everyone elses which are obviously thriving.... Stop this personal attacking - its only showing us all your character on a daily basis - Your a bitter man - maybe some anger management or maybe some mental therapy should be your next move or try getting a job and doing something with your life instead of worrying about others lives - its much more productive that way and maybe you will feel a bit better about yourself........

- To everyone else, I hate this drama but when someone attacks me personally with flat out lies and wrong facts I must respond so I apologise...

best respect to everyone

big FU to mr. storms....

respect

Jon:eek: :D