Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MP3 Players

g-money

Can anybody recommend a good MP3 player? I'm looking onto buying one. ALso, is it fairly easy to load music from the computer onto the player? I'm considering getting a Handspring visor and then buying the MP3 player which you can attach to that. Any opinions, stories, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hey, great topic. Here's my 2 cents.

The Handspring Visor is a great piece of equipment, and the MP3 player sounds really good, too. The software is really easy to use, especially if you use Windows, since it's just drag and drop.

If you're looking for something a little less complex, and more just MP3 directed, instead of being a PDA, then I'd go for the Nomad, or the Rio. Either of them will serve you well, and the stock memory is usually enough.

Good luck with it, hope you have fun.

kove.

in my opinion, i dont think mp3 players are worth it right now. The problem i believe lies in the media. its just too damn expensive and because of this youre probably going to be basically stuck with only 32 or 64 mb ram. thats basically 1 or 2 cds depending on how u like your sound quality. if i were u i would get a md player with a usb support. minidiscs r so much cheaper than flash memory cards and the players r basically in the same price range. plus, with the md player u can record from any source u want not just mp3s. i know sony has a md player like this and im pretty sure other companies will follow.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a new MP3/CD player that plays MP3's off the CD. So you could have up to 10hrs of music .... and its supposedly digital so it preloads the song into memory and not reading off CD so it wont skip!!!!. I forgot who made it though .. sorry.

------------------

Everything will be perfect .... tonight and forever....

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice!!! I know handspring will eventually have an attachment so that you can play your MP3 files in the car!!!

------------------

"...I'm going to show them a world, without you. A world without rules and

controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible.

Where we go from there is the choice I leave to you." -THE MATRIX

MPTrip is the name of the cd player that can play regular mp3's on cd. Perfect for DJ'in you get about 10 hours worth of music on one cd. To get info on it I've seen it for sale of Ebay, do a search or read about it on epinions.com

• 2 weeks later...

Archived