Clubplanet Nightlife Community

John Digweed's real name is Jonathan Peters?

JOHN DIGWEED

Born in 1949 in Edinburgh under the name Jonathan Peters, this man came to be known as the “Braveheart” of progressive trance. Jonathan was the son of a respected greens keeper. As a boy, he would spend countless hours planting grass, mowing lawns and digging weeds after school. Years later, when John started DJing, he wanted to make a name that would give respect to his father and the time they spent together mowin’ and diggin’. He started out as “Lawnmower Man,” but in 1985 was served a cease and desist letter as a result of the blockbuster movie. He then changed it to “DJ John Mowin’ Grass and Diggin’ Weeds” which was eventually shortened to “John Digweed.”

~from BPM Magazine :laugh:

Lainie, your website hornswaggled me!!! I thought I was colorblind for a second, then I wiped the blood from my eyes and realized it was just bad web design. Just a 'heads up' - glow can do your site with more horrifying colors, if need be.

Seriously,

Congrats on your new endeavor

entrepreneurlly yours,

I H I

:laugh:

i hope no one is believing this....

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

JOHN DIGWEED

Born in 1949 in Edinburgh under the name Jonathan Peters, this man came to be known as the “Braveheart†of progressive trance. Jonathan was the son of a respected greens keeper. As a boy, he would spend countless hours planting grass, mowing lawns and digging weeds after school. Years later, when John started DJing, he wanted to make a name that would give respect to his father and the time they spent together mowin’ and diggin’. He started out as “Lawnmower Man,†but in 1985 was served a cease and desist letter as a result of the blockbuster movie. He then changed it to “DJ John Mowin’ Grass and Diggin’ Weeds†which was eventually shortened to “John Digweed.â€

~from BPM Magazine :laugh: