Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Info on I/o, Grass and Slak (if its still that)

djdekan

Slak is at the corner of N. Miami Ave. and 29th St.

They closed for renovations, and had hoped to re-open by now, however the plumbing problem turned out to be much worse than they thought, and they had to rip up the floor downstairs, it was quite a mess, so I'm told, hopefully things will be ready soon.... they have a new partner from NY and they are ready to spend what is necessary to make it work, they are in for the long haul, at least that's the last thing I heard from them, they had wanted me to reside there one night, they liked my hard tech-house sound (as opposed to my deep and groovy tech house sound) but I'm waiting for confirmation.... one of the co-owners, Naomi Nye will be playing there as well, she has an intersting post-rave sound mixing breaks and trance, but good trance, really I mean it there is such a thing, she has great taste in music, definitely a Florida style but with a sophisticated edge, Armando from Grooveman should also be playing there a lot too

one of their best parties was this guy who mixed 60's garage rock with punk and stuff, attracted a crowd that was too hardcore for Poplife, they were planning on bringing him back for Wednesday nights I believe

I/O Kicks ass most nights

DJ LeSpam on Thursdays (Packed)

Special events on Friday (packed depending on event)

Saturdays are Pop Life (going on for 4 years)

Packed all the time on sat

Sundays have various one offs that do ok

Slak lounge is a cool place but needs some capitol and tlc

Girls are real sweet there, they need professional management

The placew has more potential for a underground feel than anywhere

We'll see

Grass is owned by old Living room people

Very she she

beautiful place for dinner but I don't like the south beach type crowd. Its a restaurant with the velvet rope thing