Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Seattle Questions...

Okay I dont know if anyone is even on this board but I have some questions about Seattle which hopefully someone will answer.

Im planning on visiting in May with my friend who is originally from Seattle. She raves about the place, people, and underground parties. Im strongly considering a move within the next 9 months out there just to get a new vibe in my life. What can you all tell me about it? The parties and people, Seattle as a whole basically. I know its nothing like NYC and many people think Im nuts for wanting to go out West but when you live your whole life here, you want to get a new retrospect I suppose. Any info would be fantastic. Thanks a bunch..

Lets see how long it takes for this to actually get answered...

xoxo

kAt

------------------

cdrom-ic.gif

- "If I coulD ReACh up And hOLd a STar fOr eVEry TimE You'vE MAdE ME smiLe, tHE enTire evENinG sKy woUld bE in The pALm of My hAnd" - uNKoWN

- "It's better to be baked, not fried!" - GrOOvE

- Myrlin's ho!

it's kinda boring but you can actually drive around because it's not crowded. the standard of living is also lower than NYC, so rent is affordable. the weather is also mild, but too cold for my taste.

compared to my (limited) experience with NYC, people here are more selfish about "their space;" no one wants to share, and i believe it's because most people live in the suburbs -- many people haven't learned to deal with other people yet.

young seattle is in the middle of growing pains. the city is at capacity, and no one wants to fork over for transit (read: traffic), just more roads and freeways to the suburbs. not to mention our sense of dress style comes from the forest. NYC is definately more "mature," Seattle might be closer to world-class in 10 years.

-liz

seattle native

ps: the cool/liberal people are few and far between, but in my neighborhood of (Gay) Capitol Hill they tend to be more concentrated. remember that seattle is a liberal city in a conservative state.

------------------

mouth.jpg

http://liz.isfamous.com

• 3 weeks later...

seattle is a city in size but has a small-town feel to it. you run into people you know everywhere you go, whether you are terribly social or not. events have more of a community aspect than in larger cities, and free/illegal/underground events are common, esp. in summer. i haven't danced in nyc, but from what i've heard it seems like drugs are more prevalent there.. esp. things like k, coke, meth, dust... while of course there are some who use/abuse those things here, it's not as common.

it's relatively safe here. there aren't many areas where i wouldn't feel comfy wandering around by myself late at night. there are still events where you can set down yr backpack and come back to it 8 hours later and it will be there with its contents intact. i'd imagine you prolly don't do that in nyc...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am from Detroit orignally and go to seattle a lot on business. I have a buddy who moved our two years ago and loves it. It may be a bit small for someone from NY but I could live there. I am actually in seattle this weekend. Decent club scene, great food, and good outdoor activities.

Thanks everyone for your input. We are venturing out on May 18th...unfortunately coming back home on the 27th.

If I like it, there could be a possible move for me in the near future. Im quite excited~

xoxo

kAt

------------------

I quit~

Archived