Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This weekend in Seattle

Saturday night- 807 1st ave...1st and columbia, blocks north of pioneer sq. next to Tir Na Nog irich pub. In my opinion his music is better than Donalds.. People think donald is god...He's good! but getting old!

Evanly B is from miami.

------------------

Ok, Donald Glaude *is* good. The Mannequin DJ is good, too, but he doesn't embody DJ ESP the way D.G. does. I think it's all those groovy raves he spun at. And *of course* you're going to say it's all that's going on in Seattle, you're promoting it! But really, there's just about a million things going on right now. For example, for a pretty good list of raves is at http://www.hyperreal.org/raves/nw/calendar.html (I hope that all comes out ok). There's always the Pioneer Square dealie gig if you don't mind being hit on endlessly by drunken buffalo (not too appealing, but Last Supper Club and Catwalk kinda rock and on Saturdays, Fenix is ok). Tonight at the Century Ballroom there's a *huge* Salsa dancing thing going on (should be lots of fun). Tomorrow, The Grand Illusion Theater is playing the X-Rated version of Alice in Wonderland, which should be a campy, rowdy adventure (not a club, but still a fun time had by all). The Mercury (members only, but write me if you wanna check it out and I'll figure something out) is pretty cool if you're into the Goth scene (or even if you're a tourist).

True, Mannequin rox, but it sure isn't the only thing to do on a weekend in Seattle! It's certainly worth checking out (the drinks, bartenders, music, et al is great), but variety is the spice (or spunk, as the case may be) of life!!! And Chad, we Marvelgirls will be coming down to Mannequin on the first Saturday of June. We're all out of town and otherwise engaged until then (tomorrow, of course, we're seeing Alice... next weekend is Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Gorge!).

Sorry to continue on and on! I just want people to keep a broad focus! This city is fan-fricken-tastic and there's too many opportunities to have fun. I don't want people thinking it's mellowing out in any way, shape or form!

--Danielle

------------------

Archived