Clubplanet Nightlife Community

school-related problem

mala

I'm really indecisive about whether I should withdraw from one of my classes. The course is neuroscience, and it involves some very difficult course work and readings. I'm not failing the course, but I'm not doing as well as I would like to. Much of the material is very detailed, and it involves recalling many facts. I don't feel like I have enough time to devote to studying for this class. I do enjoy the course, but I wish I didn't take it this semester. I don't know if I should withdraw, or accept a mediocre grade. Also, I wonder about the implications that withdrawing might have on my wish to go to graduate school. Is withdrawing that big of a deal? Opinions needed.

Originally posted by fkornre

drop the class...better to do it over and get all the info and readings when u are up to it...dont settle for a bad or middle of the road grade...go for the A :D

i agree u should withdraw the class but im not sure if u would get ur $ back, i never withdrew any of my classes when i was in college, always go for A's :D i hate it when i use to get A- :half:

Originally posted by nybeauty

i agree u should withdraw the class but im not sure if u would get ur $ back, i never withdrew any of my classes when i was in college, always go for A's :D i hate it when i use to get A- :half:

omg me too... neuroscience sounds like a class id enjoy... im taking a class on psychopharmacology which touches on neuroscience and neuroanatomy a lot... i love it

but drop it if u dont need the credits the semester. but if u like the class.. then bust ur ass for the A :)

drop it cause what grad school will look at in the long run is your overall grade average and then ask you about the W personally, at which time you can defend it by saying it was all too much and you felt you couldn't devote yourself 100% ...blah blah blah...