Clubplanet Nightlife Community

most difficult clubs to get into

macfunk19

What are the three most difficult clubs to get into? What clubs have more stars than the sky itself? We have the answers. This article is about South Florida's hardest to get into clubs. That means if they don't want you in, your just not getting in baby. Usually to get into these clubs you have to be one or a combination of the following: be rich, be known, be a model, be on the guest list, be very fashionable, be with a girl, be reserved (table reservation), be patient. If your not part of the be's then be prepared to wait in line forever. They are Chaos, The Living Room and Bar Room. These clubs cater to the creme de la creme of club goers.

We'll start off with a little history of each club beginning with Chaos. Chaos is located at 743 Washington Avenue in South Beach, Miami. The cover charge for this joint on a regular night is usually $20 but can go way higher especially if your an undesirable. Be prepared to hear "we are a members only club" if you do not fit into one of the be's stated earlier. This club has also got two sister locations in New York and Sao Paulo, Brazil. Chaos is opened from Wednesday to Saturday. It features two dance floors with separate DJs. The main dance floor is located in the interior and the other one is outside with a tented covering. Wednesday's is Love Sexy. An interactive art show, hosted by Nelson/Romana, Gary Thou Louis and Robert Ziehm. Thursday's is World Tour hosted by Alan Roth who presents a new and exciting destination each week. Music provided by DJ Sweet Peach. Friday's is Fashion Fridays Linley joins south Beach Promoter Tommy Pooch for frenzy, fashion and friction. DJ Stefan, dancers and percussionist. Saturday's is Total chaos with DJ's Sweet Peach, DJ Stefan and live percussionist.

This guy is not getting in. He's probably asking for the cover charge.

DJ Hurricane of Beastie Boys fame performing for the Winter Music Conference party@Chaos.

Chaos is one of the stop overs for stars indulging in South Beach nightlife. This club has gotten VIP written all over it. More than 80% of the club is roped off for VIP seclusion. Never have I been in a club with so many bottles of champagne displayed. On one night I witnessed a group at a table with about 5 bottles of liquor, sodas for mixing, and a bottle of champagne being chilled. Now tell me have you ever seen that before anywhere else (Living Room and Bar Room doesn't count)? There are no paper drinking cups at this club. Every drink served at the bar is in a nice glass cup. Being on the dance floor is like being in heaven. Girls abound and friction has never felt so good. Furthermore the DJs pump out music that you can actually dance to.

Dance floor Heaven

This should have been a close up. Sorry guys.

The dress code is very strict. If your wearing sneakers forget it. My advice if your a gentleman, is to wear a black outfit, preferable a suit with nice dress shoes and a nice watch. If your a lady just be gorgeous and bring along some friends. Make sure to kiss at least one of the door men on the cheeks and act all happy and giggly. Like your just so excited. Make sure your noticed. Raise your hands and walk up straight to the velvet ropes if the crowd is too big. Clubs in general love to have a large gorgeous female contingent. So if you fit into this category there's not much for you to worry about. If you don't fit into the category... just be patient and pray to get in.

Now lets move onto The Bar Room. The Bar Room is owned and operated by Chris Paciello and Ingrid Cesares. The two are also the owners of Liquid and Joia. The Bar Room was just opened recently this year so many of you out there in club land have never heard of it. They don't exactly hand out flyers on the streets for this one. The Bar Room is located at 320 Lincoln Road in South Beach, Miami. Don't look for a sign, this club doesn't need one. It's easy to find just look for the velvet ropes and the crowd. I don't believe there are any other clubs on that block.

Bar Room Doormen on leave from the Secret Service. Just Kidding. Jason is on the left and I'll get the name of the one on the right later. This club is rumored by the people in the know, to be the new Studio 54. And what an incident it just being located across from the Albion Hotel. Whose owner, Ian Schrager, used to operate Studio 54. With owners like Chris and Ingrid it may very well be the next Studio 54. Ingrid was just voted the Queen of Nightlife in People magazine. Chris teamed up with her a few years back to open Liquid. Chris had the money and she had the people. Ingrid had friends like Madonna and other local celebrities that just star studded the place. With Liquid being a smashing success they opened up Bar room to cater to the "International Clientele" that means the very rich. And so Bar Room was born from an old luggage warehouse with over a million dollars in renovation cost. The space also used to be the Flamingo Theater of the '20s.

Tommy Hilfiger recently held a party there. And the fashionable and famous just keep rolling in. Are Chris and Ingrid worried that this new nightspot may have them competing with there own club, Liquid? I don't believe so. Because Liquid remains packed. Dennis Rodman just had his party there with local female illusionist Elaine Lancaster and it was on CNN. I was sitting at home wondering if I should dress in drag and claim to be a friend of Elaine's and Dennis to get in. Too bad my mothers dresses weren't fashionable enough. But the two clubs seem to be doing very well. Recently I was at Bar Room waiting to get in and a lady that seemed to be in her sixty's asked me what she has to do without stripping to get in. I couldn't help her at all. But it was funny to me and also suggest the differences between Bar Room and Liquid. Being that Bar room caters for the more wealthy and mature crowd. But don't be scared the majority of the crowd is not nearly as mature as that lady.

Time for moving on again. Now we're headed to The Living Room. This restaurant/lounge is owned by the French Milon brothers Eric, Didier, Francis and Pierre. Now this place caters to the "International Clientele" also and if you were paying careful attention you'll know what this means. Now this is a place famous for rejecting people. Not being a part of the "International Clientele", I'm even scared to go there. I don't think being born in Jamaica and traveling in the Marines count as the International Clientele. Hey! But just in case any of the Milon bothers are reading I have been to Marseilles. And I just love your club from the outside. I also love France too... the women that is.

The Living Room is located at 671 Washington Avenue. This night spot used to be called The Strand in the eighty's. And was bought and ran successfully by the Milon brothers for five years. They converted the name to The Living Room at the Strand. Since its existence many famous people from the A-List have dined and partied there.

This place is very picky about having only elite clientele. They definitely do not go for the beer crowd. Recently while at Chaos I heard four female rejects from the Living Room complaining to Doorman Gilbert (a local celebrity himself who sometimes hosts WAMI's Freakquency) how they could not get in. This amazed me considering that it was a decent group who I'm sure were affable. Well they got into Chaos with ease after kissing and schmoozing Gilbert to death. But I'm sure the experience at The Living Room must have been shocking for them. When I get more scoop, I'll further report on this famous rejector. Until then, get in where you fit in and party on.

--- A.L.P.