Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Looking for Promoters in Boston

beatz4life

Hello all,

I am attempting to put together an agency database of quality promoters in the Boston area. I am looking for serious event throwers with a belief in giving people a good time. At this time I am collecting information from those with an interest in having REAL HOUSE MUSIC at their events.

If you know any such promoters, -or- if you are one yourself, please either message me or post your reply to this topic. If there is a website that lists promotions companies in the area, I would greatly appreciate that as well.

Much thanks!

also, on top of what groovefire said, a good promoter/promotion team overlooks what is best for a club and our local "scene" for the sake of numbers and personal networking. you'll forget what is best for a club and you'll go by whatever you want without considering the sensible way of doing it which to many promoters is the opposite of what you're doing. if you apply that to everything you do, you'll be a top notch boston promoter!

promoters are the devil!

I don't know what Mr. Oompa is talking about. We've never been treated with any less than total appreciation from promoters, fair and honest play from other DJs, and unwavering support from the scene at large. Plus, every person who we ever extended a favor to was thankful and reciprocated the favor soon thereafter. It's great here! Yay!

Hi Groovefire,

I checked out the marz entertainment website and I saw what looks like a pretty cool show tonight at the Milky Way Lounge. Do people support the shows like that out there? Those are the kind of people and promoters I'm looking for.

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it!

Originally posted by beatz4life

Hi Groovefire,

I checked out the marz entertainment website and I saw what looks like a pretty cool show tonight at the Milky Way Lounge. Do people support the shows like that out there? Those are the kind of people and promoters I'm looking for.

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it!

Sure, those guys have a built-in base...Phoenix Landing on Wednesdays and Sundays. A more casual following.

Where are you from? What are planning to do here? I will tell you this much, Boston is a tough nut to crack, man...especially for that genre of music, and especially for an outsider. But I like where you're coming from, so good luck.

I'm from the West Coast and I'm trying to pick up some of a now defunct house dj roster because the agent in Toronto went under. So, I'm trying to wet my feet and help some west coast cats make it out to the east coast and bring some love over there. I've gotta prove myself with a list of contacts though before anyone will want me to represent them. That's also one of the reasons I was wondering about the show @ Milky Way tonight. Some of the djs playing tonight are on that roster and I was wondering if people in Boston care about them enough to make them a worthwhile venture.

It's good to be on the west coast if you're a house music fan. Ever get over here?

Thanks again for your support. Means a lot.

until next time -