Clubplanet Nightlife Community

KARMA door guy

rendo

What's up with the door guys at KARMA. They had some hotties hangin' outside for a while, now it's just the guy with the glasses. Why can't I party my ass off in sneakers? He can be a right prick, no matter who you are. Anyone know who he is? Is he a part owner or just a door jerk?

Originally posted by rendo

What's up with the door guys at KARMA. They had some hotties hangin' outside for a while, now it's just the guy with the glasses. Why can't I party my ass off in sneakers? He can be a right prick, no matter who you are. Anyone know who he is? Is he a part owner or just a door jerk?

I know who you are talking about exactly, but he has always been cool to me, and I have never had my camera with me when I go there. I have been with a few other guys and had girls with me, No trouble either way. They just do not want the thugs coming in with shorts, boots, and etc. on

Having a few hot ladies out front would be good again also considering Automatic Slims is opening up soon across the street.

I think they just need some marketing and plan for what they want.

Guest saleen351

hes the guy that posts on this board, place is dead, they won't listen to anyone and have no clue what they are doing...

until the bartenders are fired i won't go back....

To make Karma better, they need to:

Fire the bartenders, and hire new females bartenders.

Lower your drink prices, your not in Sobe.

Lower the volume and get a fuller sound. Karma is not a big place.

Change the DJ's up. Get new talent. Variety.

Do some type of marketing with anyone. flyers, websites, etc.

There is allot of potential there that is not being used.

What do the other Lauderdale regulars think?

just about everyone on this board complains about the scene in Fort Lauderdale, Karma is a very coool place, in fort lauderdale That caters to nothing but HOUSE MUSIC, All it needs is some heads that can appreciate good music. There are alot of different parties with different djs throughout the week and some monthly residensies,Check out the website www.karmafl.com

This coming Friday I will be starting my monthly residency @ Karma

DRUM & GROOVE First Friday Of Every Month

GROOVY FUNKY CHUNKY BEATS

I will post something a little later .....

If You would like some updates on events sign up on the site...

There is definetly something going on at KARMA.......

ITs All About HOUSE MUSIC..............................

www.johnnyramirez.com

Guest saleen351

jhonny, no doubt the music is good, but wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too loud and the bartenders are the worst....

until they fix it, you won't have a crowd passed midnight..

You have a point with the sound, It is very hard to hear the sound out of the dj booth, In a nice way let whoever is playing know that it is too loud,sometimes we just dont realize it and we get carried away. That is one thing that I try to stay aware of.

KARMA is a very cool place and it is exactly what fort Lauderdale was lacking,

The people are very good looking and cultured in good music.

It is NOT your typical Fort Laudrdale nightclub..........

Im still waiting for saleen to come by, I wanna put a face with the name...

come by....

www.johnnyramirez.com

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by drumsjunkie

You have a point with the sound, It is very hard to hear the sound out of the dj booth, In a nice way let whoever is playing know that it is too loud,sometimes we just dont realize it and we get carried away. That is one thing that I try to stay aware of.

KARMA is a very cool place and it is exactly what fort Lauderdale was lacking,

The people are very good looking and cultured in good music.

It is NOT your typical Fort Laudrdale nightclub..........

Im still waiting for saleen to come by, I wanna put a face with the name...

come by....

www.johnnyramirez.com

i use to go every weekend, but it takes a month to get a beer, so no one goes any more and the people running the club should know and tell the dj to turn it down, they don't, i was there with guyman at 11pm and it was so loud we left...

KARMA Lounge:

(1) Has great music.

(2) Has excellent djs.

(3) Constantly looks for new/interesting djs & promoters to fit into our weekly schedule.

Four different djs played at Karma over the past week or so. Resident dj Paul Head, dj Marcello (latin/brazilian), dj Johnny Ramirez (new weekly 'drum & groove', and dj Jason Wiggill from South Africa.

(4) Has experienced bartenders who have generated an excellent client base for Karma as well as maintained positive relationships with clients they have served at a number of other establishments in the area. There will always be a few unhappy customers, we regret that.

(5) Karma is not 'dead'. It has been a slow summer but business is picking up again. Friday nights have been really good . . . Last Friday it was PACKED until 4am.

(6) The 'door guy' (me) will never be rude in any way to anyone as I would like to allow everyone into Karma and hope that everyone enjoys the time they spend there . . . There is a dress code, that's that, dress well if you'd like to come to Karma. I've spend a decent amount of time on South Beach and the door at Karma is not a problem for 99% of our customers. It's just very difficult for people in Ft. Lauderdale to understand that perhaps shorts & sneakers aren't appropriate for every situation.

As far as everyones suggestions go:

I agree the music is too loud at times and it is at a reasonable/good level most of the time now.

We do a bit of cross advertising with our other 'places' and the web site has been invaluable to us as far as generating interest in Karma. www.karmafl.com.

Drink prices are reasonable. If you'd like to pay a dollar less and drink with a bunch of drunk kids at Voodoo or hang out in the street at Tarpon Bend, that is your choice. Our target 'audience' does not seem to mind as we have been doing very well thus far.

KARMA appreciates any/all suggestions and constructive criticism and takes your comments seriously.

Thanks . . . see you at KARMA . . .

Guest saleen351

You are the dude that wears the black glasses at the door? I'm assuming i'm right, and you even may know who I am, i've never had an issue with that place at the door, however the music is wayyyyyyyyyy too loud and no one does a thing about it, and 80% of the people that go there that post on this board have an issue with your bartenders.

