Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FDNY? NYPD? info?

bbbooom

W/ the FD unless you score above a 96 on your written test, dont even expect a call. So many people take the test that if your not in the top 4 percentile you dont have a chance at being appointed. The average wait is about a year before you have any hope of appointment.

PD im not so sure about. Im in the EMS field so PDs not something we EMS people worry about unless im being shot at, or are being held at shotgun point because some crack head wants the meds in our ambulance. lol (Which has happened)... Thats why I wear a bullet proof vest. :blank:

anyways... i hope that helped.

for the nypd and fdny they send your results about 2-3 months after your written test.. then they schedule you for the physical and all that crap.. i just took the medical for the nypd on wednesday it was terrible... 9 hours long.. it starts at 630 in the morning i had to stand in a room with like 30 other guys in our underwear some kids didnt have underwear that day just a weird unpleasant experience.. if you're thinking about becoming a police officer think about the national parks police you start off at 48 a year after 5 years you're making in the high 70's or low 80"s from there you work your way up fbi, cia, dea, swat secret service all that stuff

Originally posted by oldtimer

for the nypd and fdny they send your results about 2-3 months after your written test.. then they schedule you for the physical and all that crap.. i just took the medical for the nypd on wednesday it was terrible... 9 hours long.. it starts at 630 in the morning i had to stand in a room with like 30 other guys in our underwear some kids didnt have underwear that day just a weird unpleasant experience.. if you're thinking about becoming a police officer think about the national parks police you start off at 48 a year after 5 years you're making in the high 70's or low 80"s from there you work your way up fbi, cia, dea, swat secret service all that stuff

thanks brotha

ps si sucks

Originally posted by bbbooom

thanks brotha

ps si sucks

yup also there's some border patrol test coming out soon too... take every test imaginable.. you never know when you'll get called..

definitely can't argue that si sucks... i just graduated college and now ill be back here for good.. it's allright in small week long doses but not permenantly.. definitely need to move this whole driving to jersey or the city bs sucks peace

Originally posted by bbbooom

i know nypd is 60 credits and fdny is 30 but does anyone know how long it takes them to call you? my mom said it takes 4 years is that true??

fdny i think is approx 4yrs but can be sooner... im guessing... that since 911, they might be hiring a lil more then usually and might have bumped up the scheds depending on supply and demand...