Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sony Playstation 2

jkc

Has anyone got more information on the Sony Playstation2 that's due to come out in October? This will be a much sought after unit and anyone who buys stock should seriously think about grabbing some up before the debut.....No talk of shipment delays at this time but I haven't been keeping up to the minute on this. Can anyone add to this?

------------------

Guest crystalmethodny

Some info on PSX2--

It will be released in North America on October 26th

-The Price will be $299

-It will be refitted to have a hard drive

-Only 1 million units will be available on the 26th, throughout the Holiday season.

Sony plans to have an additional 2 million available to the public by the time March 2001 rolls around, apparently, they can't keep up with production. This will just make the system even more valued and wanted.

Peace out

-CM

------------------

Guest crystalmethodny

I dont know about that Dackerman..

I was just in LA at the E3 convention and the PSX2 looked HOTTTT

EA is coming out with a whole line of games for it.

Peace

------------------

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure there are games that are being developed right now and by the time October rolls around there will be plenty to choose from.

Does anybody know whether the DVD player will be any good? It looks like you still need a separate DVD player to play movies because how can you access the menus and other goodies that are on most DVDs nowadays? Most DVD players have remotes, but maybe PSX2 can use the controller instead!

It's not the hardware that's the problem, but the games. Developers haven't figured out how to program forthe PS2 yet -- it's not very user-friendly. Look at an eye candy game like Dead ro Alive 2 -- it looks the same on Dreamcast and PS2.

Guest crystalmethodny

I think the Dreamcast is way underrated and should be given more credit! Go support SEGA!

Say it... say it!!!

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

• 1 month later...

SHould we all pre-order now? I heard that come Christmas time the supply for the States will be gone and won't be re-stocked till March. Demand is that high right now, at least that is what I heard.

------------------

"...I'm going to show them a world, without you. A world without rules and

controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible.

Where we go from there is the choice I leave to you." -THE MATRIX

Archived