Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bridesmaids and GroomsMen

fineones

what do u think about a man being in the brides wedding party or vica versa...i was a member of a good friends wedding party ...partly because we were friends and the bride and are were best friends....

but whats the big deal ..what if the groom was best friends with a girl and wanted her to be in his wedding party or even best man .....

what if I was best friends with the bride...do u think its wrong if i was in her wedding party (and no im not talking about wearing a dress or anything like that)

but some things would be different like..when they walk out into the after party or how about when all the wedding party ppl dance the first few songs...alil wierd no???

anyway ..is it such a big deal since tradition is almost none existant these days

Originally posted by phatman

...i would say it's up to the couple getting married...if they want to break tradition and do something different then go with it...i dont give a shit either way, i try to honor what the couple wants - it's their day after all...

I agree...Who is to say the bride & groom are wrong ?? They are the ones getting married it really is up to them if they want to break tradition or not

Too many people put in their 2 cents when it comes to weddings :blank:

Originally posted by fineones

what do u think about a man being in the brides wedding party or vica versa...i was a member of a good friends wedding party ...partly because we were friends and the bride and are were best friends....

but whats the big deal ..what if the groom was best friends with a girl and wanted her to be in his wedding party or even best man .....

what if I was best friends with the bride...do u think its wrong if i was in her wedding party (and no im not talking about wearing a dress or anything like that)

but some things would be different like..when they walk out into the after party or how about when all the wedding party ppl dance the first few songs...alil wierd no???

anyway ..is it such a big deal since tradition is almost none existant these days

wedding should be much like the couple getting married,if they are crazy and wacky then guess what they should have a crazy wacky party, if theyre conservative then... etc. and in my opinions tradition schmadition, if every relationship is different then every wedding should be as well...

Originally posted by phatman

...i would say it's up to the couple getting married...if they want to break tradition and do something different then go with it...i dont give a shit either way, i try to honor what the couple wants - it's their day after all...

Agreed... my Uncle had a woman as his best... person. He actually called her his "Best Greek." lol

well, dont see why not....

When I get married I am planning on breaking several traditions...

....Im not tossing the bouquet...or doing that garder belt skit...or having ANY type of music that I dont like (No MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS....Tough man, if I had to sit thru the "chicken dances", "Macarenas","YMCAs, "Electric freakin Slides"...they DAMN well better be able to sit through my pounding electronic music ;)

...also my shower will not be only for females...and the bachelor/& ette parties will be united and we will all go party together.... ;) and I do NOT want to the reception to be in some CHEEZY Wedding Hall that is covered with mirrors & tacky oversized chandeleirs...and carpeting in the main room....YUCK! I want a Loft-type open space....with lots of big windows and nice wooden floors ;)