Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Any phat clubs in Europe?

I need info on clubs in Europe. Name is helpful but atmosphere, crowd, nightly events, cover, location, reviews etc is greatly appreciated.

------------------

Any phat clubs in Europe, are you joking. Check out:

Ministry of Sound: London

Home: London (Oakenfold's resident)

Cream: Liverpool, UK (Seb Fontaine)

Gatecrasher@ The Republic, Sheffield, UK

(Judge Jules, Tall Paul Frequent)

IT, Amsterdam (DJ Jean at least he used 2 be)

Roxy, Amsterdam

Renaisance, London (Dave Seaman)

Tunnel, Germany (don't remember the city)

DJ Dan was resident

Pacha and Ibiza, Madrid (depending on the season, check Pippi in Ibiza)

The Republic, Madrid (May have changed names)

You won't go wrong at any of these, is that enough?

------------------

Crowds are fashionable lovers of House and Trance. Expect to pay about 25-30$ (US) for entrance. You may see some high profile people in the London scene. Atmosphere? You will probably run into some Americans, but I knew no one when I went on this club tour. Some venus are dressy, MOS was the most casual I went to. Lots of eye candy at all these places, as the women are some of the most beautiful in the world. From the perspective of an American, it was some of the best clubbing I've ever done, but being from NYC I must give props to the Best Nightlife in the World...New York Baby!!!!!!

------------------

Don't mean to be rude to anyone, but I've been clubbing in New York andLondon and there's no contest, as long as you find the right place in London. Minisrty of Sound is a tourist trap with great DJs and a clueless crowd: I wouldn't bother if you love your clubbing. Try Renaissance @ the Cross, Saturday nights @ Fabric, Indulge @ Mass. Otherwise look for monthly parties by Come Dancing: generally pretty outrageous.

PS: don't mean to be down on NY: had some great nights there including a blinding one at Vinyl about a month ago: Tenaglia fucking rocked it. But for the real deal it's gotta be London baby. Big love.

------------------

No sense in arguing about whose city is better, but Tenaglia definately rocks Vinyl, that's for damn sure. What about the rest of my pics, no critique for them. As for MOS,it may be a tourist trap, and a commercial place, but along with Studio 54 and the days of old at Limelight (NYC), it's a mecca for dance music worldwide. It's longevity and notoriaty are second to none, and definately worth a look in my book. Peace,

Devan J

PS. Tunnel, Limelight, Vinyl, Sound Factory, Exit, Twilo, Life.....all NYC.......I'll take the Pepsi challenge against any clubs in world with that kinda lineup.

------------------

Hey, here is the pepsi chalenge for you:

Pacha, Space, Privelege, Amnesia, El Divino....or just the word Ibiza...I love that place the most fun I have had...One of ma favorite clubs besides Ministry, Tunnel, and other id Oh Marbella,in Marbella, south of Spain. When I waz there, I saw David Morales, Carl Cox, and Deep Dish...newayz...peace

technomaniac

PS what kind of a fucking question is that if there are any good clubs in Europe?!!!

------------------

Gotta agree with technomaniac. I have lived in the NYC area all my life and nothing compares to Ibiza. I went there for the millennium and am going back for the closing parties in September. Oaky on Sept 14. and Van Dyke on the 16th you can't ask for more. WHOO HOO. The closing parties are said to be the best and you also avoid the July/August eurotrash crowd, so the Ibiza locals tell me. I'll take their word for it. Two words Manumission Hotel. Hope your there technomaniac!!!!! Wouldn't want to miss this one. You can even rent a car and don't need a special license and the road rules are the same there as they are here. I LOVE IBIZA!!!!!!

------------------

Here are my favorites so far:

London - Fabric. Yes, it's a mega-club but the space lives up to billing. the sound system is incredible and the architecture is what you think a New York club should look like... lots of exposed brick and woodwork, cool unisex bathrooms, barely any lines for drinks since there are so many different bars, no bullshit door policy (as long as you aren't dressed too preppy or conservative). Friday nights are typically breakbeat/dnb which isn't my thing, and then Saturday nights are minimalist house & trance with DJs like Terry Francis (resident) and the night I went, Timewriter, who was great. This Saturday they have Swayzak and I'm halfway inclined to hop on a jet and get over there for it!! Typical London party crowd - good mix of every type of person, not too gay, not too straight, not too young or old, both women & men, all races, etc... website is at http://www.fabric-london.com/ Was £10 to get in ($16).

London - Mass. It's in Brixton in an old church. Pretty cool spot. They have regular parties that rotate each week, so read the listings and go. http://www.massclub.co.uk/

London - Elements. This is the one I always want to go to, but was never in town at the right time. It's a monthly (or so) event put on by Hooj Choons at various locations. The DJs vary, but usually include Red Jerry who has DJ'd on some of the Deeper Shades of Hooj compilations. Supposedly a GREAT party. They have a web site at http://www.hoojchoons.co.uk/elements/index.htm The site has sample mixes from past nights so you can check out whether you like the vibe.

Paris - Rex. I haven't been to any other Paris clubs but I've been to this one twice. Friday nights are bad with cheesy, hi-NRG euro-trance that they call techno (it isn't). Saturdays, however, have really good house DJ's. The resident is the local Parisian DJ, D'Julz. There was a UK DJ there the last time I went. was about 80FF to get in ($13).

Amsterdam - earth (at Melkweg). Only happens once a month, so check their web site: http://www.earth-link.nl/ Resident DJ Sander Kleinenberg (trance) is great and they have a guest DJ line-up over the next few months that's hard to beat (Sasha, Terry Francis, PVD, Nick Warren, Dave Seamen, Digweed, etc.) As I recall, it was a totally random mix of people (from VERY young to rather old, all nationalities)... there is also a nice art gallery and cafe adjoining which you can go into upon entry to the club to chill out. I think it was 30NLG to get in (about $10).

Can people list some others they like? I'm traveling a lot this summer and want to make sure not to miss anything.

-tg.

Originally posted by lush:

I need info on clubs in Europe. Name is helpful but atmosphere, crowd, nightly events, cover, location, reviews etc is greatly appreciated.

Few more to add,

The Gallery @ the Cross- London (knowlegable crowed) but as with most london clubs difficult to get in.

Trade - Complete mash up, Saturdays thru sunday lunch time. Gay crowd.

Miss MoneyPennies - Birmingham Very dress crowd

Q club - Birmingham, techno night in a converted church, very relaxed.

The Cannal club - Dressy up beat crowd

Back 2 Basics - Leeds Serious deep house (small club).

By the way the Ibiza closing parties are definaley the best time to go.

------------------

Would just like to add that the MTV party (yes MTV - can you believe it?) in Ibiza last year was without a doubt the best night I've EVER had... and you can't say a thing like that lightly. Morales, Oakenfold, Morillo, Seb Fontaine, Faithless live and others too many to count. If you haven't had your head unscrewed by Binary Finary, you haven't lived. Tell me some of you were out there on the same night... would looooooove to reminisce.

------------------

• 4 weeks later...

Archived