Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Check the Homelands line-up *drool*

LOL, mud wrestling ey... nice.

Forget Ferry & Jules.. this is where it's @..

Sasha, Danny Tenaglia, Richie Hawtin, Saint Germain, Danny Rampling and Sven

Vath

Thats it right there top 5 DJ's in the world. The best Techno producer, the DJ's DJ, Mr Rampling who had lots to do with it all kicking off.. and the man god Richie Hawtin... you need no more.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

You had my respect and attention untill you shoved Mr Rampling into that equation mate. Unfortunatly he is one of those men who gets paid WAY too much for doing so very little. Okay, so he did a lot for grounding and promoting a while back, but since then I think he's kinda been living off his name too much. Pierce and Jules also fall into this group.

We say NO, to big named DJ's who think they is well bangin' (why oh why do I keep making myself sound like Ali G? It's kinda pathetic!) and we remember that top name DJ's, do not necessarily, a good party make. smile.gif

------------------

Stay Twisted :)

Originally posted by dreamtemple:

You had my respect and attention untill you shoved Mr Rampling into that equation mate. Unfortunatly he is one of those men who gets paid WAY too much for doing so very little. Okay, so he did a lot for grounding and promoting a while back, but since then I think he's kinda been living off his name too much. Pierce and Jules also fall into this group.

We say NO, to big named DJ's who think they is well bangin' (why oh why do I keep making myself sound like Ali G? It's kinda pathetic!) and we remember that top name DJ's, do not necessarily, a good party make. smile.gif

are you mad!!! LOL, no i strongly disagree.

He was great at the monneypenny's night in Ibiza last season.. he's a fantastic DJ.

IMO STILL one of the best.

he is in a totally different league to Pierce and Tong again IMO.

But hey.

------------------

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

I never get mad, I simply voice opinoins in a very loud voice. LOL!

No but I feel I should explain myself a bit now, you see I had VIP tikets for Homelands last year and got to meet Pierce, consider the fact I was 16 and just getting fully into clubbing. Anyway, Pierce was a C.U.Next.Tuesday and really upset this girl who I met there. (and he dropped his cuppa soup on my top!). I found him very..... stuck up. Watched everyone do their sets and thought "good, but no..... bang!" Then I went to a club and saw Cosmosis on stage and OMG! Just the effort they put into everything and you could see the pleasure on their faces when they did a wicked mix and it was just like YES! But these people get so little recognition, just like LAB 4, ANNE SAVAGE, LISA LASHES, OBERON, THE HOBBIT, KRIS K. and many others. But like you say it's personal opinoins. I just love standing up for the little man.

Maybe cause I'm tiny myself? cwm13.gif

------------------

NEW HOMELANDS NAMES ANNOUNCED

Sasha, Danny Tenaglia, Richie Hawtin, Saint Germain, Danny Rampling and Sven

Vath have all joined the bill for this year’s Homelands festival at The

Matterley Bowl near Winchester on Saturday May 26th. Sasha and Danny Tenaglia

will now be headlining the Space Arena and they’ll be joined by Justin

Robertson, Danny Howells and Peace Division amongst others. In addition, due to

the overwhelming number of artists wanting to play the former Space/Backtobasics

Arena, the two dancefloor stalwarts have been given their own tents. Joining

Dave Beer and Backtobasics residents Ralph Lawson and James Holroyd will be

Radio 1’s Danny Rampling, who joins a line-up that already features Craig

Richards and Lottie. In other key additions, Richie Hawtin and Sven Vath will

now spin in The End Arena while St Germain’s appearance in the Home Arena is

their only UK festival appearance this year.

------------------

bsb2.GIF

Did Homelands last year and it was absolutely mad!!!!!!!

Mud wrestling with some girl I'd never met before. I was in a bood tube and strappy sadles in my that was covering my feet totally. looked like a monster from the black lagoon by the time I got out!!!!!

For me, Ferry Corsten was the best thing there, just banging away and making the crowd in the Golden tent go wild.

The strangest was Julesy cause he'd play a banging tune, and then something from the 80's that no one could get a rythem to. But you coudl tell he was fucked cause he kept comming to the front of the Radio 1 stage and jumping about and shouting at us and he nearly fell over about five times. ~sighs~ those were the days!

------------------

If your saying Dave Pierce is stuck up and a shit DJ i am with you 100%.

He is a arse who thinks he is MR. Dance music because he has his radio 1 show. Again in Ibiza he is the only person to call the night after himeself.. not even 'i am god' Oakenfold did that.

But Rampling for me is shit hot, but my roots are in Vocal house and by the sounds of it your in to more of a breakbeat / D&B sound?

------------------

bsb2.GIF

dave pearce is a twat and a very very bad DJ, plays crap records, no 'programming' skills, worse mixing. I have had the misfortune to see him DJ a few too many times (but it was worth it radio 1 dance parties are bad but when you get to see sasha and cox for free then you just have to go, don't you). He is the doc martins southern league of dance music.

Archived