Clubplanet Nightlife Community

matresses are expensive!

hell yeah...... just got new furniture...didn't realize the bed wasn't coming with a mattress.....old bed was a queen size ... new one king size.......long story short ...got talked into this kingsdown mattress.......$1,900 later (he used the "you spend 33% of your life in bed" line on me....I have to admit...... it was a good investment....I've never felt this good waking up in the morning... what kills me is all these ads in the paper for mattresses.... you get there and the $399 mattress on sale is about 3 inches thick with five springs in it....

I think that was a good investment. And you are right, the ads pull you in with the $299 queen size bed ad and when you get there, it looks like a queen sized paper towel with a tag on it. I don't think skimping on a bed is a good idea (unless you have to). A friend of mine bought a $300 full size bed a few years ago and about a year and a half later, the springs creaked and the bed started losing support.