Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Newark NJ Nightlife Comments Anyone?

Ok, so I have to ask, and not because I'm a chop as well, only because I need to know what the rest of the world is thinkin and feeling about this town. It's been now quite q while since a small place in the heart of Ironbound made a mark for anyone around this area, and I know many of you old skool as well as newbies may have heard or been to this place. "The Relic".. this place made it's mark as one of the very first bar/lounge/mini club in the Newark Ironbound area, and today. There are virtually quadruple the amount of places to hit. From Guitar Bar, Adega's 132, Club XL, soon to come if not here already Tio Pepe, or Don Pepe whichever it is, and now small places are cashing in as wel. Casa Nossa, to all you locals. is justg weeks away, from becoming a full lounge, and having a opening night tonight 10/3.

Oh, and not just local Ironbound bars, now we have neighbor towns cashin in as well, Elizabeth with Port 151, or what ever the number is I always screw that one up, to N. Arlington's "Euro Lounge" Lyndhurst's "Martini Lounge" to many many more. I know you locals love these oiptions to pick from, but lets get a poll on this. What does everyone honestly feel about all these places, are they truly making there mark, because I hear nothing much about them on here. Is it just understood, or are deko, abyss, joeys, sandbar,...etc etc etc that much higher in standard than all the rest.. Ok now you..:blank: :blank: :confused::D

Originally posted by paul76

Ok, so I have to ask, and not because I'm a chop as well, only because I need to know what the rest of the world is thinkin and feeling about this town. It's been now quite q while since a small place in the heart of Ironbound made a mark for anyone around this area, and I know many of you old skool as well as newbies may have heard or been to this place. "The Relic".. this place made it's mark as one of the very first bar/lounge/mini club in the Newark Ironbound area, and today. There are virtually quadruple the amount of places to hit. From Guitar Bar, Adega's 132, Club XL, soon to come if not here already Tio Pepe, or Don Pepe whichever it is, and now small places are cashing in as wel. Casa Nossa, to all you locals. is justg weeks away, from becoming a full lounge, and having a opening night tonight 10/3.

Oh, and not just local Ironbound bars, now we have neighbor towns cashin in as well, Elizabeth with Port 151, or what ever the number is I always screw that one up, to N. Arlington's "Euro Lounge" Lyndhurst's "Martini Lounge" to many many more. I know you locals love these oiptions to pick from, but lets get a poll on this. What does everyone honestly feel about all these places, are they truly making there mark, because I hear nothing much about them on here. Is it just understood, or are deko, abyss, joeys, sandbar,...etc etc etc that much higher in standard than all the rest.. Ok now you..:blank: :blank: :confused::D

Newark BLOWS:blown: unfortenatly i have to stoop down there on thursdays because thats where my friends like to hang on thursdays besides that i wouldnt be caught dead in any of those places....i gotta admit 132 has a great setup - a true lounge - , but the crowd (last nite) is the same old shit..... i would say 75% of the crowd was good the rest blew - i saw TOO many fat pigs wondering around lost - but overall it was pretty good, the hot brazilian chicks defenatly made up for the rest....as for the rest, Guitar Bar is ok sometimes they have a good setup as well but gotta do something about that outside it was fucken cold last nite

XL is fucken gay......i heard that the crowd is good but thats it, fuck those cocksuckers, they think they got a friggin place in south beach - everything from the velvet rope to the guys in fucken suits - go suck a dick XL i will never step foot in that fucken place..... i hope it burns to the ground....their attitudes suck, assholes turned my crew away (about 20 of us) cause they said it was too packed.....if they just said it was too packed cool, cant knock em for that, but the fags made up excuses....gotta be even amount of guys and girsl, so we got it [we were waiting for another of our cars to pull up], then ok u guys gotta wait a bit and u'll be rite in, this is all with fucken attitude [not appreciated], a good 10 minutes after that, ok guys we can only do bottle service for u guys, we're like ok no prob set up a table, 5 mins later ummmm there isnt enuff room for all of u some people cant go.....that was it, i'll say it again - fuck those cocksuckers - obviously they didnt want my money so its all good there are PLENTY of saturday nite venues that will welcome my cash, if they dont want then kool.....i will never step foot in that place ever, i dont care if they give blowjobs with the admission fee, u aint gettin me there no matter what - rather stay home and sleep-

ok this aint to bash u bro......u can not compare Euro Lounge (although it mite blow sometimes) to those places.....completly different crowd....completly different town....completly different scene......neighboring towns are not tryin to cash in on what newark did trust me, the only crowd newark is gonna attract is the chops (and im a proud one) and the brazilians thats it they will never attract a different crowd

Every place in Newark is the same thing. No matter how nice or upscale the place looks, the crowd will always bring it down. Yes, I've had visions of Ironbound Newark turning into a new hot spot but these visions quickly changed when I finally went to all these new places. Take note: I have never been to these places more than twice. It's not the establishments, it's the people. The crowds EVERYWHERE else are better. It would be convenient to have a great night life place close to home but I know my friends and I will continue to travel to Hoboken and NYC. That's just how it's going to be. Desculpa Paulo, mais vai sempre ser assim!

Originally posted by graziela

Every place in Newark is the same thing. No matter how nice or upscale the place looks, the crowd will always bring it down. Yes, I've had visions of Ironbound Newark turning into a new hot spot but these visions quickly changed when I finally went to all these new places. Take note: I have never been to these places more than twice. It's not the establishments, it's the people. The crowds EVERYWHERE else are better. It would be convenient to have a great night life place close to home but I know my friends and I will continue to travel to Hoboken and NYC. That's just how it's going to be. Desculpa Paulo, mais vai sempre ser assim!

couldnt agree more.....same faces everywhere u go down there

Alright I see, i see what everyone is tring to say. And I couldn't agree more. I know newark got it's blah! side, but what the fuck.. it's newark, and for once it's a city that is actually tring to turn itself around. I couldn't agree more on the crowds, or what ever everyone is tring to say, trust me born n raised baby, but you still got to give them props. Anyhow, whatever the grove, god bless us all for having NYC 15 min away, when there is no where else to turn, hit the mega hotspot, worldwide NYC is our daddy, and we ain't ashamed to say so. Props up newark, keep it up, and maybe one day....one day? you will be our new Hoboken.. NYC.. now? thats a different story.. haha... keep drinkin, and party on....