Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My "Douche of the Week" Award Goes To....

groovefire

Originally posted by groovefire

I heard it on the news last night. I just can't stand these people you think their fame as music, TV or film stars gives them credibility in other forums, such as politics, foreign policy or health care.

As far as Bono is concerned, he has more credibillity in foreign policy and health care than Bush ever had. It's one thing when Miss America says she wants to feed the world, Bono actually tries to do something about it. I don't think he's doing any of this for fame or to sell records, he's using his fame to try and get the rusty wheels of change to move.

I assure you that the President of United States, with his access to scores of advisors and an unfathomable amount of data, not to mention the accountability and scrutiny that comes with his office, is far better equipped to tell us what is the right course to follow in the field of foreign policy than an idealistic rock star could ever be.

I assure you that the President of United States, with his access to scores of advisors and an unfathomable amount of data, not to mention the accountability and scrutiny that comes with his office, is far better equipped to tell us what is the right course to follow in the field of foreign policy than an idealistic rock star could ever be.

Well in this particular instance, all he's doing is trying to get Bush to keep his word.

Now what I'd like to know, is if it's Bush himself, or his scores of advisors with unfathomable amounts of data that just decided out of the blue to short change a program he started?

something probably came up......... like the 87 billion we need for the war in iraq. Or maybe because our economy is in the shitter right now. The president "promises" alot of things, but sometimes shit just does not work out.

And bono is kind of like the united states; he helps out but if he had to choose between helping some people in africa or keeping one of his gigantic houses he will keep the house. And there is nothing wrong with that.

For one thing, it wasn't Bush who cut funds, it was the Senate and the House. But the reality is circumstances change, and the country's priority must remain first and foremost this country. Any aid we are able to provide to other countries such as Africa should be commended, not underappreciated. The suggestion seems to be that they need 3 billion dollars this year, and that 2 billion dollars won't do anything. I find that hard to believe.

For one thing, it wasn't Bush who cut funds, it was the Senate and the House.

Copy and paste

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The President said in Africa this July that "The House of Representatives and the United States Senate must fully fund this initiative, for the good of the people on this continent of Africa,"2 Less than a week later, he sent a letter to Congress asking for 1/3rd less than full funding.3

The law that Bush signed authorized $3 billion a year, but President Bush has requested only $2 billion in his 2004 budget.4 Despite the claim to fully fund the program in the State of the Union, the Bush Administration is now claiming that AIDS service organizations cannot absorb full funding immediately.5 The service organizations themselves disagree with the White House's position.

The Republican-led Foreign Operations subcommittee also disagreed when it approved a doubling of the commitment for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS from $200 million to $400 million, despite a letter from the White House requesting the lower figure. It was later scrapped by the full committee under White House pressure.6

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, the economy was allready in the shitter when he promised them $3 billion.

well first africa is a continent :D

and second the first 2 billion goes to pay off all the absolutly crazy people who run all the different "governments" there.

i mean hello your the number one supplier of diamonds and plutonium , and you have oil and gold and all kinds of shit, but you people are starving and dieing of aids. The only country that has nothing is eithiopia. (there is probably another one but i will not even pretand to know it)

He might of promised it but that was because he was going to visit. I would promise them anything too, they are fuckin crazy over there.

Now i get all my africa info from what i read, and the only thing that makes the news is how crazy they are. i am sure there are some countries where people do not cut peoples heads off with machedes they just do not make the news.