Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ALCS -It's on baby!!! Yankees-Red Sox!!!

someclown

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Codica3

I think Dontrelle might take this game. :aright:

Ok I take that back.. Dontrelle isn't even gonna make it thru half this game if he keeps pitching the way he's pitching right now..

First grand slam of the post season for Ramirez.. :eek:

Ok I take that back.. Dontrelle isn't even gonna make it thru half this game if he keeps pitching the way he's pitching right now..

First grand slam of the post season for Ramirez.. :eek:

Went home to take a shower... Then go back to my friends to watch the rest of this game and get my drink ON!!!

Nice talkin to you Cody - You were the first one I thought of when all that shit was going on... :laugh:

YANKEES - 2 ~~~ BOSTON - 1

Talk to you people soon... Time to get the fuck outta here...

Well game four sucked for us, so many times if the ball went one more foot farther it would have been homers and many runs brought in. LETS GO YANKS - I have world series tickets and I want to go real bad! :D;):)

:laugh: Great now I have to listen to my boyfriend trash talk tomorrow :blank::rolleyes: He's a Sox fan and has a friend who is willing to give him 2 world series tickets if the Sox make it for free and he has already told me he will never in a million years take me even though I cheer for the Yanks all season I do root for the Sox as when they are not playing the Yanks just because they are so much closer to me than NY is unfortunately and I love ball games in person.

Originally posted by glittergal

Well game four sucked for us, so many times if the ball went one more foot farther it would have been homers and many runs brought in. LETS GO YANKS - I have world series tickets and I want to go real bad! :D;):)

:laugh: Great now I have to listen to my boyfriend trash talk tomorrow :blank::rolleyes: He's a Sox fan and has a friend who is willing to give him 2 world series tickets if the Sox make it for free and he has already told me he will never in a million years take me even though I cheer for the Yanks all season I do root for the Sox as when they are not playing the Yanks just because they are so much closer to me than NY is unfortunately and I love ball games in person.

You cheer for BOTH TEAMS??? You are NOT a true fan.

Offense needs to step up the muthafuckin' pace.. :idea:

:werd:

Mooose pitched a great game. And a control pitcher is going to give up home runs cause he is constantly challenging the batters... I mean come on 7 Innings- 10 Strikeouts- 5 Hits And 3 Runs... That is an excellent game... If you ask me the Yankee batters should have been more selective and made Wakefield throw something hittable... Most of his knucklers were off the plate. And you see the ball with no spin and you know it is going to drop. Yet you are swinging at a ball over the plate... If you are going to swing at the knuckeball wait till you get a high knuckleball that will drop over the plate... They were not selective enough and just going up there swinging... :nono: no good...

Cody I have to stick behind your man last night. He really pitched a great game...

What was that shit all about with Nelson... That was fucked up. What was it that they were looking for and what gave them a "hunch" to look for something???

Oh thats right, They have cameras in the bullpen... Or did that change since the regular season... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by elementx

They were not selective enough and just going up there swinging... :nono: no good...

Yes Soriano seems to need to practice this, strike one, two, three you're out!!! I hate to say it but when he came up to bat last I knew we weren't going into overtime. :(

That crap with Nelson was weird........they are saying he got into a squirmish with a Sox employee before pitching...wonder what that was about. I want the Yanks back in homefield where there aren't dumb hostile fans :blank:

:werd:

Cody I have to stick behind your man last night. He really pitched a great game...

Amen. Finally someone besides the announcers and analysts are on my side.

I was getting pissed last nite cause people who don't even follow baseball until post-season and jump on the bandwagon were trying to tell me that they wanted to kill Mussina. I'm like: STFU you don't know jack shit.

"OMG A HOME RUN OMG HE'S THE WORST PITCHER EVEEEEEEER! HE SUX HE NEEDS TO DIE OMG"

STFU! :mad:

Amen. Finally someone besides the announcers and analysts are on my side.

I was getting pissed last nite cause people who don't even follow baseball until post-season and jump on the bandwagon were trying to tell me that they wanted to kill Mussina. I'm like: STFU you don't know jack shit.

"OMG A HOME RUN OMG HE'S THE WORST PITCHER EVEEEEEEER! HE SUX HE NEEDS TO DIE OMG"

STFU! :mad:

No offense Cody, but he blamed everyone else but himself...he needs to clam up with that shit.

Originally posted by glittergal

Yes Soriano seems to need to practice this, strike one, two, three you're out!!!

Soriano needs to be alot more patient... The 3 pitches that he swung at were rediculous... But he loves to swing at that outside pitch. Yet never hits it...

I would have to say the only one who has had a good bat the whole post season is Jeter. And Bernie has been decent...

Cody - I had arguments with 3 people last night saying that Moose sucks.

I finally just said ok ok ok you are right.

10 Strikeouts

7 Innings

5 Hits

3 Runs ( 1 Run Questionable and would not have been questionable is Soriano let it go sooner and harder)

Oh and to top it off... Soriano could have scored easily from 3rd base on the short fly ball... Unfortunately we cannot live off of the what ifs... We have to perform or we are not going anywhere...

He sucks you are SOOO Right...

Maybe if the Yanks would have layed back on the knuckle and stepped up on the Fastball. Taken more pitches for balls and reacted on a pitch they could hit. We could have blown the game out of reach... 7 Men left on base. Sorry if I was Moose I would have said here is the ball. I did what I had to do. Now you guys go out and win the game...

These are not the comeback Yankees of days past. They need to get runs up on the board early. They are no longer the come from behind team that they used to be. They are not the Yankee Family that they once were. And they are not as hungry as the past Yankees...

With the constant batting order changes, and roster changes they have never had the oppertunity to become a TEAM... Which is the one thing that has annoyed me about Steinbrenner...

Exhibit 1: Mussina pitched better than he did in Game 1, but not good enough to overcome a lineup that is batting a pathetic .192 in four games.

Exhibit 2: Afterward, the Yankees bemoaned squandered chances and their 1-for-9 performance with runners in scoring position and leaving eight runners on. What hurt the most is that Mussina pitched well enough to win but was sabotaged by the Men Without Bats and a suspect double play pivot by Alfonso Soriano in the seventh when the Red Sox scored their third run.

Mussina's not the only one saying it's not all his fault.

Exhibit 1: Mussina pitched better than he did in Game 1, but not good enough to overcome a lineup that is batting a pathetic .192 in four games.

Exhibit 2: Afterward, the Yankees bemoaned squandered chances and their 1-for-9 performance with runners in scoring position and leaving eight runners on. What hurt the most is that Mussina pitched well enough to win but was sabotaged by the Men Without Bats and a suspect double play pivot by Alfonso Soriano in the seventh when the Red Sox scored their third run.

Mussina's not the only one saying it's not all his fault.

:aright: I do not back Moose all that often. He is not an incredible pitcher. But he is a good pitcher and has some incredible games. Without run support you can take the Red Sox into the 9th inning having them only score 3 runs and lose a game. As seen last night. With that said. I do back him 100% last night.

It is funny. He has not hit well at all. But he has come through with a few hits when they counted. And in the play offs that is key... ;)

Neither has most of the lineup. So why is everyone raggin' on Sori?

People should be jumpin' in Giambi. He's supposed to be our big hitter in the lineup.. and he's doing jack shit.