Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Remember Max...

origskeemr

Originally posted by phatman

Max Headroom...the guy that eventually got a tv show as well?...yea, i remember max...now what do i get?

you get the memories of Max. Someone brought up how the 'New Coke' flopped in my class yesterday and for some reason I cant get Max out my head. I guess I just wanted to see who remembered him cause I forgot for a while.

R.I.P. Max:( Till we meet again.

Originally posted by gmccookny

I remember the big guy from the 7-up commercials back in the 80;s.

who was that?

...i always think of that guy...lol...geoffrey holder is his name...did a little research...when he used to be on the hammock and laugh deeply....A HAHAHAHA...he was in boomerang....among other things...from trinidad and i think tobago...the more i read, the more interesting this guy becomes...all from one commercial...

holder_368x245_01.jpg

Originally posted by origskeemr

you get the memories of Max. Someone brought up how the 'New Coke' flopped in my class yesterday and for some reason I cant get Max out my head. I guess I just wanted to see who remembered him cause I forgot for a while.

R.I.P. Max:( Till we meet again.

if i recall correctly, new coke was purposely made to taste poorly to boost sales of classic coke... or something like that...

remember clear pepsi???

Originally posted by phatman

...i always think of that guy...lol...geoffrey holder is his name...did a little research...when he used to be on the hammock and laugh deeply....A HAHAHAHA...he was in boomerang....among other things...from trinidad and i think tobago...the more i read, the more interesting this guy becomes...all from one commercial...

holder_368x245_01.jpg

SLICK :aright::cool:

Originally posted by dgmodel

if i recall correctly, new coke was purposely made to taste poorly to boost sales of classic coke... or something like that...

remember clear pepsi???

nah I believe it was made due to a survey/researh that Coke researchers made. The people they surveyed and let try Coke said "yes" they do like it. However, there was never the question that if they would switch from pepsi to coke or if the "coke" drinkers would switch to the "new coke." Basically poor research on coke's behalf. When they came out with the new coke regular coke drinkers got nervous because they thought that Coke was gunna stop making regular Coke so they cleared the shelves in a frenzy.