The twins just fuck around, the terrorist dude is ok at best and the other guy on the juice just looks at himself in the reflection of the big gray goose bottle.

I fully understand what crowd it caters to, and i know you guys are betting on those condos to improve things, dj paul head is one of floridas best kept secrets, but things won't improve and you won't keep a crowd passed 1am...

you don't need events, or promoters or any of that stuff, i could run that place with no problem.

1. fire all the bartenders

2. higher 5 not 4, new ones

3. keep the same djs

4. make sure the volume is not too loud so you don't send the social drinking crowd from 10pm till midnight home.

5. make a better entrance, add a tiny room when you enter.

besides that there is little reason to think the place would fail, i wish you guys would get your heads out of your ass with the bartenders... if ya did, i know me and at least 10 others would come back, but fact remains, we are treated better at other venues where we don't have to wait a month to get served while the twins are chatting with their friends and the juiced up guy is flexing for some out of town tourists...

all the club owners in florida read these boards, the reason is, we go out more than most, and we are a good indicator of whats going on... Karma failed to see the issues and now they are suffering...

BTW how many times did i have to go there to drink to get an hello from one of your shitty bartenders? Shit i was there with guyman a few times where he was dropping duckets down on the bar, and still not once, did i get an hello....

I hear you.

I also hear comments from customers every night as they enter/exit KARMA . . . 90% positive about the music and bartenders. But we certainly can improve on everything, no doubt. I watch the door and make every effort to let the djs know if the music is too loud. The bar staff is outta my control but I will let the twins know that you think they suck, and our muscle head to quit posing, honesty is a good thing.

KARMA is certainly NOT suffering. Business has been steadily increasing and it WILL improve during season.

It would be great if there was at least a curtain hanging in front of the door so that the vibe inside isn't disturbed by the door opening/closing . . . perhaps it will happen. No room to build any walls really, we have very limited space as it is.

No more dark glasses at the door, it really pissed people off. I believe I know who you are.

Thanks for your comments.

Originally posted by erickamikaze

To make Karma better, they need to:

Fire the bartenders, and hire new females bartenders.

Lower your drink prices, your not in Sobe.

Lower the volume and get a fuller sound. Karma is not a big place.

Change the DJ's up. Get new talent. Variety.

Do some type of marketing with anyone. flyers, websites, etc.

There is allot of potential there that is not being used.

What do the other Lauderdale regulars think?

Exactly... I dig this place - haven't been in ages though. I will have to make an appearance when I return;)

I will say, for me at least, it is THEE BEST PLACE FOR HOUSE MUSIC and hot chicks & guys in downtown....

Just turn the music down a little and please get a better bar staff... Its kinda sad when you are hanging with the promoter & the DJ's and they can't even get a drink:laugh:

Originally posted by karmalounge

KARMA Lounge:

(1) Has great music.

(2) Has excellent djs.

(3) Constantly looks for new/interesting djs & promoters to fit into our weekly schedule.

Four different djs played at Karma over the past week or so. Resident dj Paul Head, dj Marcello (latin/brazilian), dj Johnny Ramirez (new weekly 'drum & groove', and dj Jason Wiggill from South Africa.

(4) Has experienced bartenders who have generated an excellent client base for Karma as well as maintained positive relationships with clients they have served at a number of other establishments in the area. There will always be a few unhappy customers, we regret that.

#1 - agree 100%

#2 - Paul Head rocks... loveeeee that guy..... :)

#4 ---> disagree.... I think its great that the bar staff has a client base, but they should work on expanding their client base! And please make me stiffer drinks.... (or maybe that's a sign that I drink too much :confused::laugh: )

Oh yeah, and I like the dress code..... keep it please:D

@ the guy at the door..... (the bro. was cool.. the WEENer is NOT)

One of the many reasons I would NEVER go back to or spin @ KARMA!

I used to go once in a while to support local house... until I treated like "POOKY" at the front door.... by who else.. by Mr. Ween!....

:mad:

Since then, I have never been back....... I won't go into details about the incident but.... let's just say I don't tell people about that place anymore... I refer them anywhere else!

Sorry but your own KARMA killed you!:blown:

Originally posted by karmalounge

KARMA Lounge:

(1) Has great music.

(2) Has excellent djs.

(5) Karma is not 'dead'. It has been a slow summer but business is picking up again. Friday nights have been really good . . . Last Friday it was PACKED until 4am.

(6) The 'door guy' (me) will never be rude in any way to anyone as I would like to allow everyone into Karma and hope that everyone enjoys the time they spend there . . . There is a dress code, that's that, dress well if you'd like to come to Karma. I've spend a decent amount of time on South Beach and the door at Karma is not a problem for 99% of our customers. It's just very difficult for people in Ft. Lauderdale to understand that perhaps shorts & sneakers aren't appropriate for every situation.

As far as everyones suggestions go:

I agree the music is too loud at times and it is at a reasonable/good level most of the time now.

We do a bit of cross advertising with our other 'places' and the web site has been invaluable to us as far as generating interest in Karma. www.karmafl.com.

Drink prices are reasonable. If you'd like to pay a dollar less and drink with a bunch of drunk kids at Voodoo or hang out in the street at Tarpon Bend, that is your choice. Our target 'audience' does not seem to mind as we have been doing very well thus far.

KARMA appreciates any/all suggestions and constructive criticism and takes your comments seriously.

Thanks . . . see you at KARMA . . .

I couldn't agree more, Karma is the only place in Fort Lauderdale that I would consider going to.