Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Deal With Hunka Bunka

kirklop

i look on the boards and see a lot of questions reguarding bunka............as of 2 days ago bunka was offically sold to concerts east...........they basically book all the major bands who play in jersey and can get pretty much get any national act that passes through........the new name is supposidly gonna be starland ballroom..........they are ripping off the roof, over the dance floor the make the ceilings higher.......they are knocking out the walls behind the stage to make the stage bigger.....making many changes, making it bigger........if you are into live shows, this will be the place to be.......

many of you are younger and only experienced friday nights or teen nights or saturdays in the last 2 years...........i started spinning saturdays there in 1990 and we were solid til 2001....its crazy to work at a place for that many years and see all the styles of music that have come and gone, from disco, freestyle, techno ect..

i hear freestyle on the radio and think to myself how people reacted to that when i played it when it was new at bunka(strange).. but frank, kip, and bernie created a place that did over 3000 people every saturday for many many years and was the top club for a long time......frank has a great eye for design and bunka is a beautiful room......

unforunately, sayreville hit the clubs with a 2 o'clock closing and people must be out of the building by 2 so that means music off at 1:30 or 1:40.............a 2 closing is tough for a place that big.

they were offered a lot of money to sell so they did.......i just wish we had a big closing party for the place!.........

AT LEAST WE STILL HAVE D'JAIS...............KIRK LOPEZ

thanks for all the support over the years at bunka!

Originally posted by kirklop

i look on the boards and see a lot of questions reguarding bunka............as of 2 days ago bunka was offically sold to concerts east...........they basically book all the major bands who play in jersey and can get pretty much get any national act that passes through........the new name is supposidly gonna be starland ballroom..........they are ripping off the roof, over the dance floor the make the ceilings higher.......they are knocking out the walls behind the stage to make the stage bigger.....making many changes, making it bigger........if you are into live shows, this will be the place to be.......

many of you are younger and only experienced friday nights or teen nights or saturdays in the last 2 years...........i started spinning saturdays there in 1990 and we were solid til 2001....its crazy to work at a place for that many years and see all the styles of music that have come and gone, from disco, freestyle, techno ect..

i hear freestyle on the radio and think to myself how people reacted to that when i played it when it was new at bunka(strange).. but frank, kip, and bernie created a place that did over 3000 people every saturday for many many years and was the top club for a long time......frank has a great eye for design and bunka is a beautiful room......

unforunately, sayreville hit the clubs with a 2 o'clock closing and people must be out of the building by 2 so that means music off at 1:30 or 1:40.............a 2 closing is tough for a place that big.

they were offered a lot of money to sell so they did.......i just wish we had a big closing party for the place!.........

to bad Kirk, But I never liked bunkas crowd anyway.. You need to be in a big crazy club.. Its time for you to blow up why don’t YOU!? You are one of the best dj in NJ You fucken alcoholic

Originally posted by kirklop

Sup Kirk,

I have to agree with you that someone should of done a closing party for BUNKA. Now that would of been a party to remember.

victor soto

ahhhhh the memories,

many saturday mornings waking up in the velvet lounge, or waking under bon's desk, or my desk,

or joey waking up under his desk

many sunday mornings coming back from SF - drinking amstels in the ladies lounge,

the whores in the electrical room,

santana rockin that room like no other,

bumpin k in the jacuzzi room on nye 2000 (kip 10 feet away-holla)

red lite xmas parties

the bartenders how could you ever forget them

bon on any given night

The Funktion - nuff said

TIME

a 5000 kid teen night, no problem!!! lol

i will gladly say goodbye to those stupid tshirts & dance contests,

Kirk is already the most talented DJ ive EVER heard.

thats why youll never hear any DJ ever talk shit about this guy.

He is the most stand up guy in the business.

A true gentleman and a true example for many of the younger DJ's to follow.

Many have come and gone in this scene...but Kirk has always stayed strong.

As far as im concerned......He has blown up.

Can you think of any other DJ's with as many venues??

Probably not.

Well thats it.;)

Guest bonsolidd

Joey lived under the desk lol................to many great times I'll never Forget the Rave with stotle and BadBoy Bill and 3500 ravers for new years 1999.... hollllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaa

Originally posted by marcomaxim

Probably not.

Well thats it.;)

ya, ok

Probably not.

Well thats it.;)

Also, wtf is up with the wink?

Guys don't wink to other guys.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :)

Originally posted by calebb

ya, ok

LOL!!!

I already know that you have a few people on here that would love to abuse you a bit.

Weev spoken about it.

So keep talking Caleeb.....You gotta have some really big balls to be responding to shit that does not include you. Especially something that I post.

But keep it coming.....just be prepared for teh consequences.;)

LOL!!!

I already know that you have a few people on here that would love to abuse you a bit.

Weev spoken about it.

So keep talking Caleeb.....You gotta have some really big balls to be responding to shit that does not include you. Especially something that I post.

That's true.

I mean, when you start responding to things that don't include yourself, then you are very gutsy.

Especially something you post, of course.

Also, who is Weev?

Is this the person who will abuse me?

LOL!!!

Weev spoken about it.

Stop winking at me assbag

I am soo upset about the cloaing of bunka...

I use 2 go all the time on a saturday night...

That place was off the hook..

It was large enough and drew a great crowd..

A much older and mature crowd..

andyou werent bumping into people left and right..

I have awesome memories of bunka and met some wonderful

people at bunka....

Hope to see you all at studio ..

iheard thats the next new hot spot....

Mare

bunka holds so many memories for me. i met most of my friends from going there. every year 2 of my friends and i celebrated our birthdays there in Nov. this year it will not be the same. i always liked the crowd. the music was great and i didnt pay to get in. i started going there in the early 90's. i even took a few years break. when i went back again in 99' it was just as good if not better. i did hate the 2 am closing. i think that killed it for them.

newyears eve was always a blast there. i was always brought up on stage during the dance contests i have so many tshirts and other party favors that i won. i was friendly w/many of the bouncers especially MR.EMT. ya'll know him.lmao!!

:(

Guest bonsolidd
Originally posted by prettyricky

So now the question Kirk, where will you be spinning? Any residency or just doin the circuit?

Either way you are the man Kirk!!!!!

And Bon you are a drunk!!!!:laugh:

hey bnice to your boss:laugh: